Author Topic: Planning weddings  (Read 88491 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2013, 11:10:38 AM »
Like I said, I will throw some dough your way if you absolutely have to bring your kids to my 7 o'clock reception.  No problem

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2013, 11:11:15 AM »
SkinB, any other controversial aspects of your wedding we can fight over?

Chicken dance

Once went to a wedding where it was played twice, in succession, second time in reverse.

What part of Western KS?

Salina part of western KS.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2013, 11:23:20 AM »
Like I said, I will throw some dough your way if you absolutely have to bring your kids to my 7 o'clock reception.  No problem

i'm not sure how some "dough" will help me when my wife is still breastfeeding our three month old and we are trying to make the decision as to whether or not we want to make the trip up from dallas to attend your wedding in kc, but thanks for the offer i guess weirdo.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2013, 11:25:37 AM »

i'm not sure how some "dough" will help me when my wife is still breastfeeding our three month old and we are trying to make the decision as to whether or not we want to make the trip up from dallas to attend your wedding in kc, but thanks for the offer i guess weirdo.

That's why they have breast pumps.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2013, 11:30:06 AM »

:lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2013, 11:36:33 AM »
If you get a flat tire is the couple supposed to pay for a tow and a taxi?  Are they supposed to charter a flight?  Maybe they can just get married in your living room so that you don't need to get up from your recliner.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2013, 11:37:15 AM »

yeah. but my parents are both dead and my wife's parents live in reno. my sister lives in leawood and would watch our daughter, but her husbands family is in town staying with them this week as well and we don't really want to add further inconvenience to her. it's our first child and we don't really feel comfortable leaving her with a strange baby sitter that we've never met in a hotel room eight hours away from home. so while we'd both absolutely love to make it to the wedding (you were a groomsmen in ours), it really looks like we'll have to decline. say hi to everyone for me though and tell them i can't wait to see them at the ten year reunion. you and your wife make a great couple, btw. congrats, she's a keeper.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:50:07 AM by rick daris »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2013, 11:44:22 AM »
If you get a flat tire is the couple supposed to pay for a tow and a taxi?  Are they supposed to charter a flight?  Maybe they can just get married in your living room so that you don't need to get up from your recliner.

you know what i've never in my life heard of? a couple that is getting married paying for a tow and taxi or a chartered flight or offering to get married in someones living room so that they didn't need to get up from their recliner.

you know what i have heard of roughly one kabillion times? weddings where the couple let's their guests decide whether they want to bring a kid along or leave them at home.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »

yeah. but my parents are both dead and my wife's parents live in reno. my sister lives in leawood and would watch our daughter, but her husbands family is in town staying with them this week as well and we don't really want to add further inconvenience to her. it's our first child and we don't really feel comfortable leaving her with a strange baby sitter that we've never met in a hotel room eight hours away from home. so while we'd both absolutely love to make it to the wedding (you were a groomsmen in ours), it really looks like we'll have to decline. say hi to everyone for me though and tell them i can't wait to see them at the ten year reunion. you and your wife make a great couple, btw. congrats, she's a keeper.

It seems like by not putting you in my wedding party I've already sent a pretty clear message on whether or not I care if you come.  Still, your wife could skip the ceremony and stay in the hotel room giving your baby all the tit it can handle and then maybe make an appearance at the reception to congratulate us and then leave again.  You could then stay and party balls.  Hell you could just go to the reception and skip the ceremony too if you like.  I just want you to have fun and also not to have your baby crying at my ceremony because it isn't his/her goddamned day, it's my bride's.  Glad we got this sorted. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2013, 12:08:04 PM »
What about my 15 year old? He just got his learners permit (dd?) and is very responsible. I know he isnt old enough to buy chew or vote or even join the army, but do you think it would be ok for him to come to the wedding?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2013, 12:10:16 PM »
What about my 15 year old? He just got his learners permit (dd?) and is very responsible. I know he isnt old enough to buy chew or vote or even join the army, but do you think it would be ok for him to come to the wedding?

If he sits there silently he's obviously good to go.  If he has Tourette's, he can't come.  He can however come to the reception and yell crap until he passes out.  He can also have a beer or two if you're cool with that. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2013, 12:14:52 PM »
I've enjoyed weddings of family and life long friends but co worker/etc are just awful.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2013, 12:36:55 PM »
I've enjoyed weddings of family and life long friends but co worker/etc are just awful.

I don't go to coworker weddings, unless they qualify as friends or if people that qualify as that are going and will make it a good time.  I just get them a gift. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2013, 01:06:57 PM »

It seems like by not putting you in my wedding party I've already sent a pretty clear message on whether or not I care if you come.  Still, your wife could skip the ceremony and stay in the hotel room giving your baby all the tit it can handle and then maybe make an appearance at the reception to congratulate us and then leave again.  You could then stay and party balls.  Hell you could just go to the reception and skip the ceremony too if you like.  I just want you to have fun and also not to have your baby crying at my ceremony because it isn't his/her goddamned day, it's my bride's.  Glad we got this sorted.

your brother already told me that there are no groomsmen/bridesmaids because your wife is one of those women that doesn't really have any "girlfriends" and that she just wanted her sister to maid of honor and no bridesmaids so you couldn't have groomsmen. no big deal man. also something about how she's pretty high maintenance and wanted your wedding day to be "her day". like i said,  mfeo.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2013, 02:08:26 PM »
The 2 weddings I brought my kids to, we sat in the back and they were silent, then we only stayed for like 20 min of the reception and left. If I want to stay I get a sitter, done that many times also. No big deal.

I guess I'm saying I'm fantastic at being a Dad. PM me your kid problems and I'll help.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2013, 02:59:39 PM »
The 2 weddings I brought my kids to, we sat in the back and they were silent, then we only stayed for like 20 min of the reception and left. If I want to stay I get a sitter, done that many times also. No big deal.

I guess I'm saying I'm fantastic at being a Dad. PM me your kid problems and I'll help.

What would you do if, say, you were at a wedding and the mascot of the couple's favorite team walked in and your kids (also fans) went batshit crazy?  Pretty tough decision here, IMO.  Do you temper their excitement? I mean they're kids, and this is rough ridin' Willie, ahem, their favorite mascot, and yours, you want them to love him/her!  But they're kinda going absolutely crazy, people are staring.  It's kinda rude right?  Anyway, help.

Concerned in Concordia

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2013, 03:13:06 PM »
jesus, go crazy please

you dont invite willie to you wedding to lead everyone in reciting the rosary

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2013, 03:21:04 PM »

What would you do if, say, you were at a wedding and the mascot of the couple's favorite team walked in and your kids (also fans) went batshit crazy?  Pretty tough decision here, IMO.  Do you temper their excitement? I mean they're kids, and this is rough ridin' Willie, ahem, their favorite mascot, and yours, you want them to love him/her!  But they're kinda going absolutely crazy, people are staring.  It's kinda rude right?  Anyway, help.

Concerned in Concordia

Dear Concerned in Concordia,

Let the kids go bananas, but only for like a minute. They wouldn't invite a mascot if they were concerned about a little rah rah fanfare.

-CF3

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2013, 04:44:16 PM »
Breast feeding is gross, please don't bring.  I don't want my guests barfing and then slipping in the barf

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2013, 04:48:35 PM »
Breast feeding is gross, please don't bring.  I don't want my guests barfing and then slipping in the barf

katdaddy would totally tap her on the shoulder and say "mind if I go next?"  :drool:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2013, 04:52:38 PM »

hmmmm. guess i did not realize that the wedding was in 1947. guess all the guests will just need to leave their breast feeders at home and brush up on their lindy hops and charlestons. this is going to be quite the occasion that will apparently have all of town square hopping. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2013, 04:55:08 PM »
OH MY GOD THERE IS A SEVEN YEAR OLD FOUR TABLES AWAY FROM ME. IT'S TOTALLY DRIVING ME CRAZY AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO HAVE ANY FUN THE ENTIRE NIGHT!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 01, 2013, 04:56:03 PM »
GOD rough ridin' DAMNIT! I JUST SAW A BABY SLEEPING IN A CAR SEAT ON MY WAY BACK FROM THE BAR AND TOTALLY LOST MY BUZZ. I'M SO rough ridin' PISSED NOW!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:31:30 PM by rick daris »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2013, 05:30:48 PM »
GOD rough ridin' DAMNIT! I JUST SAY A BABY SLEEPING IN A CAR SEAT ON MY WAY BACK FROM THE BAR AND TOTALLY LOST MY BUZZ. I'M SO rough ridin' PISSED NOW!

I cannot tell you how many times I have been robbed of a sweet, sweet buzz for this exact reason. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2013, 05:34:39 PM »
GOD rough ridin' DAMNIT! I JUST SAY A BABY SLEEPING IN A CAR SEAT ON MY WAY BACK FROM THE BAR AND TOTALLY LOST MY BUZZ. I'M SO rough ridin' PISSED NOW!

I cannot tell you how many times I have been robbed of a sweet, sweet buzz for this exact reason.

i'm really feeling like you are focusing on the kids way more than you should be and it's taking you off your game. what if, just for exercise sake, the next time you are at a wedding and you see a kid you just pretend like they are a "little person"? kind of like that whole imagining the audience is naked when having to give a speech or something.  :dunno: