Author Topic: Planning weddings  (Read 88811 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2013, 03:54:30 PM »
No dogs at the wedding?  This is bullshit, he won't even need a plate or chair!  Benny is such a selfish bad person, omg!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2013, 03:56:43 PM »
People that don't invite my kids to their wedding are selfish assholes.

my actual opinion- if you are going to have a wedding then you decide who is important enough in your life to get an invitation. then you turn the decision of whether or not they bring their family (spouse, children) over to them. because hey let's face it, this person is pretty darn important to you, warrants an invitation to your wedding, is giving up their time to come see you get married and is an adult capable of making adult decisions.

but hey that's just me and i'm maybe weird that way. as a side note, i also let my wedding guests pick out their own clothes and decide on their own when they needed to use the bathroom during the reception.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2013, 04:24:10 PM »
People that bring their shitheaded kids to weddings are terrible.  If you have class, then you make rough ridin' arrangements and leave them behind.  If you can't, then sit your ass at home.  Nobody will be having any fun with you anyway.  Kids at weddings annoy the hell out of me as a guest and every damn time I want to punch the parents square in their fat rough ridin' faces.  Oh look, neither of you are very attractive and you had a couple mediocre at best kids.  Great job assholes is what I say.  Thanks for subjecting everyone else to your mistakes. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »
People that bring their shitheaded kids to weddings are terrible.  If you have class, then you make rough ridin' arrangements and leave them behind.  If you can't, then sit your ass at home.  Nobody will be having any fun with you anyway.  Kids at weddings annoy the hell out of me as a guest and every damn time I want to punch the parents square in their fat rough ridin' faces.  Oh look, neither of you are very attractive and you had a couple mediocre at best kids.  Great job assholes is what I say.  Thanks for subjecting everyone else to your mistakes. 

peoria

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »

my actual opinion- if you are going to have a wedding then you decide who is important enough in your life to get an invitation. then you turn the decision of whether or not they bring their family (spouse, children) over to them. because hey let's face it, this person is pretty darn important to you, warrants an invitation to your wedding, is giving up their time to come see you get married and is an adult capable of making adult decisions.

but hey that's just me and i'm maybe weird that way. as a side note, i also let my wedding guests pick out their own clothes and decide on their own when they needed to use the bathroom during the reception.

My opinion is you let people make whatever calls they want to make and let the chips fall where they may.  If someone wants to draw their line in the sand on making arrangements to be away from their kids for half a day then so be it.  I think it is pretty weird that someone would think it was self-centered to impose a "no kids" restriction on their wedding, also thinks someone butthurt enough to not go to a wedding because of a "no kids" rule is a model parent, citizen and wedding guest.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2013, 04:33:40 PM »
So where do we fall on kids allowed at the wedding, not at reception?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »

i personally think you are probably paying those kids more attention then they deserve, but then again i don't get easily frustrated and am in general a pretty low maintenance person.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2013, 04:36:19 PM »
You know what can get right the eff out? Friday weddings.
:adios:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2013, 04:39:20 PM »
No dogs at the wedding?  This is bullshit, he won't even need a plate or chair!  Benny is such a selfish bad person, omg!

My kids were going to have a few friends over for the weekend.  I assume the bride and groom won't mind if they bring their friends.  Its only 5.  Get over yourselves

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2013, 04:39:50 PM »
Weddings in general are pretty awful to go to

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2013, 04:52:25 PM »
kids are great.  everyone wants to dance with the cute little kids.  it's adorable.  wgaf if a kid cries during your wedding, that's practically a wedding tradition.
emaw

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2013, 04:58:13 PM »
Weddings in general are pretty awful to go to

Wedding receptions are great.  Sounds like you have just been to boring people's weddings.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »

peoria

explain yourself
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2013, 05:05:21 PM »

peoria

explain yourself

he just dunked in your pud town face.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »
If you like the people enough to not mind giving up a holiday weekend, Sunday weddings on a 3 day weekend can be pretty bad ass.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »

peoria

explain yourself

sounds about right.  got me right in my ego.  the balls of the ego even.  i will be back shortly to prove how great where i live is and therefore by association how great i am. 

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »
You know what can get right the eff out? Friday weddings.

What about weddings that take Friday and Saturday?   :adios:

Also, what kind of sad poors limit who can come to their wedding?  Sheesh people.  If the kids are annoying make them sit in the corner while the rest of us binge drink and break dance like idiots.  Or don't bring them. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2013, 05:35:15 PM »

peoria

explain yourself

sounds about right.  got me right in my ego.  the balls of the ego even.  i will be back shortly to prove how great where i live is and therefore by association how great i am. 

That's not quite it. I just think you try too hard sometimes and your Peorianess might explain it. Maybe some sort of an urge to overcompensate. Not sure.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2013, 06:10:04 PM »
weddings where you don't know anyone are especially great, cause you don't have to worry about embarrassing anyone. just party.

yes, love them.  :dance:

Girlfriend just dragged me to my first "don't know anyone except my gf" wedding/reception a couple weeks ago, it was horrible.  Like, the wedding itself was nice and there was pretty good food and free beer but I absolutely hated spending that much time around ~300 people I had never met.  Plus, it was in her hometown in Nebraska so we were there the whole weekend and I got screwed out of a few hundred dollars (had to miss a big baseball tournament I was asked to umpire that weekend).  All in all, I'd rather pay Mike Tyson to use my testicles as a punching bag instead of doing that again.  Pulling that crap during football season would be an offense worthy of a break up.

the ultimate kitn imo
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2013, 11:24:42 PM »
buncha wedding hating grinches mcscrooging themselves in here

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2013, 11:24:57 PM »
Where is the :hattip: emoticon? RD is laying it down for real in this thread and deserves one.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »
Man, is there anything worse than super long wedding's? Anything over 30 minutes is overkill, just get it over and get me to the reception!

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2013, 08:08:28 AM »
sister in law did a hotel reception and hired a babysitter.  kids were welcome but everybody knew there was a babysitter.  got a bunch of toys/dvds/coloring books etc and a room adjacent to the reception room.

My wife arranged this set up for our wedding. Worked great for everyone, especially the guests who were binging and not having to worry about their kids for a little while. Highly recommend if it's feasible.

Also, my best man's daughter screamed through the entire ceremony, but no one knew because the grandparents were there and they had enough sense to take the baby outside.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2013, 08:50:44 AM »
weddings suck and i skip them.  have a good time people who go to weddings.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2013, 09:19:17 AM »

My opinion is you let people make whatever calls they want to make and let the chips fall where they may.  If someone wants to draw their line in the sand on making arrangements to be away from their kids for half a day then so be it.  I think it is pretty weird that someone would think it was self-centered to impose a "no kids" restriction on their wedding, also thinks someone butthurt enough to not go to a wedding because of a "no kids" rule is a model parent, citizen and wedding guest.

hey dork, the line in the sand was drawn when two people (who want to spend the rest of their life together and start a family) decided to invite their closest friends and family to an event celebrating that fact and then included a stipulation that none of those close friends and family members were allowed to bring their four month old son or their seven year old daughter, despite the fact that it's a pretty much universally accepted thing to do.

i do agree that humans are allowed to make whatever calls they want to though.