Author Topic: Planning weddings  (Read 87926 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2013, 09:33:37 AM »
sounds about right.  got me right in my ego.  the balls of the ego even.  i will be back shortly to prove how great where i live is and therefore by association how great i am.
Tell them about the All-American City Award Peoria just brought home!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2013, 09:34:52 AM »
Also, yeah I think an adults only wedding is a bit odd, but i think i'm a bit of a traditionalist.  If you have annoying kids then maybe you should get a sitter.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 01, 2013, 09:36:51 AM »
You're just punishing the people with good kids if you ban all kids.  Kids don't ruin weddings, bad parents ruin weddings. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
actually weddings ruin weddings, but carry on

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2013, 09:46:33 AM »
People that bring their shitheaded kids to weddings are terrible.  If you have class, then you make rough ridin' arrangements and leave them behind.  If you can't, then sit your ass at home.  Nobody will be having any fun with you anyway.  Kids at weddings annoy the hell out of me as a guest and every damn time I want to punch the parents square in their fat rough ridin' faces.  Oh look, neither of you are very attractive and you had a couple mediocre at best kids.  Great job assholes is what I say.  Thanks for subjecting everyone else to your mistakes. 

peoria

explain yourself

he just dunked in your pud town face.

sounds about right.  got me right in my ego.  the balls of the ego even.  i will be back shortly to prove how great where i live is and therefore by association how great i am. 

That's not quite it. I just think you try too hard sometimes and your Peorianess might explain it. Maybe some sort of an urge to overcompensate. Not sure.

That's what I thought about the topic at the moment I responded.  It wasn't for anyone's benefit.  You're shitty at armchair psychology.  I'm not surprised that you would would think that though.  Suits you.  Probably tough to fathom how someone wouldn't base a large portion of their self-worth on where they live for a cat like you.  San fran tho, huh rusty? 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »
People that bring their shitheaded kids to weddings are terrible.  If you have class, then you make rough ridin' arrangements and leave them behind.  If you can't, then sit your ass at home.  Nobody will be having any fun with you anyway.  Kids at weddings annoy the hell out of me as a guest and every damn time I want to punch the parents square in their fat rough ridin' faces.  Oh look, neither of you are very attractive and you had a couple mediocre at best kids.  Great job assholes is what I say.  Thanks for subjecting everyone else to your mistakes. 

peoria

explain yourself

he just dunked in your pud town face.

That's not quite it. I just think you try too hard sometimes and your Peorianess might explain it. Maybe some sort of an urge to overcompensate. Not sure.

That's what I thought about the topic at the moment I responded.  It wasn't for anyone's benefit.  You're shitty at armchair psychology.  I'm not surprised that you would would think that though.  Suits you.  Probably tough to fathom how someone wouldn't base a large portion of their self-worth on where they live for a cat like you.  San fran tho, huh rusty?

So defensive! :D

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2013, 09:54:42 AM »
I knew you were going to do that.  If I ignore you, you were right.  If I respond to you, it just proves my Peoria insecurities.  A Krusty 22.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2013, 09:57:06 AM »
Is Peoria considered a college town? I think Midwestern/southern college towns have the best combination of cost of living and culture in the country. Maybe I'm jealous?

:surprised:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2013, 10:00:28 AM »
Is Peoria considered a college town? I think Midwestern/southern college towns have the best combination of cost of living and culture in the country. Maybe I'm jealous?

I wouldn't say Peoria is a college town.  The college definitely seemed like a significant part of the town though, but less-so than the KSU/MHK or the Illinois/Chambana relationship. 

Bradley is a very small school and Peoria is a good sized town.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »
If I have to tell you not to bring your kids to an event that goes late into the night where unlimited booze is served, than I can't help you or your kids.  Only God/Allah can.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2013, 10:06:50 AM »

There are no elitist hipster things to do here and I imagine the local music scene is more or less crap.  I don't think you would like it.  I don't think Peoria considers itself a college town.  I'm pretty sure it thinks of itself as somehow above that.  I disagree.  Also, Bradley isn't big enough and their campus sucks.  Plus no football and small-timey basketball. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2013, 10:08:49 AM »
If I have to tell you not to bring your kids to an event that goes late into the night where unlimited booze is served, than I can't help you or your kids.  Only God/Allah can.

This was my point.  There shouldn't need to be a prohibition.  Fun people already know better.  If you're bringing your children, then you are a boring loser of a friend. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2013, 10:16:29 AM »

There are no elitist hipster things to do here and I imagine the local music scene is more or less crap.  I don't think you would like it.  I don't think Peoria considers itself a college town.  I'm pretty sure it thinks of itself as somehow above that.  I disagree.  Also, Bradley isn't big enough and their campus sucks.  Plus no football and small-timey basketball. 

I bet the country club is pretty classy tho

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2013, 10:23:55 AM »

This was my point.  There shouldn't need to be a prohibition.  Fun people already know better.  If you're bringing your children, then you are a boring loser of a friend.

I mean, if you really have no other options I will give you some $$ for a sitter.  Just ask.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2013, 10:41:16 AM »
Most of the weddings I've went to the parents bail at the kids' bedtimes anyway and leave it to the professionals to continue the celebration. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2013, 10:42:18 AM »

Every time i went to that weird Cruisens (not the one by the softball fields) they had live music that was pretty good.  I believe KSC and Doom_catz can verify this.

:dunno:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Planning weddings
« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2013, 10:44:17 AM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2013, 10:46:13 AM »
SkinB, any other controversial aspects of your wedding we can fight over?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 01, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »

Chicken dance

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 01, 2013, 10:52:54 AM »
Most of the weddings I've went to the parents bail at the kids' bedtimes anyway and leave it to the professionals to continue the celebration.

Yep.  Secretly though it's me that wants to go to bed but the kids make a good excuse.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 01, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »

Every time i went to that weird Cruisens (not the one by the softball fields) they had live music that was pretty good.  I believe KSC and Doom_catz can verify this.

It's not really stuff rusty can post about attending is the take home I think. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2013, 10:57:24 AM »

It's not really stuff rusty can post about attending is the take home I think. 

Oh, I would still post about it. I had a michigan thread on the old board. it was soooo booorrrrriiiiinnnnnnggggg. (but still existed)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2013, 10:58:12 AM »

Chicken dance

Once went to a wedding where it was played twice, in succession, second time in reverse.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2013, 10:59:33 AM »

Chicken dance

Once went to a wedding where it was played twice, in succession, second time in reverse.

What part of Western KS?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »

I mean, if you really have no other options I will give you some $$ for a sitter.  Just ask.

i personally choose not to take my kids to weddings as well for the same reasons listed above. it's a wedding and if i'm going, then i'm going to booze and probably even sneak off out back for a cig or two.

that's me though and it's my call and there have been a few times for various different reasons that we brought our kids and did not do the above things. just a quick nice to see you, here's your present, eat some food, have one beer and bail.

just seriously though... if you are getting married and honestly feel the need to make the whole "do i bring my six month old or not" decision for the people that you invited, then that raises a serious red flag about you as a person and the people that you choose to associate with. or maybe it doesn't at all and you are just a narcissistic weirdo that chose your wedding day to throw societal norms and conventional wisdom out the window because it's all about you and it's your day and you can do anything you want to on your day and people can either like it and deal with it or eff em.