Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 502744 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #4500 on: February 16, 2018, 12:05:44 PM »
the rural/urban divide on guns is perfectly logical.  for rural person, a gun is a tool useful in a wide variety of situations and if nothing else can contribute peace of mind to people for whom a call to law enforcement might result in a hour wait for a response.  they infrequently come into contact with with any stranger that might harm them with a gun.  basically all positives, no negatives.

for an urban person, they live in a situation where there is virtually no lawful use for a gun and they daily come into contact with thousands of strangers, any of whom might harm them with a gun, if so inclined.  basically all negatives, no positives.

grew up 5 miles from a town of 100 people

never owned a gun, never needed one

:th_twocents:

not saying someone else shouldn't either

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: February 16, 2018, 12:10:04 PM »
thanks for asking. owning my AR is great because it makes me incredibly powerful and a big tough man. knowing that I can unload like 45 rounds in a matter of seconds is boner city and I also require it to hunt quail to feed my family. shall not be infringed.

You don't think you could get into building and riding really loud vroom-vroom motorcycles or becoming a big truck guy, like borderline monster truck, and cruising around?  That wouldn't scratch the itch?

getting a snakey "don't tread on me" license plate might fill this void

You're in luck!!
http://fox4kc.com/2018/02/16/kansas-lawmakers-consider-dont-tread-on-me-license-plates/

WICHITA, Kan. — Drivers would be able to choose a “Don’t Tread on Me” license plate under proposed legislation.

The Wichita Eagle reports that the state would model the plates after the Gadsden flag, which features a yellow background and hissing snake. It dates back to the Revolutionary War.

Republican Rep. Blake Carpenter, of Derby, is among the more than 30 sponsors. The flag has been popularized in recent years by the Tea Party movement, although Carpenter says it’s not intended to be associated with the political movement.

Carpenter says he finds the “historical context” appealing. American colonists liked the rattlesnake, which symbolized their willingness to strike back if provoked. Several states have their own version of the plates.

Kansas lawmakers also are seeking “Choose Life” and Special Olympics plates.
note: luked the Kansas thread

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: February 16, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »
thanks for asking. owning my AR is great because it makes me incredibly powerful and a big tough man. knowing that I can unload like 45 rounds in a matter of seconds is boner city and I also require it to hunt quail to feed my family. shall not be infringed.

You don't think you could get into building and riding really loud vroom-vroom motorcycles or becoming a big truck guy, like borderline monster truck, and cruising around?  That wouldn't scratch the itch?

I do have my eyes on a set of jumbo truck nuts that would look great dangling off the back of my dodge

Now we’re talking! I know it might feel weird initially when you don’t have your AR, but there’s so many other fun things to dive into. I say get the mammoth nut(s)!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: February 16, 2018, 12:12:44 PM »
the rural/urban divide on guns is perfectly logical.  for rural person, a gun is a tool useful in a wide variety of situations and if nothing else can contribute peace of mind to people for whom a call to law enforcement might result in a hour wait for a response.  they infrequently come into contact with with any stranger that might harm them with a gun.  basically all positives, no negatives.

for an urban person, they live in a situation where there is virtually no lawful use for a gun and they daily come into contact with thousands of strangers, any of whom might harm them with a gun, if so inclined.  basically all negatives, no positives.
Agreed it's logical. I still can't understand how those who want a gun in their home for whatever really think they are going to walk around with one and have a legit chance of fighting off that rare attacker without blowing their own nuts off.

I've seen cops with decades of years in training make mistakes....any rookie Dirty Harry is going to make a bigger mess of things when they pull out their Widowmaker from their gut.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: February 16, 2018, 12:15:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/AndyRichter/status/963954283375943683

i don't like these graphics when they poach just the good countries. i want to see a graph of ALL the countries so we can see which absolute trash ones we are similar to

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: February 16, 2018, 12:24:16 PM »
Make America third world again

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: February 16, 2018, 12:28:49 PM »
Switzerland has to be mortified right now, they are basically a killing field.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: February 16, 2018, 12:38:58 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: February 16, 2018, 12:39:58 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: February 16, 2018, 12:42:50 PM »
We don’t have a gun problem we have an FBI problem.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: February 16, 2018, 12:48:58 PM »

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: February 16, 2018, 12:51:29 PM »
We don’t have a gun problem we have an FBI problem.

I'm gonna go with both.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/964554901287092224

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: February 16, 2018, 12:57:12 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: February 16, 2018, 01:13:41 PM »
it's amazing
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: February 16, 2018, 01:29:25 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: February 16, 2018, 01:46:40 PM »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: February 16, 2018, 01:58:57 PM »

getting a snakey "don't tread on me" license plate might fill this void
Potato gun? Fireworks?
Corvette
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: February 16, 2018, 02:08:06 PM »
It's natural for all species to protect themselves with the best means possible. 

We supposedly have knowledge and wisdom as tools to guide us.  Be it lessons from the founding fathers, Jews during Nazi Occupation, to the latest videos showing law abiding citizens thwarting criminals.

I grew up with guns.  I attended HS in a suburban community where just about every family had guns.  We were taught to respect guns like we would any piece of equipment, tractor, livestock etc. 

I also enjoy history.  Have been lucky enough to fire or observe several weapons from WW1 through WW2.  The engineering is fascinating.  The craftmanship is remarkable.

Many of you are still blaming the spoon for making people fat.

T-Y.  You like having guns because of 1) security, 2) tradition and 3) history/collecting.  Anything else?  How would you weigh those values?

I like guns because of 2 and 3. 

Point 1 is more about culture. 
I was blessed to have strong role models growing up.  You were expected to be personally responsible and help others.  The people I tend to admire/emulate have sacrificed in some capacity to make the world better. 

Responsible ownership/handling of firearms has been ingrained in me from cub scouts, through military service, to present day.  I am not mentally wired with the desire/fascination to hurt others.  The people I shoot with share those values. 

I've had friends that have killed themselves with guns, cars, and drugs.  I don't blame the method they used, I blame their choice. 

Giving up my right/responsibility to defend myself and others is a non starter.   

You should get rid of your guns and collect historical artifacts that relate to your family lineage.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: February 16, 2018, 02:14:01 PM »

I was blessed to have strong role models growing up.  You were expected to be personally responsible and help others.  The people I tend to admire/emulate have sacrificed in some capacity to make the world better. 

Responsible ownership/handling of firearms has been ingrained in me from cub scouts, through military service, to present day.  I am not mentally wired with the desire/fascination to hurt others.  The people I shoot with share those values. 

I've had friends that have killed themselves with guns, cars, and drugs.  I don't blame the method they used, I blame their choice. 

:lol:

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: February 16, 2018, 02:16:01 PM »
It's natural for all species to protect themselves with the best means possible. 

We supposedly have knowledge and wisdom as tools to guide us.  Be it lessons from the founding fathers, Jews during Nazi Occupation, to the latest videos showing law abiding citizens thwarting criminals.

I grew up with guns.  I attended HS in a suburban community where just about every family had guns.  We were taught to respect guns like we would any piece of equipment, tractor, livestock etc. 

I also enjoy history.  Have been lucky enough to fire or observe several weapons from WW1 through WW2.  The engineering is fascinating.  The craftmanship is remarkable.

Many of you are still blaming the spoon for making people fat.

T-Y.  You like having guns because of 1) security, 2) tradition and 3) history/collecting.  Anything else?  How would you weigh those values?

no one has ever proposed taking your hunting rifle and shotgun

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: February 16, 2018, 02:17:08 PM »
I have two AR-15's. I have them because I grew up shooting guns and like to shoot guns at paper. They are a sports car of the gun world that serves no purpose in the home defense or hunting world. They are currently legal so I own them. If there was legislation being suggested to outlaw them I would not protest against that. Should they become illegal I would willingly turn them in as long as I am reimbursed financially (IE tax credits or straight cash homie).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: February 16, 2018, 02:20:35 PM »
If you ever catch a situation on tv and someone throws a McIntyre plaid kilt at the perpetrator; know it was me following your advice.
 :)

You’d narrowed your penchant for guns to tradition and history/collecting. :dunno:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: February 16, 2018, 02:42:52 PM »
It's time

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/964571930429935617

I can't imagine feeling good about dropping my daughter off at Kindergarten and her teacher is packing. Good grief.