Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 482178 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #6375 on: December 03, 2021, 11:24:41 PM »
I imagine mental illness is a factor in the vast majority of these. I wouldn’t necessarily read that much into the parenting other than the fact that many left guns accesible for their crazy kids.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: December 04, 2021, 07:18:26 AM »
I imagine mental illness is a factor in the vast majority of these. I wouldn’t necessarily read that much into the parenting other than the fact that many left guns accesible for their crazy kids.
The gun availability piece is guilty enough to me. Wrack’em.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: December 04, 2021, 12:36:34 PM »
I'm hearing they both Crumbled within the first few minutes of questioning.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: December 04, 2021, 06:55:37 PM »
I'm hearing they both Crumbled within the first few minutes of questioning.

Weird.  Based on appearance and behavior alone, they look to be folks who could easily handle a seasoned detective with lots of electronic evidence.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: December 04, 2021, 06:59:41 PM »
If the flee to Canada but they couldn’t get in because anti vax thing is true it’s a pretty good summary of where we find ourself as a country unfortunately

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: December 05, 2021, 11:27:15 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/05/us/michigan-oxford-high-school-shooting-sunday/index.html

. When asked to take their child home for the rest of the day, Throne said the student’s parents “flatly refused,” leaving their son behind to “return to work.” And because the student had no prior disciplinary actions on his record, school counselors decided to allow him to return to his class, rather than send him to what they thought would be an empty home, Throne explained. 

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: December 05, 2021, 11:31:49 PM »
Same link..

.  Then on Tuesday -- the day of the shooting -- a teacher alerted school counselors and the Dean of students to "concerning drawings and written statements" that the student had created, according to the letter. He was "immediately removed from the classroom" and taken to a guidance counselor's office, Throne explains.
The student told a school counselor that "the drawing was part of a video game he was designing and informed counselors that he planned to pursue video game design as a career," Throne said.
Following that discussion, the student stayed in the office for an hour and half as school staff called his parents and waited for them to arrive to the school, the letter noted. While waiting the student said he was concerned about missing his homework assignments and "requested his science homework, which he then worked on while in the office," the letter said.
"At no time did counselors believe the student might harm others based on his behavior, responses and demeanor, which Then on Tuesday -- the day of the shooting -- a teacher alerted school counselors and the Dean of students to "concerning drawings and written statements" that the student had created, according to the letter. He was "immediately removed from the classroom" and taken to a guidance counselor's office, Throne explains.
The student told a school counselor that "the drawing was part of a video game he was designing and informed counselors that he planned to pursue video game design as a career," Throne said.
Following that discussion, the student stayed in the office for an hour and half as school staff called his parents and waited for them to arrive to the school, the letter noted. While waiting the student said he was concerned about missing his homework assignments and "requested his science homework, which he then worked on while in the office," the letter said.
 “At no time did counselors believe the student might harm others based on his behavior, responses and demeanor, which appeared calm," Throne said. calm," Throne said.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: December 06, 2021, 12:29:05 PM »
shotgun is almost nothing, handgun and AR crap loads.

guns are unlike cars in that most of the time when they're used to kill people, it is intentional.  so i suspect that if different types of guns were treated significantly differently, people wishing to use them to kill people would switch to the type favored by law, even if it was not the best tool for killing people available to them.
Well…..good?

i'm just saying that making some types of gun prohibitively expensive while not making all other guns so expensive that "normal" gunowners get super mad is probably even harder than just outlawing a few types of guns.
I’m good with either. Probably need to try something at some point imo.
TBH if we wouldn't do anything after Sandy Hook we never will.

Yup, been thinking/saying that for years. When you slaughter a bunch of young kids and the reflexive response is crisis actors and arm teachers the plot is lost and nothing is ever going to happen
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: December 06, 2021, 03:45:51 PM »
shotgun is almost nothing, handgun and AR crap loads.

guns are unlike cars in that most of the time when they're used to kill people, it is intentional.  so i suspect that if different types of guns were treated significantly differently, people wishing to use them to kill people would switch to the type favored by law, even if it was not the best tool for killing people available to them.
Well…..good?

i'm just saying that making some types of gun prohibitively expensive while not making all other guns so expensive that "normal" gunowners get super mad is probably even harder than just outlawing a few types of guns.
I’m good with either. Probably need to try something at some point imo.
TBH if we wouldn't do anything after Sandy Hook we never will.

Yup, been thinking/saying that for years. When you slaughter a bunch of young kids and the reflexive response is crisis actors and arm teachers the plot is lost and nothing is ever going to happen

Unfortunately, this is what MAGA politics have done to the whole system.  Everything. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: December 07, 2021, 01:45:22 PM »
everything is a culture war

and culture wars cannot be lost

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: December 11, 2021, 10:29:47 PM »
 :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: January 12, 2022, 07:15:45 PM »
^at the arraignment, everyone who has a lawyer pleads not guilty as far as i know

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6390 on: January 12, 2022, 07:47:48 PM »
Weird. I thought most of them plead quilty to avoid the death penalty for some reason.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: January 12, 2022, 07:51:07 PM »
Weird. I thought most of them plead quilty to avoid the death penalty for some reason.
Not at the arraignment. The plea bargaining doesn’t begin until after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Online Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: March 04, 2022, 12:02:27 PM »
I have kids in the district (but not at that school) and the building is secure. They are in the process of getting students to families. Unknown at that point about the status of two school staff who were shot. Suspect is in custody.

Many of the other schools in the district went on lockdown for a while (could have been all of them - not sure).

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: March 04, 2022, 12:08:15 PM »
No bueno

Online Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: March 04, 2022, 12:41:48 PM »
Apparently, the shooter was a student. Thankfully, the two staff members are in stable condition and expected to survive.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: March 04, 2022, 01:44:33 PM »
I was surprise reader at my 2nd graders school (blue valley) and it was a tense atmosphere.  To think of anyone shooting my little kids is just mumped up.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: March 04, 2022, 02:14:36 PM »
sounds like staff should be ok, but haven't been much update on the shooter.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 02:51:13 PM by Cire »

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: March 05, 2022, 01:00:39 PM »
sounds like staff should be ok, but haven't been much update on the shooter.
https://fox4kc.com/news/olathe-east-hs-shooting-suspect-arrested/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile