Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 502433 times)

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #550 on: December 15, 2012, 12:10:50 PM »
we need to ban fertilizer too. Remember that one physco that killed people with a fertilizer bomb? People just can't handle fertilizer any more. Only policemen and the army should have fertilizer

The problem with this conversation are many are too stupid to have it intelligently.  Not only has this exact talking point been used about 5 times in this thread but it is a talking point completely irrelevant to what is being discussed.

There isn't a conversation to be had to outlaw every single way to kill someone, we are talking about gun violence only.  If you can't discuss that shut the eff up.

It's pretty relevant. Tim Mcveigh probably killed more people than all mass shootings combined since Columbine. We really need to focus on banning fertilizer here, people

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 15, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »
we need to ban fertilizer too. Remember that one physco that killed people with a fertilizer bomb? People just can't handle fertilizer any more. Only policemen and the army should have fertilizer

The problem with this conversation are many are too stupid to have it intelligently.  Not only has this exact talking point been used about 5 times in this thread but it is a talking point completely irrelevant to what is being discussed.

There isn't a conversation to be had to outlaw every single way to kill someone, we are talking about gun violence only.  If you can't discuss that shut the eff up.

It's pretty relevant. Tim Mcveigh probably killed more people than all mass shootings combined since Columbine. We really need to focus on banning fertilizer here, people

Not relevant but it is also regulated.  So you just conceded we need to regulate guns.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 15, 2012, 12:13:57 PM »

But see, he thinks you're the stupid one for not thinking it's relevant. You need to consider others views and not simply dismiss them with insults. Remember, it's possible that you're wrong.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 15, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »
Yeah, some pud and his glock will stop the gov if they want to suppress them.

No, but millions of puds with glocks, and ar-15's theoretically could.

Lol.  No.  You really don't understand what our military is capable of.

What is the point of saying this?  That because the US military is so powerful and capable of destroying our citizenry through lethal force that it is best to just accept it and docilely do as instructed?

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 15, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »

Not relevant but it is also regulated.  So you just conceded we need to regulate guns.

lol no. I have a feeling getting 1000 lbs of fertilizer wouldn't be that difficult

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 15, 2012, 12:16:06 PM »

What is the point of saying this?  That because the US military is so powerful and capable of destroying our citizenry through lethal force that it is best to just accept it and docilely do as instructed?

The point is you don't need to be armed to protect yourself from the govt.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 15, 2012, 12:16:25 PM »

Could you enlighten us on the fertilizer regulations and then compare it to firearms, which I assume are also regulated.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:32 PM »

lol no. I have a feeling getting 1000 lbs of fertilizer wouldn't be that difficult

So you are ignorant of the law.  That's fine

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »
Doom, am I correct in believing that your rationale for gun ownership is something to the effect of:

Though a gunless world is preferred, it is highly unlikely, if not impossible.  That being the case, it is logical that in a world where guns exist that those who would be most likely to procure them would be individuals or groups with ill-intentions.  As such, it is necessary for others to arm themselves in response to that threat?

This is everyone's rationale for non-sporting gun ownership, there isn't another rationale to be had.  It's astonishing that people don't see the obvious logic flaw.

What is the logic flaw?

You're not going to get guns out of the hands of "bad guys" whom ever the eff they are until the "good guys" are willing to give them up. 

If there was a gun ban the people targeted most strongly would be the same people who are the first disenfranchise by most laws.  Joe the Plumber in Berea, OH with a .22 under his mattress would have hardly anything to worry about.  These (you) people don't understand that gun laws would effect the "bad guys" first.

When will gun people stop being afraid of a n-word coming into their window at night and realize a bigger threat to safety are the people who fit the profile of legal gun owners.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 15, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »
how paranoid, naive, and batshit delusional do you have to be to go buy a gun to protect yourself from the damn US military?

they have planes that can drop bombs on stuff.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 15, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »

The point is you don't need to be armed to protect yourself from the govt.

Is that because the government does not and will not facilitate a need for armed defense, or is it because resistance is futile?  It could be a combination of the two, I guess.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 15, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »

But see, he thinks you're the stupid one for not thinking it's relevant. You need to consider others views and not simply dismiss them with insults. Remember, it's possible that you're wrong.

I'm wrong in stating that fertilizer doesn't have crap to do with guns?  They're two completely separate arguments, that's fact.  You want to talk about how much cow crap you should be able to buy, fine do that, I'm going to keep talking about guns.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 15, 2012, 12:23:23 PM »
If the Patriot Act taught us anything, its that responding rapidly with new laws, because of emotion, is not a smart way to govern. 

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 15, 2012, 12:23:42 PM »
When will gun people stop being afraid of a n-word coming into their window at night and realize a bigger threat to safety are the people who fit the profile of legal gun owners.

My parents had their car stolen out of the garage. If those dudes came into our home I sure would have liked to have a gun. But you want to take that right away from me. Guy could have came in and murdered us all if he wanted

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 15, 2012, 12:24:31 PM »
how paranoid, naive, and batshit delusional do you have to be to go buy a gun to protect yourself from the damn US military?

Me and my bros could totally take them though if we had enough guns.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 15, 2012, 12:25:11 PM »
If the Patriot Act taught us anything, its that responding rapidly with new laws, because of emotion, is not a smart way to govern.
Do you think gun violence in 2012 is as novel an issue as planes ramming into buildings was in 2001?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 15, 2012, 12:25:24 PM »

I'm wrong in stating that fertilizer doesn't have crap to do with guns? 

I'd like you to at least consider the possibility.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 15, 2012, 12:25:36 PM »

WOLVERINES!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 15, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »

My parents had their car stolen out of the garage. If those dudes came into our home I sure would have liked to have a gun. But you want to take that right away from me. Guy could have came in and murdered us all if he wanted

like you really don't understand logic

If your parents weren't legally posessing a gun the guys wouldn't have had a gun to steal.  Are you intentionally making the argument for me?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 15, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »
what is the likelihood of being killed in a mass shooting?  probably about the same as winning the lottery

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 15, 2012, 12:28:15 PM »

WOLVERINES!

Resistance is futile!

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 15, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »

Should some type of government suppression be attempted, most people will need to protect their families from other citizens, not the military.

Also, I see the US military turning on the government before they turn on the citizens.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 15, 2012, 12:28:59 PM »

like you really don't understand logic

If your parents weren't legally posessing a gun the guys wouldn't have had a gun to steal.  Are you intentionally making the argument for me?
this makes no sense. A guy stole our car. If he wanted to come into our home and kill us he could have. I'm not better off with no gun

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 15, 2012, 12:29:58 PM »

Yes gun violence is completely isolated and brand new.  In Chicago last year 700 people were killed by guns.  That's 700 in one US city.  I'd certainly love to know how many more hundreds of thousands have to die before it stops being a rapid response based on emotion.  Is your number 50,000,000?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 15, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
Do you think gun violence in 2012 is as novel an issue as planes ramming into buildings was in 2001?

No I don't.  Yesterday was awful, and I have no good solution to prevent this from happening again.  However, if the government decides to take action, my hope is that they do so carefully and with caution.  The Patriot Act was reckless governing.