Author Topic: eff that stupid ass show (duck dynasty related)  (Read 30409 times)

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: eff that stupid ass show (duck dynasty related)
« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »

I agree completely. I already said earlier in this thread that A&E is a horrible channel and the best possible outcome for everybody is if these duck dynasty guys just get pissed off and quit.

On this we can agree.  2 things.  First, I do like Intervention.  Second, A&E suspension will turn out to be a slap on the wrist and DDynasty will continue on with Phil, more popular than ever.  Too much money at stake.   

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2013, 11:32:34 AM »

I agree completely. I already said earlier in this thread that A&E is a horrible channel and the best possible outcome for everybody is if these duck dynasty guys just get pissed off and quit.

On this we can agree.  2 things.  First, I do like Intervention.  Second, A&E suspension will turn out to be a slap on the wrist and DDynasty will continue on with Phil, more popular than ever.  Too much money at stake.   

Not if the duck guys just quit. They are independently wealthy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »
Everyone, every last person on earth, is a bigot.

What a ridiculous rationalization

Kayak.com openly admitted to making a poor decision.  Lowe's decided to avoid the issue, before any petitions hit their front door.  Corporations decide not to advertise on tons of different shows for several reasons.  They recognized the political and religious implications of advertising on the show, when a very large portion of their customers frankly are not very accepting of Muslims.

I think they both mumped up, but boycotting them seems a bit much.  As I said before, everyone is a bigot, I could probably find a few racially, or religious, or sexual orientation based eff ups by other stores you shop at.  Where does it end?

I take it that you don't actually remember what happened with the All-American Muslim controversy.  Lowe's pulled their ads because some religious nut in Florida said that since the show didn't portray Muslims as terrorists it was an inaccurate portrayal.  There were no petitions coming, this happened well into the season, and even if they did I would hope that the people at Lowe's would be smart enough to realize that advertising on that show wouldn't hurt the bottom line. They did get a petition of 200,000 signatures asking them to reconsider and they didn't.

kayak.com panicked, pulled their ads, then the CEO penned one of the most horrendous excuse letter I have ever seen. That letter will be studied by PR students for years as an example of what not to do. Best case scenario is that the guy is a gigantic moron, worst and most likely case is that he is a rough ridin' liar.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57343123-71/kayak-tortures-logic-in-withdrawing-from-all-american-muslim/

Bottom line is this isn't a case of a company having a rogue employee that said something regrettable, it was two businesses that made a decision to bow to the bigotry of one man. I eat at Denny's and they had institutional racism, they owned up to it and made it right.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2013, 11:47:13 AM »
I hesitate to post this, because I would hate for MIR to have nowhere to do his home improvement shopping, but Home Depot is apparently racist too. 

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2013/11/home_depot_pairs_fake_monkey_with_black_men.html

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2013, 11:52:29 AM »
I hesitate to post this, because I would hate for MIR to have nowhere to do his home improvement shopping, but Home Depot is apparently racist too. 

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2013/11/home_depot_pairs_fake_monkey_with_black_men.html

"We terminated agency and individual who posted it," Home Depot tweeted.

:dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2013, 12:20:05 PM »

Are you trying to be rough ridin' funny or something?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2013, 01:17:20 PM »

I thought you boycotted Lowes b/c they were racist, or something.  I don't know.  Don't really read your posts too closely. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2013, 01:22:56 PM »

I thought you boycotted Lowes b/c they were racist, or something.  I don't know.  Don't really read your posts too closely.

Oh, hahaha. Edgy, belvis, so edgy

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2013, 01:25:01 PM »

Kayak.com openly admitted to making a poor decision.  Lowe's decided to avoid the issue, before any petitions hit their front door.  Corporations decide not to advertise on tons of different shows for several reasons.  They recognized the political and religious implications of advertising on the show, when a very large portion of their customers frankly are not very accepting of Muslims.

I think they both mumped up, but boycotting them seems a bit much.  As I said before, everyone is a bigot, I could probably find a few racially, or religious, or sexual orientation based eff ups by other stores you shop at.  Where does it end?

I take it that you don't actually remember what happened with the All-American Muslim controversy.  Lowe's pulled their ads because some religious nut in Florida said that since the show didn't portray Muslims as terrorists it was an inaccurate portrayal.  There were no petitions coming, this happened well into the season, and even if they did I would hope that the people at Lowe's would be smart enough to realize that advertising on that show wouldn't hurt the bottom line. They did get a petition of 200,000 signatures asking them to reconsider and they didn't.

kayak.com panicked, pulled their ads, then the CEO penned one of the most horrendous excuse letter I have ever seen. That letter will be studied by PR students for years as an example of what not to do. Best case scenario is that the guy is a gigantic moron, worst and most likely case is that he is a rough ridin' liar.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57343123-71/kayak-tortures-logic-in-withdrawing-from-all-american-muslim/

Bottom line is this isn't a case of a company having a rogue employee that said something regrettable, it was two businesses that made a decision to bow to the bigotry of one man. I eat at Denny's and they had institutional racism, they owned up to it and made it right.

It's not a rationalization, it's a commentary.  Everyone is a Bigot, glass houses, etc.  Take these opportunities to examine yourself, not just the person(s) in the news.

It was the FFA, not one nut job, and yes the FFA sent a petition.  Which was part of the uproar, that Lowe's would give such a group the time of day.  I guess you need to look again.

http://www.thewire.com/national/2011/12/lowes-continues-its-lonely-anti-all-american-muslim-crusade/46488/

And lastly, studied for years to come?  I don't know about the letter, but I know the reason the CMO stated was because the show was terrible and it wasn't worth the cost.  I watched the show once, and I agree, it was terrible.  The CEO's statement is simple and to the point, if you think this is terrible then I just don't know what to say.

http://www.kayak.com/news/we-handled-this-poorly.bd.html

Looking back into this again I can see why you would boycott Lowe's, it was genuinely dumb.  But Kayak?  Seems like they didn't really do anything wrong.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2013, 01:29:04 PM »

Oh, hahaha. Edgy, belvis, so edgy

I'm not sure you know whay "edgy" means. 

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 20, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »
http://defamer.gawker.com/new-video-emerges-of-duck-dynasty-star-bemoaning-gay-s-1487290806/@maxread

they gone, the show will be pulled by 5PM CST

Welp.  So much for defending his beliefs.  More of the same until this:

"They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, god haters, they are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless, they invent ways of doing evil!"

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 20, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »

It's not a rationalization, it's a commentary.  Everyone is a Bigot, glass houses, etc.  Take these opportunities to examine yourself, not just the person(s) in the news.

It was the FFA, not one nut job, and yes the FFA sent a petition.  Which was part of the uproar, that Lowe's would give such a group the time of day.  I guess you need to look again.

http://www.thewire.com/national/2011/12/lowes-continues-its-lonely-anti-all-american-muslim-crusade/46488/

And lastly, studied for years to come?  I don't know about the letter, but I know the reason the CMO stated was because the show was terrible and it wasn't worth the cost.  I watched the show once, and I agree, it was terrible.  The CEO's statement is simple and to the point, if you think this is terrible then I just don't know what to say.

Looking back into this again I can see why you would boycott Lowe's, it was genuinely dumb.  But Kayak?  Seems like they didn't really do anything wrong.

please note that the ffa in question is "Florida Family Association" and not the wonderful "Future Farmers of America"

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 20, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
He was pretty vulgar

This is the main problem with his interview. He could  have just stopped at "My religion believes homosexuality is a sin, but it isn't my place to judge anybody".

I completely understand his point about not understanding sexual attraction between men, but that's not something you need to talk about in a public forum.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 20, 2013, 01:36:18 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 20, 2013, 01:36:46 PM »

Everyone is not a bigot, we will agree to disagree, we clearly have different ideas on what a bigot is. The FFA was/is? ran by one guy.

Mr. Caton had become a born-again Christian and the founder and sole employee of a fundamentalist group called the Florida Family Association.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/17/us/on-religion-a-one-man-war-on-american-muslims.html?_r=0

The Kayak thing offends me because the CEO is lying. They don't just advertise on shows that don't suck, that's amazing stupid. Also he said he didn't know the content of what the show was? What the hell were they looking for then, was he looking for a show that reinforced stereotypes about Muslims? His letter was offensive because it is clearly full of crap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »
http://defamer.gawker.com/new-video-emerges-of-duck-dynasty-star-bemoaning-gay-s-1487290806/@maxread

"They're full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, god haters, they are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless, they invent ways of doing evil!"

Yep, "they are insolent, arrogant, god haters" was my jump off point. This not only leaves A&E no choice but to cut DD but they also now have explaining to do themselves.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 20, 2013, 01:44:12 PM »

Yep, "they are insolent, arrogant, god haters" was my jump off point. This not only leaves A&E no choice but to cut DD but they also now have explaining to do themselves.

You guys realize that is quoted from the bible, right?  Those aren't his words.  And it isn't talking about gay people.  It's talking about all sinners, so basically everyone.  Read Romans Chapter 1 if you would like some context.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 20, 2013, 01:49:06 PM »
I will not read Romans Chapter 1

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2013, 01:50:32 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 20, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »
what an amazing fallback position. it's like a bullet proof vest for retards that only works against other retards.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 20, 2013, 01:52:35 PM »

You guys realize that is quoted from the bible, right?  Those aren't his words.  And it isn't talking about gay people.  It's talking about all sinners, so basically everyone.  Read Romans Chapter 1 if you would like some context.

It looks like he is choosing to only apply those words to gay people, rather than bascially everyone, though.