Author Topic: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People  (Read 2207331 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Racist fb posts/tweets/snaps from KSU Family members or screeenshots of them
« Reply #11550 on: September 16, 2016, 08:07:53 PM »
no doubt, it's disgusting. how about sexist tweets? calling women bitches, sluts, etc.? as bad or nah? how may ksu students did that today on social media? how about confederate flags stickers on pickup trucks? university step in and issue a statement? anti-muslim statements on social media, I'm assuming there was some of that today? My opinion is the University needs to do whatever it can to not police the speech and actions of the students when they are outside of university activities and property. when it does decide to step in it better do so very carefully.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Political Facebook Posts/Tweets From People
« Reply #11551 on: September 16, 2016, 09:03:23 PM »
Any tokiecats able to help me with the oil dependence one?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Racist fb posts/tweets/snaps from KSU Family members or screeenshots of them
« Reply #11553 on: September 16, 2016, 10:06:17 PM »
WC, don't fight with people on gE. We're all buds mostly.

<---------------------

how many previews to line it up perfectly?

4 I think

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11554 on: September 17, 2016, 07:37:04 AM »

I guess this is a real thing going around.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: September 17, 2016, 07:38:21 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11556 on: September 17, 2016, 07:41:31 AM »

The words dicking and dicked don't get enough play in our collective lexicon. Thanks Colin.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #11557 on: September 17, 2016, 07:42:02 AM »

The deforestation one was pretty great, considering it's a crop.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11558 on: September 17, 2016, 08:38:31 AM »

The deforestation one was pretty great, considering it's a crop.

Pretty sure that's referring to hemp paper as an alternative to tree paper.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11559 on: September 17, 2016, 09:05:43 AM »

The words dicking and dicked don't get enough play in our collective lexicon. Thanks Colin.

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11560 on: September 17, 2016, 10:13:10 AM »
I mean, now, anytime a KSU student does anything racist/sexist/stupid (which happens 24/7/365 open on sundays) the university is going to be held up to the time the dean of students wrote a full page response to a fringe student's snap story pic.

The difference is that this was picked up as a national story. Anytime the university's name is dragged nationally because of something stupid that someone did, yeah they should respond. The last thing you want from a university is Shaun King tweeting or writing something questioning why your school had no response to a student in blackface. This story wasn't reported as her being a former student.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Racist fb posts/tweets/snaps from KSU Family members or screeenshots of them
« Reply #11561 on: September 17, 2016, 11:48:41 AM »
Yep. They're not going to make a story out of nothing, but if it's already a story they can't say nothing.

I mean, I think they should be able to say nothing, but I still understand that's just the reality. You cannot give people any ammunition, because people LOVE getting pissed off.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: September 17, 2016, 11:52:47 AM »
I wish Bosco would issue statements about something I did.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: September 17, 2016, 01:34:12 PM »
I agree with MIR, given the shitstorm and misinformation that was going around on the day-of, k-state probably needed to issue something.  But K-State should've made more clear that the chick isn't and hasn't been enrolled at K-State for months. 

Does k-state need to comment anytime anyone that used to be a student says something racist? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: September 17, 2016, 04:02:16 PM »
We need to count it as a win anytime K-State doesn't completely eff something up.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11565 on: September 17, 2016, 04:07:12 PM »
We need to count it as a win anytime K-State doesn't completely eff something up.

Lol

But accurate
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11566 on: September 17, 2016, 09:29:30 PM »

Does k-state need to comment anytime anyone that used to be a student says something racist?

Like mir said, kstate commented because it was taked about by Shaun King, etc. so the obviously obvious answer is no. No, kstate does not need to comment "anytime anyone that used to be a student says something racist." However, it is probably in their best interest to comment when/if crap like that is picked up by national media.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #11567 on: September 17, 2016, 09:34:18 PM »
Saw K-state was trending today on facebook. Went and saw everyone lots of people thinking she was at k-state was expelled. Has Shaun King ever corrected his original tweet?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11568 on: September 17, 2016, 10:16:33 PM »
Saw K-state was trending today on facebook. Went and saw everyone lots of people thinking she was at k-state was expelled. Has Shaun King ever corrected his original tweet?

Why would he? Doubt he gives a poo.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11569 on: September 17, 2016, 11:58:47 PM »

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: September 18, 2016, 05:18:43 AM »

Lol

But accurate

Oh, completely.

Sad.

Really.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: September 18, 2016, 09:59:45 AM »
Who is Shaun King?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: September 18, 2016, 10:55:27 AM »

No. But to be fair her Facebook and Snapchat profiles had (has?) her listed as a current student

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: September 18, 2016, 11:10:50 AM »

Like mir said, kstate commented because it was taked about by Shaun King, etc. so the obviously obvious answer is no. No, kstate does not need to comment "anytime anyone that used to be a student says something racist." However, it is probably in their best interest to comment when/if crap like that is picked up by national media.
Yeah. Again, I agree.  You misunderstood my post.

I'm saying that it's ridiculous that kstate was forced to comment on this situation, given that she wasn't a student when she did the racist thing.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: September 18, 2016, 11:16:43 AM »

Yeah. Again, I agree.  You misunderstood my post.

I'm saying that it's ridiculous that kstate was forced to comment on this situation, given that she wasn't a student when she did the racist thing.

There was no way for anyone to know that until K-State said she wasn't, blame Paige for that.