Author Topic: Manti Te'o........WTF??  (Read 89578 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #350 on: January 17, 2013, 10:47:54 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 17, 2013, 10:47:58 AM »
Why couldn't this happen to that piece of trash Manziel?

That dude will end up in jail shortly. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 17, 2013, 10:48:03 AM »

he may be a douchebag, but he at least bones real chicks.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 17, 2013, 10:48:26 AM »
given all the facts that we know right now, i'm inclined to believe that Te'o is super naive.  He was hoaxed by someone and it went way too far, so the fake girlfriend was killed off to end it. 

I completely believe that he would have made up stories of meeting her to avoid the awkwardness of a bigtime football player having an internet girlfriend.

Either way, this story is fantastic and I don't want it to end.  Now there's a football player for the Cardinals that says he met the girl before Manti was in the picture?  These twists are great.

The problem is he lied, his life was revealed, and he continued the l lie. He has zero credibility. He knew what he was doing.

Exactly, no matter how this whole thing turns out he is and always will be a big liar

So best case scenario is that he lied initially about having met and spoke to her so he didn't look like some huge loser pud for having a twitter/facebook only girfriend.  Except he really played it up by saying that he talked on the phone with her for eight hours a day for four months leading up to her death.  That goes well beyond not wanting to look like a dork into blatant lies to benefit his Heisman campaign.  Then he found out it was fake and still continued to lie about until Deadspin exposed it all. 

There is no "I'm a complete victim here" way out of it.  The great thing is that it appears that both he and ND are going to go for it anyway. 

It reminds me a lot of last night's episode of "Guys with Kids" where Anthony Anderson (Big 12 voiceover stud) forgot his wife's anniversary but then got reminded by his bro it was his anniversary but he realized his wife forgot too so he decided he would make an amazing anniversary night to make his wife feel bad. Then he got caught in his lie and hilarity ensued.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 17, 2013, 10:49:40 AM »
given all the facts that we know right now, i'm inclined to believe that Te'o is super naive.  He was hoaxed by someone and it went way too far, so the fake girlfriend was killed off to end it. 

I completely believe that he would have made up stories of meeting her to avoid the awkwardness of a bigtime football player having an internet girlfriend.

Either way, this story is fantastic and I don't want it to end.  Now there's a football player for the Cardinals that says he met the girl before Manti was in the picture?  These twists are great.

If this is all true, why is the university so deeply involved in this. Seem to me they have more interests in this to protect other than Te'o's image.
RIP Fatty

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »

It brings up an interesting question - is it worse to lie about someone that never existed for publicity, or to get in fights because you're a racist loser? I almost think fighting people and being racist is worse.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 17, 2013, 10:53:09 AM »

The problem is he lied, his life was revealed, and he continued the l lie. He has zero credibility. He knew what he was doing.

Exactly, no matter how this whole thing turns out he is and always will be a big liar

So best case scenario is that he lied initially about having met and spoke to her so he didn't look like some huge loser pud for having a twitter/facebook only girfriend.  Except he really played it up by saying that he talked on the phone with her for eight hours a day for four months leading up to her death.  That goes well beyond not wanting to look like a dork into blatant lies to benefit his Heisman campaign.  Then he found out it was fake and still continued to lie about until Deadspin exposed it all. 

There is no "I'm a complete victim here" way out of it.  The great thing is that it appears that both he and ND are going to go for it anyway. 

It reminds me a lot of last night's episode of "Guys with Kids" where Anthony Anderson (Big 12 voiceover stud) forgot his wife's anniversary but then got reminded by his bro it was his anniversary but he realized his wife forgot too so he decided he would make an amazing anniversary night to make his wife feel bad. Then he got caught in his lie and hilarity ensued.

wait what?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2013, 10:54:17 AM »
it's interesting now to see that there are reports that his teammates thought it was all fake from the beginning.

:eek:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2013, 10:55:08 AM »

wait what?

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=204778567

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 17, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »
At the beginning I couldn't see any way that he didn't know about it, but the tweet records from @justinrmegahan have flipped me.  The interesting part will be piecing together how much he embellished things for attention and how much coverup was happening during the last month.

The only thing that gets me is that if you date someone online you talk on the phone (as admitted by Manti) or you skype. At the very least you're sending pictures back and forth of dongs and hoots and stuff. How would Tuiasosopa pull that off? Or better question, could you date for that many months without questioning why you haven't done it yet?

edit: If you're a mormon, then yes you probably can

I'm just now catching up on this thread at work but the phrase "Dongs and hoots and stuff" made me lol.  That would make a good name for a forum.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 17, 2013, 10:56:20 AM »

If this is all true, why is the university so deeply involved in this. Seem to me they have more interests in this to protect other than Te'o's image.

Yes, they moved very, very quickly...much more so than a school that doesn't think it needs to prove anything.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 17, 2013, 10:56:40 AM »
http://ht.ly/gTRbi

So he's bangin the bitches in South Bend the whole time, what a loser

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 17, 2013, 10:56:46 AM »

big lead has done a nice job picking up where deadspin left off.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 17, 2013, 10:58:37 AM »
he HAS to have some sort of press conference today, right? 

Also, the twitter account of the fake girlfriend said that there will be some answers at noon PST.  So this afternoon is going to be fantastic.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
Who hired the independent investigative firm? Seems like that would be an impermissible benefit for a student athlete. What had been done against the University? If a player had their identity stolen, would the university pay to investigate?
Sorry for the bump of my own crap, but does nobody think this could play out as impermissible benefit for a student athlete? At least tell me I'm full of crap or something, because I am being serious.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 17, 2013, 11:02:08 AM »
 :horrorsurprise:

L K ?@LennayKay

I will be releasing a statement, via twitter, between 11am and noon today.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 17, 2013, 11:03:50 AM »
 :surprised: :confused: :lol: :popcorn: :users:  :dunno: :lol: :confused: :lol: :popcorn: :lol: :users:  :popcorn:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 17, 2013, 11:04:48 AM »

big lead has done a nice job picking up where deadspin left off.

That story seems a little more likely to me. Whitlock said on twitter that the locker room usually knows.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 17, 2013, 11:05:12 AM »
Who hired the independent investigative firm? Seems like that would be an impermissible benefit for a student athlete. What had been done against the University? If a player had their identity stolen, would the university pay to investigate?
Sorry for the bump of my own crap, but does nobody think this could play out as impermissible benefit for a student athlete? At least tell me I'm full of crap or something, because I am being serious.

PI was for the University's benefit to protect there own interests. They can make it sound like they did it for Te'o but if the NCAA comes and asked it would not be that hard to say that since Te'o was a visible part of their program that they need to protect themselves. It's bull crap about the PI but that's what they can say.
RIP Fatty

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 17, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
PR decision.....Manti has 2 hours until this fake girlfriend issues a statement on twitter....does he have a  press conference before or after?  I say before, totally steal his fake girlfriend's thunder.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 17, 2013, 11:10:41 AM »
PR decision.....Manti has 2 hours until this fake girlfriend issues a statement on twitter....does he have a  press conference before or after?  I say before, totally steal his fake girlfriend's thunder.

Bet the statement is in line with ND's press statement yesterday. If it is not, hold on to your butts. ND is not handling this whole thing well right now.
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 17, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
Hunger Games spoiler

Te'o is just playing a real life game of "Real or Fake". Hope he does not flip out.
RIP Fatty

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 17, 2013, 11:16:34 AM »
L K ?@LennayKay

In this fall, this is very tough, in this fall I'm going to take my talents to South Beach.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile