Author Topic: eff that stupid ass show (duck dynasty related)  (Read 30064 times)

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: eff that stupid ass show (duck dynasty related)
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2013, 10:47:23 AM »
Everyone, every last person on earth, is a bigot.  Stop using the word like it's an insult or powerful in some way, it's not.  Also, the man is following his religion, how does that make him stupid?  Ignorant is probably more accurate, the problem with disagreeing with "the gays" is it's not a choice, so you're condemning someone who did nothing wrong.

I have several gay friends (none black though so no double bonus), and I would hope that while not approving of their lifestyle, duck guy would help them when in need.  And I think he would.  I don't believe for one second his statement makes him a bad person.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »
If somebody on tv said the exact same thing about gay people and used his Muslim beliefs as a shield, I don't think there would be any outrage over his show suspending him.

Well, considering people have been killed over Prophet Muhammad caricatures, I believe there would be a fair amount of outrage on both sides of the issue.  just like there is now. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 20, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »
If somebody on tv said the exact same thing about gay people and used his Muslim beliefs as a shield, I don't think there would be any outrage over his show suspending him.

Well, considering people have been killed over Prophet Muhammad caricatures, I believe there would be a fair amount of outrage on both sides of the issue.  just like there is now.

Nope. His show would have suspended him, everyone would view him as a bigot, and that would be that. There wouldn't be tons of rednecks sticking up for him on facebook.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 20, 2013, 10:52:47 AM »

Nope. His show would have suspended him, everyone would view him as a bigot, and that would be that. There wouldn't be tons of rednecks sticking up for him on facebook.

That statement makes you 10X the 'Bigot' duck guy is, FYI.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »
Everyone, every last person on earth, is a bigot.  Stop using the word like it's an insult or powerful in some way, it's not.  Also, the man is following his religion, how does that make him stupid?  Ignorant is probably more accurate, the problem with disagreeing with "the gays" is it's not a choice, so you're condemning someone who did nothing wrong.

I have several gay friends (none black though so no double bonus), and I would hope that while not approving of their lifestyle, duck guy would help them when in need.  And I think he would.  I don't believe for one second his statement makes him a bad person.

So you don't think that A&E should be able to protect their image when somebody they are putting on tv goes on a hate-filled rant?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 20, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »

That's exactly what makes him rough ridin' stupid. He can't think for himself.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2013, 10:54:31 AM »

How so?

Offline shivvyman

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Combo-Fan
  • Hates All Races Equally
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »
I have never watched Duck Dynasty, but I have learned two important things in this thread:

1) Duck Dynasty sucks.
2) MIR's posts are a waste of storage space on this site's server.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2013, 10:59:36 AM »

So you don't think that A&E should be able to protect their image when somebody they are putting on tv goes on a hate-filled rant?

FWIW, A&E is still going to air approx 50 hrs of DDynasty (with bigot) between now and Christmas.  And, they're not pulling any DDynasty merchandise from the shelves.  So, still cashing on, hate-filled rant notwithstanding. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2013, 11:01:19 AM »

FWIW, A&E is still going to air approx 50 hrs of DDynasty (with bigot) between now and Christmas.  And, they're not pulling any DDynasty merchandise from the shelves.  So, still cashing on, hate-filled rant notwithstanding.

Why should they suffer? They didn't go on the hate-filled rant.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2013, 11:02:05 AM »
Omg are you going to boycott Hawaii and dogs now??

No way man, I don't boycott things because of stupid stuff that individuals do. I won't give my money to businesses that openly support bigots though. Did you read about the All-American Muslim thing and Lowes & kayak.com's roles, pretty messed up?

Kayak.com openly admitted to making a poor decision.  Lowe's decided to avoid the issue, before any petitions hit their front door.  Corporations decide not to advertise on tons of different shows for several reasons.  They recognized the political and religious implications of advertising on the show, when a very large portion of their customers frankly are not very accepting of Muslims.

I think they both mumped up, but boycotting them seems a bit much.  As I said before, everyone is a bigot, I could probably find a few racially, or religious, or sexual orientation based eff ups by other stores you shop at.  Where does it end?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2013, 11:02:41 AM »

Agree to disagree.  I think we tread more carefully around Muslim-based beliefs because we don't want to be viewed as intolerant.     

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2013, 11:03:49 AM »
Facebook (Eudora hayseed):

why can't gay people just go be gay. why do they insist on stuffing in everybody's face. nobody cares if they're gay just let us watch our God damn TV show

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2013, 11:04:35 AM »

I just think they should protect their image, ya know? 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2013, 11:07:21 AM »
Maybe this has been covered...but the people on FB and social media whining about free speech and the First Amendment clearly have no idea what the First Amendment says or means.   
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 20, 2013, 11:07:41 AM »

I just think they should protect their image, ya know?

I think they should be able to handle the situation in any way they see fit, really.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 20, 2013, 11:09:22 AM »

Never said that... I think the whole thing is dumb, both sides.

How so?

You essentially insulted devout Christians supporting duck guy, implying you do not accept their religious beliefs; therefore, you are a bigot.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 20, 2013, 11:11:45 AM »
Maybe this has been covered...but the people on FB and social media whining about free speech and the First Amendment clearly have no idea what the First Amendment says or means.   

Yeah, making a First Amendment/free speech argument is pretty ridiculous.  Especially from politicians.  Although, not terribly surprising coming from Palin & co.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »

Yeah, making a First Amendment/free speech argument is pretty ridiculous.  Especially from politicians.  Although, not terribly surprising coming from Palin & co.

It can be construed as a termination for religious beliefs.  I don't think it would hold up, but this is definitely covered under the first amendment, followed by the bill or rights, and several civil rights laws.  What's so surprising?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2013, 11:16:19 AM »
You essentially insulted devout Christians supporting duck guy, implying you do not accept their religious beliefs; therefore, you are a bigot.

I accept their beliefs just fine. I am a devout Christian myself. I just don't like their actions. Having beliefs is one thing. Imposing them on others is something else.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »

I think they should be able to handle the situation in any way they see fit, really.

No doubt.  but, just like redneck guy, A&E should rightly be labeled a hypocrite.  Of course, we can both agree it's quite hypocritical to suspend redneck guy as a message to the LGBT community, but then at the same time continue caching checks derived exclusively from redneck guy's empire.  sure, they can do whatever the eff they want.  But, still hypocritical IMO. 

It would be like a politician supporting the NAACP community but then accepting campaign contributions from the KKK.   

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2013, 11:17:42 AM »
can we all accept that he is a public figure, he said something dumb and he was reprimanded just like anyone should have been

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2013, 11:18:54 AM »
He was pretty vulgar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »

No doubt.  but, just like redneck guy, A&E should rightly be labeled a hypocrite.  Of course, we can both agree it's quite hypocritical to suspend redneck guy as a message to the LGBT community, but then at the same time continue caching checks derived exclusively from redneck guy's empire.  sure, they can do whatever the eff they want.  But, still hypocritical IMO. 

It would be like a politician supporting the NAACP community but then accepting campaign contributions from the KKK.

I agree completely. I already said earlier in this thread that A&E is a horrible channel and the best possible outcome for everybody is if these duck dynasty guys just get pissed off and quit.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2013, 11:20:41 AM »
can we all accept that he is a public figure, he said something dumb and he was reprimanded just like anyone should have been

I would like to think so, but looking at facebook, the answer is definitely no.