Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 492341 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #3350 on: October 02, 2015, 10:24:31 AM »
i mean, i have shot that gun and it was really exhilarating but still. why is that legal?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: October 02, 2015, 10:25:19 AM »
What's draconian in your book? Overall ban?

I think most of us realize a ban on guns in the US us too far gone.  You won't even find any semblance of a majority opinion about that among ProgLibs.

Well, unfortunately you don't control the robo-pen.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: October 02, 2015, 10:26:43 AM »
Dax, my translator isn't done yet
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: October 02, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »

Dax, why are you for tougher gun laws if they won't do anything?

I'm for laws that ban the sale of certain types of guns to only highly licensed and regulated individuals, I'm also for laws that ban the sale of high capacity magazines.   

I think those could help reduce the number of murders. I also think all firearms should only be sold to highly licensed individuals - that and more effective registration and punishment for legally purchased guns that end up in the wrong hands are really the only new regulations I would want.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: October 02, 2015, 10:30:07 AM »
Also stopping the war on drugs
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: October 02, 2015, 11:57:48 AM »
If they took all the effort they put towards busting hippies selling weed and focused it on stopping the distribution of assault rifles (and stopping crazy people from getting ANY gun)  we might actually prevent some of these shootings

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: October 02, 2015, 12:07:44 PM »
i mean, i have shot that gun and it was really exhilarating but still. why is that legal?

What about that gun makes you fear it more than a hand gun or other caliber rifle?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: October 02, 2015, 12:09:34 PM »

What about that gun makes you fear it more than a hand gun or other caliber rifle?

it holds like 30 giant bullets (rounds?) and you can shoot them all as fast as your finger can pull the trigger because it is semi automatic. also i didn't say this particular gun scares me more than any other gun, i said (for example).

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: October 02, 2015, 12:16:57 PM »

it holds like 30 giant bullets (rounds?) and you can shoot them all as fast as your finger can pull the trigger because it is semi automatic. also i didn't say this particular gun scares me more than any other gun, i said (for example).

Its a really small round relative to most rifle bullets and is not unique in its ability hold 30 rounds or semi auto.   Hand guns to me are the area to focus on.  I'd like to see those banned. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: October 02, 2015, 12:22:18 PM »
its not like a gun ban will result in more deaths. if deaths drop by > 10% i'm all for it. but <, don't change

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3360 on: October 02, 2015, 12:25:13 PM »

how does this gun hit your feelz?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: October 02, 2015, 12:26:14 PM »
its not like a gun ban will result in more deaths. if deaths drop by > 10% i'm all for it. but <, don't change

what is a "gun ban"? also how much did gun deaths drop in australia once they made guns much much harder to obtain?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: October 02, 2015, 12:30:17 PM »
regulations sap the fun from life.  i would not support additional regulation of firearms.  i would support reducing or eliminating existing regulation.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: October 02, 2015, 01:00:15 PM »
regulations sap the fun from life.  i would not support additional regulation of firearms.  i would support reducing or eliminating existing regulation.
Sys, you should move back to KS.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: October 02, 2015, 01:05:10 PM »
Oregon law enforcement is saying the shooter had 13 total weapons, all legally bought.  Why does anyone needs 13 weapons? 

For the pro gun people out there, what is the need for multiple guns?  Just fun to collect them?  Legitimate concern you will need to use them during the Russian invasion?  Hunters just like guns? 

Wanna be like this guy?

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: October 02, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
I own guns, but am not a fight for your right type of guy.  However, the reason for multiple guns, at least from a hunting perspective, is that different hunting takes different tools.

For example, you aren't blasting a pheasant out of the sky with a deer rifle.  That would lead to zero pheasants and a whole lot of stray bullets traveling a few miles and coming down god knows where.

If you are deer hunting, you don't want to be using a light shotgun.  There would be very few deer taken and a bunch walking around wounded as hell looking like a Bambi cross over of The Walking Dead.

If you hunt deer, elk, etc, some terrain requires a much longer shot, so you may need a different rifle that can carry a bullet accurately over a longer distance than what you may need in a heavily wooded area. 

There are reasons to have a few guns if you are a hunter.  There really isn't if you aren't. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: October 02, 2015, 01:10:14 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: October 02, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »
Oregon law enforcement is saying the shooter had 13 total weapons, all legally bought.  Why does anyone needs 13 weapons? 

when you get down to only allowing people to have what they need, there isn't much left for those people to live for anyways.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: October 02, 2015, 01:36:20 PM »
Sys, you should move back to KS.

no thanks, kansans are mostly nazis.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: October 02, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
I own guns, but am not a fight for your right type of guy.  However, the reason for multiple guns, at least from a hunting perspective, is that different hunting takes different tools.

For example, you aren't blasting a pheasant out of the sky with a deer rifle.  That would lead to zero pheasants and a whole lot of stray bullets traveling a few miles and coming down god knows where.

If you are deer hunting, you don't want to be using a light shotgun.  There would be very few deer taken and a bunch walking around wounded as hell looking like a Bambi cross over of The Walking Dead.

If you hunt deer, elk, etc, some terrain requires a much longer shot, so you may need a different rifle that can carry a bullet accurately over a longer distance than what you may need in a heavily wooded area. 

There are reasons to have a few guns if you are a hunter.  There really isn't if you aren't.

This response makes 100% sense.  I have no reason to ever argue this.  If I was an avid hunter, I'm sure I would also have multiple rifles and shotguns as well. 

The thing that I don't understand is people who find it necessary to have multiple handguns and semi-auto rifles.  I'm not saying it is wrong, I just don't understand it outside of collecting them for a hobby (and it sounds like plenty of people have this hobby).  It does bother me a bit that any random person can go out and buy a crap ton of handguns and it is not a big deal.  Cause again, you can really only shoot one at a time, and for sane people the other end of the gun is a paper target.     
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: October 02, 2015, 01:43:27 PM »
Someone busted out their AK in Topeka last night.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: October 02, 2015, 05:55:20 PM »

was it fun?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: October 02, 2015, 05:59:11 PM »

was it fun?

Gonna win 'em all!
I think 35 rounds were found. 2 dead? Maybe just 1? I'm not sure.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: October 02, 2015, 06:16:27 PM »
Oh snap. People died?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile