Author Topic: 2013 QB Competition: Sams vs. Waters  (Read 269003 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Waters is so good
« Reply #1350 on: September 09, 2013, 03:06:09 PM »
His passing ability is very overrated as it relates to how our fans talk about him. He had 2 very good passes that a good hs quarterback wouldn't complete on Saturday, both when he was on the move. He can complete basic passes and his throwing motion looks good, we haven't had a pocket passer that can do this since 1995 so everyone thinks this guy is Peyton Manning.

josh freeman tho

Yes, and I know I'm generalizing here, but many on Team Waters didn't like JFree and doesn't acknowledge him as a great KSU QB. I bet if you polled team waters they would take jake over josh right now if given the chance.

Like, all of Team Waters? Or just gE's branch of Team Waters?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 09, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »
His passing ability is very overrated as it relates to how our fans talk about him. He had 2 very good passes that a good hs quarterback wouldn't complete on Saturday, both when he was on the move. He can complete basic passes and his throwing motion looks good, we haven't had a pocket passer that can do this since 1995 so everyone thinks this guy is Peyton Manning.

josh freeman tho

Yes, and I know I'm generalizing here, but many on Team Waters didn't like JFree and doesn't acknowledge him as a great KSU QB. I bet if you polled team waters they would take jake over josh right now if given the chance.

i don't acknowledge freemaw as a great KSU QB because he didn't win a lot of games. every ksu fan would take freemaw over waters two games into their respective careers because he came in with more hype. you are lost today, friend.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 09, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »

josh freeman tho

i don't acknowledge freemaw as a great KSU QB because he didn't win a lot of games. every ksu fan would take freemaw over waters two games into their respective careers because he came in with more hype. you are lost today, friend.

MIR's right that non-ge-team-waters'rs would take waters over freeman for the reason I noted above.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1353 on: September 09, 2013, 03:16:46 PM »

Maybe he just looks so good because we've been watching Collin/Queso/Gregory the last 4 years?

I think that has a lot to do with it.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 09, 2013, 03:18:01 PM »

Maybe he just looks so good because we've been watching Collin/Queso/Gregory the last 4 years?
or maybe it's because he's completed 72% of his passes for 558 yards in 2 games with a 9.3 yds/attempt.  :dunno:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:30 PM »

I think that has a lot to do with it.
He should be a 3rd and long QB, otherwise Sams should take ever snap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:51 PM »

josh freeman tho

You just completely changed the context of what I said. I didn't say anything about two games in I said right now. If you want to talk about two games in though I'll point out that there were many people pissed that sunshine, RIP, was benched and were using similar crap excuses about bad receivers, bad O line, and bad scheme. Many of these people, if not all are team waters.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 09, 2013, 03:22:55 PM »
Freeman had about the worst everything around him when he was here, save Jordy. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 09, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »
Josh Freeman was fantastic.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 09, 2013, 03:25:52 PM »

or maybe it's because he's completed 72% of his passes for 558 yards in 2 games with a 9.3 yds/attempt.  :dunno:

You excluded three very important QB stats though. Also why, in the case of the offense that Waters is being asked to run,are people making a big deal about yds/attempt? Seemingly 95% of his attempts are within 5 yards of the LOS with receivers racking up YAC.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: September 09, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »

or maybe it's because he's completed 72% of his passes for 558 yards in 2 games with a fizz.fizz yds/attempt.  :dunno:

He almost matched Queso's first game against an FCS team! :ksu:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=302542306

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332422306

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 09, 2013, 03:30:10 PM »
I told my buddy before the start of the season that I was 95% positive that the most enjoyable part of this football season was going to be the bbs'ing meltdown after we lost our first game and the QB controversy got going in full force. It only took one game, and so far I have not been disappointed  :popcorn:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: September 09, 2013, 03:31:51 PM »

he has thrown 2 TDs and 4 INTs in a loss to a D2 school and a 0-2 Sunbelt school. he grinds our running game to a halt. he can't convert 3rd downs. you can tout all the fluff stats you want but they don't mean crap if he can't keep the ball or score points.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 09, 2013, 03:36:23 PM »

or maybe it's because he's completed 72% of his passes for 558 yards in 2 games with a fizz.fizz yds/attempt.  :dunno:

he has thrown 2 TDs and 4 INTs in a loss to a D2 school and a 0-2 Sunbelt school. he grinds our running game to a halt. he can't convert 3rd downs. you can tout all the fluff stats you want but they don't mean crap if he can't keep the ball or score points.
Does it matter how good Waters is or Waters isn't. Sams has been unstoppable and has played with a extremely limited playbook. What happens when we open it up.  :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 09, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »

Does it matter how good Waters is or Waters isn't. Sams has been unstoppable and has played with a extremely limited playbook. What happens when we open it up.  :dunno:

it matters in that I wouldn't be as mad about it if Waters was better at football

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: September 09, 2013, 03:40:52 PM »
Yup! He also excelled at throwing INT's too. Just like Jake!!! :D http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-freeman-1.html

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 09, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »
Yup! He also excelled at throwing INT's too. Just like Jake!!! :D http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-freeman-1.html

If Jake can finish out the season with a 3:1 TD:INT to match Josh I will praise the crap out of him

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 09, 2013, 03:43:03 PM »
yeah, if Sams could get some nice drives in mop-up time because Waters gave us big leads against subpar competition, I wouldn't be that upset. I'm sure I'd try to argue for Sams because he would look at amazing, but I would be able to see why there's a "controversy". Now I really can't see any argument in favor of Waters over Sams based on what each has shown on the field.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 09, 2013, 03:43:39 PM »
@sd :thumbs:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 09, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »

You excluded three very important QB stats though. Also why, in the case of the offense that Waters is being asked to run,are people making a big deal about yds/attempt? Seemingly 95% of his attempts are within 5 yards of the LOS with receivers racking up YAC.
so he doesn't get credit for recievers' yac but he has to take the entire td/int stat line even though he would be 3/3 if not for 2 clear receiver derps?  jesus christ, MIR.

why is it so rough ridin' hard to admit that the evidence so far is that he's a pretty good pocket passing qb that has a good release, is accurate and can scramble effectively when the pocket breaks down...AND...Sams is still the better qb for our system?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 09, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »
Freeman's freshman season was pretty rough, and if he had Daniel Sams on the bench behind him, I would have been pissed that he was playing so much. He had Dylan Meier on the bench behind him, though . . .

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 09, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »
Now I really can't see any argument in favor of Waters over Sams based on what each has shown on the field.

Bill did it the right way to show the unknown guy first. Now no one will have to wonder about him when Sams gets all the snaps. Too bad we had to lose the first game because of it.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 09, 2013, 03:50:54 PM »

why is it so rough ridin' hard to admit that the evidence so far is that he's a pretty good pocket passing qb that has a good release, is accurate and can scramble effectively when the pocket breaks down...AND...Sams is still the better qb for our system?

I'll admit this. 

When Sams gets tired from scoring too many TDs, I'd be perfectly be fine with Waters coming into the game. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 09, 2013, 03:59:33 PM »

so he doesn't get credit for recievers' yac but he has to take the entire td/int stat line even though he would be 3/3 if not for 2 clear receiver derps?  jesus christ, MIR.

Um I was just pointing out that your little stat pack told half of the story. I do think he's a good passer, nothing more. I think his biggest issue isn't his accuracy, his receivers,  his running back, or his o line; its his coaches insistence on him running someone else's offense.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 09, 2013, 04:02:50 PM »

If Jake can finish out the season with a 3:1 TD:INT to match Josh I will praise the crap out of him

Josh also had 400 rushing yards his junior year.  Not a chance Jake comes within 500 yards of that.