Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 493114 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #4400 on: February 15, 2018, 06:25:41 PM »
Diseased. Lol.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: February 15, 2018, 06:32:22 PM »
All gE aside, obviously being aware and alerting to potential dangerous situations can't hurt....trump just has a really bad way of expressing even what are sane thoughts at the wrong time and way.  Will alerting authorities stop all of these?  No.  Could it be abused?  Sure.

Just like sensible gun control laws....will it stop every murder?  No.  Could they be gotten around?  Sure....but shouldn't we try them?  Or are we just going to put it all on fortifying schools and others alerting authorities to potential threats?  Can't it be all of them?

Now can we explore your fortifying schools plan more and where we are going to get this money?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: February 15, 2018, 06:58:14 PM »
Does anyone here have an issue with any of this? Why do your elected officials?

1) must have a license and register all guns. this includes a license and registration fee paid annually. this money can be used to combat the "mental illness problem" we have instead of the "gun problem"   
2) some sort of legal ramifications if the guns you own and have registered are used in a crime
3) some sort of legal ramifications if you own a non registered gun
4) outlaw semi automatic assault rifles. nobody can be obtuse enough to argue that their AR-15 is a defense against a tyrannical government.

5) do away with all of the gun show/pawn shop/personal sale backdoors to gun ownership. all gun sales/purchases are registered and require the license noted above. you need a license and pay for registration for a car, you need a license and registration to own a gun.

obviously none of that's going to stop gun violence in our country, but it'll slow it and they're self funding preventative measures.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: February 15, 2018, 07:02:56 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: February 15, 2018, 07:53:13 PM »
look at andy richter politicizing this tragedy smdh too soon
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: February 15, 2018, 07:54:32 PM »
This probably goes in the mental health problem thread and not the gun problem thread but...

So many of these shooters turn out to be communist democrats, that I suspect they are doing these things to push for gun control so they can more easily take over the country.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article200294174.html

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: February 15, 2018, 07:55:29 PM »
All gE aside, obviously being aware and alerting to potential dangerous situations can't hurt....trump just has a really bad way of expressing even what are sane thoughts at the wrong time and way.  Will alerting authorities stop all of these?  No.  Could it be abused?  Sure.

Just like sensible gun control laws....will it stop every murder?  No.  Could they be gotten around?  Sure....but shouldn't we try them?  Or are we just going to put it all on fortifying schools and others alerting authorities to potential threats?  Can't it be all of them?

Now can we explore your fortifying schools plan more and where we are going to get this money?

I already explained where I would get the money, troll. You would rather use dead schoolkids to clammor for more spending instead of prioritizing how we use current funds. Whatever, continue with your blather.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: February 15, 2018, 08:05:38 PM »

I already explained where I would get the money, troll. You would rather use dead schoolkids to clammor for more spending instead of prioritizing how we use current funds. Whatever, continue with your blather.

It is your claim that every school budget has $300k in excess spending?

I actually am not clamoring for more spending...I'm trying to get your solution to work....I'd charge every gun owner a registration & licensing fee annually as well as fines for your gun being used for murder to help pay for the damage guns cause in our society, much like we do for cars.....but we can't move an inch on that so I'm trying to work with your solution.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: February 15, 2018, 08:08:34 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: February 15, 2018, 08:08:38 PM »
not if school gets out around 2:30 PM EST.
The high schools on my side of Florida start at 7:00 AM and get out at 2:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4410 on: February 15, 2018, 08:11:05 PM »
Ok. I think I read a report where he got dropped off by Uber at 2:19 and the first shots were reported at 2:22. So I guess that would make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: February 15, 2018, 08:14:04 PM »
The honest truth is not nearly enough people are dying every year to make anything change. We as a society are very much ok with ~ 40 kids a year dying from guns in exchange for owning firearms pretty much unrestricted.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: February 15, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »
The honest truth is not nearly enough people are dying every year to make anything change. We as a society are very much ok with ~ 40 kids a year dying from guns in exchange for owning firearms pretty much unrestricted.

yes, just a fact of life. It's seriously an insignificant number it's just kinda scary. Kinda like terrorism but worse and we do less about it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: February 15, 2018, 08:25:28 PM »
my 1.5 year old has practice at daycare to get in her "bunny hole" for active shooter drills

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: February 15, 2018, 08:26:34 PM »

yes, just a fact of life. It's seriously an insignificant number it's just kinda scary. Kinda like terrorism but worse and we do less about it.

8k gun related deaths but most of those are "thugs" and "drug dealers" so no reason to make any changes.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: February 15, 2018, 08:31:06 PM »
Doesn't the government have quite a history of doing things for absolutely no good reason?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: February 15, 2018, 08:35:05 PM »

we just need to stop putting them on the news so much.  there was actually a good interview on 1a this morning about how stupid humans are with stuff they see/here on the news.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: February 15, 2018, 08:44:41 PM »
I think it's a good thing for compassion to sometimes trump utility. We're not robots.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: February 15, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »

Other than obvious stuff like tighter gun regulations and restrictions, I really don’t think we should be doing anything. I wish we did less about terrorism.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: February 15, 2018, 09:10:22 PM »

Other than obvious stuff like tighter gun regulations and restrictions, I really don’t think we should be doing anything. I wish we did less about terrorism.
I agree we should do less about terrorism and a little more about guns

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: February 15, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »
Weird to me that people don't consider any form of mass execution to be terrorism. Kill 57 people and injure 500+ from a Vegas hotel window? Nope, not terrorism
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: February 15, 2018, 09:49:27 PM »
Weird to me that people don't consider any form of mass execution to be terrorism. Kill 57 people and injure 500+ from a Vegas hotel window? Nope, not terrorism

only brown people commit terrorism

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: February 15, 2018, 09:52:20 PM »
Good point, I forgot that everyone else is just mentally ill

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: February 15, 2018, 09:54:57 PM »
Posted in the political memes thread, but deserves to be immortalized here, too: