Author Topic: Manti Te'o........WTF??  (Read 89568 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2013, 07:51:18 PM »
It's hard not to believe his story...

Because he looks like a respect who might fall for that kind of crap.  Either way ND needs to step up the jersey chasers.

I think you're overlooking some things.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2013, 07:54:54 PM »
Notre Dame's position on this is that a group of people spent the last three or four years creating a fake online/phone identity to scam a football player no one outside of South Bend had heard about until last fall. Sounds legit.

Yep. The press conference from the very beginning was a giant charade of hoaxes and victims. I'm now firmly in the camp that this d00d knew, at least for a long time.

Also...LOL @ the whole "Totally, we learned about this on December 26th and we were gonna come out with it and tell the media all about it, but totally we just wanted to let the private investigators run through everything first. Oh and we suspect these guys were just trying to extort him."

WUT.

Extortion? We were going to come out with it?  Lol, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2013, 08:11:13 PM »
so was this his way of avoiding being outed as gay or as sinister as making it up to garner public attention?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline qatzmanchu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2013, 08:14:19 PM »
Conspiracy theory:
ND has a contract with NBC
Swashbuckle says they hired a private eye with internet scam expertise
Chris Hanson works for NBC
Chris Hanson is a private eye with internet scam expertise

Does anyone think there might be a vidro tape of Chris asking Manti to please sit down at the kitchen counter?

Offline ibleedEMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »
Those weren't missed tackles in the championship game, he was just hugging his girlfriend.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »
 :bill:

Went through an 9 page thread....

Starts from around 4 central today

Look in the comments of the article. Something to do with Hawaiian names. She used a last name different from that listed by the gov't.

I remember the night she died, I saw a link to her Twitter account. It talked about her time at the hospital, being allowed to go home, thanking her docs, etc. Unless someone went to Truman Show lengths to fabricate this, then there's something seriously wrong with the article.

I don't understand why anyone would make up their GF died....especially put it all over national news papers......I'm gonna say that this hoax is a myth til further notice

When did Deadspin, a Gawker property, start being a highly respected source?

When Yahoo Sports reports on this, I'm going to really sit up and take notice.

You're kidding right? If this is true, we paraded around a fake dead girl for 4 months. The face of our program turns out to be a complete liar. You're aware 60% of GameDay signs next year are going to reference this right?

If this is true, it's devastating and a huge black eye to our program.

oh, so gameday signs are going to be the demise of our football program? gotcha, i thought you actually had some meaningful theory to provide...

the death of declan was a bigger blackeye then manti trolling for four months and we seemed to have *survived* that just fine..

I refuse to believe this....Until this has been 100% confirmed, I am behind Te'o

When I was a young man, I had a relationship over the phone with a girl I had never met. We got way too serious and started talking about getting married. She had someone call me and tell me she had died. I was torn to pieces, but luckily I had a friend who called the hospitals and the police and none of her story checked out. In fact her name was fake and she was using her friends identity.

Long story short. People who think they are anonymous can do some f'd up things and young men can be pretty gullible.
  WFT????

Like I said, didn't Manti talk about talking on the phone with her all the time? This doesn't sound right to me.

Makes you wonder why such a famous and liked guy would feel the need to have a relationship with a person he has never met. I am sure there were plenty of beautiful women on campus that would have killed to be his girlfriend. It all seems very fishy.

Here's my theory:

the perps played a joke on Manti and had someone interact with him online....

It was starting to get serious as they would have a girl talk to him on the phone or online.

It was starting to get REALLY serious where Manti started to fall in love with the girl, so they had to end it, and the only way to do it would be to kill her off. like a character in a sitcom

This is total bullshit.
Ask yourself one question: What did Manti and Notre Dame have to gain from this? Really.

It all makes sense. Fraud happens, and it happened to Manti and his family in an online relationship.

You tell me Notre Dame will have high academic standards but then lie about this story for what?

I've had something similar happen to me. We weren't dating but I talked to her on the phone for a couple of weeks then one day she revealed she wasn't who she said she was. Given how devout Manti is I doubt he was looking for sex. He probably started talking to her and actually really liked her personality.

He didn't know her long if I recall correctly. Football would have kept him away from the island. Pretty easy to pull this off.

OMG!!!

im so sick!!!

My phone has exploded...I know that doesnt really matter but holy crap!

Im a nut that googled her and only found 1 picture earlier in the season and just didnt think about it (she was hot btw)...

During the MSU game Musberger ONLY referred to her as "a friend"...

This is bad...real bad...like No Santa Clause and Easter Bunny bad...I'm a 40 year old man who has told his 6 year old and 7 year old about how GREAT Manti is...

WTF

I'm sick

This is what I think/hope happened. Religion plays n important part in Manti's life and when he found someone that he thought shared the same values, he was duped. More details need to be explained like how they met, did they talk nightly, why the story is coming out now instead of months ago, why didnt Manti or ND release a statement to preempt this story before it came out, etc. it's good they released a statement but I will wait patiently for more on this story

I'll admit i met a girl online onçe, long time ago before dating sites, we shared emails, some calls, even pics (real?) exchanged, but she never would meet, always had an excuse.

The whole thing took a few months before i decided it was a waste of time

Never called her my GF though

crap like this can happen , i'm surprised it can happen to these young internet savvy kids though

1/2 Of all notre dame tucks have been catfished

Okay, I understand this happens all the time and I've seen the Movie Catfish and the TV show that spun off. So, the story doesn't shock me.

I think you can fake a girls voice on the phone pretty easy. So, that I can buy.

What bothers me about this or what doesn't add up is that Manti is quoted as supposedly meeting her more than once. So, did this perpetrator hire a girl in those instances? Did he just say he'd met her to validate what appears to be an "internet girlfriend" to the media?

Something is not adding up here.

Back in the early days of the internet, I met someone online. We talked for a year.

She turned out to be real...and huge. Like 275 pounds huge when we finally met...

I wish she was a hoax...

Fanning?!?

So who did Manti give his Michigan game ball to?

Get your blinders off...Manti was in on this along with the others. No way he online dates for months and gets that emotional over the alleged death without seeing or being with a woman. Just disgusting. Unreal.

Why couldn't Manti be a victim of a hoax that maybe just got carried away before he found it? What I mean is that he had an online relationship with "someone", he began to care for her, but then the pranksters decided to kill this "someone". Then once the media found out about it, maybe Manti began to embellish a little on how close they were. In his mind, he wasn't lying, because he believed she was real, but maybe the "close friend" as she was first described, turned into his "girlfriend" because that is how the media wanted to portray her, and then it just became a runaway train.

I will reserve judgement for now, because I want to believe that Manti is the outstanding young man that inspired the Irish to have a special season. Until I hear more, I just can't believe he is guilty of anything more than being nieve and trusting. I must admit though, there is no way he comes out looking good. Either he was involved and is a con man or he is nieve and guilty of lying about certain details, such as meeting her and locking eyes with her at Stanford, but still a victim. He is in a no win situation unfortunately.

Incredibly bummed and confused. If this ends up shedding light that Manti is a fraud and a liar I won't know what to think anymore. I supported this dude so much. I just hope this isn't true...

Hopefully this doesn't effect our recruiting but that's probably wishful thinking. I've been really positive since the title game loss with the drama in the offseason, but if we take a hit here on this Manti story it will be hard to remove myself from the ledge.

Seth Meyers (@sethmeyers21)
1/16/13, 17:28
"These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead."

How can you be a student , never mind a student-ATHLETE and spend all night talking? Is he delusional? Was he unconsciously creating a fantasy land?

None of this is good, makes him look either naive, unstable, a closeted homosexual, or worst case a liar/ con man

Quote:
Originally Posted by moostache 
His senior season is stained with scandal and a blowout loss in which he played the worst game since he was a freshman; but unless real admissions and evidence come to light of him actively participating in the scam, I maintain that its none of my business and wish him well in the future.
Exactly. I don't see why so many people are so quick to pin this all on him. He's a kid. Not only that, he's Mormon. The Mormons I've known throughout my life have tended to be on the naive side. Would it be stupid to not fully vet a girl he's been

From what ESPN is saying, it looks like Teo is a part of this. All kinds of details are coming out about their "relationship". Either he was duped initially and played along with this out of embarrassment or he was in on it from the beginning. And this is only beginning...

...sorry to be the bearer...if anyone could be called my hero it would be Manti, but you still must be objective in this.

Oh, and ND is probably stepping on their @#$% as well in this...

Tide2012 
Domer Domain Walk-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finegan 
I don't know how anyone can say this makes the University look bad. This should not reflect on the University, the Staff OR the Catholic Church!!
     The University put him out there as an ambassador, on ESPN , in SI and everywhere....and the University chose to play the hush up game since the 26th, you                            can't use the young man for that when it is convenient, and not expect to pay the price when it's not convenient.....I'll go back to my trailer now....

Originally Posted by Dick Pinto 
If I thought ND was in the wrong, I'd say it. However, I really don't think that it was that despicable to wait until after the story broke to address this. They were on the verge of one of the biggest games in their history. If ND considered Te'o to be the victim in this case (which seems to be what they believe at this point), why would they go public with this story? I realize that there is probably much to this story that has not yet been revealed but at this point it doesn't seem to me that they did anything that can be construed as morally objectionable. I may eat my words down the road but FWIW that's what I think at this point.
doing an investigation. why alert everyone to it, including the potential criminals who took part in it.

also, swarbrick brings up student privacy. just like injuries, don't think UND can just come out and release this without Manti's permission

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2013, 08:30:42 PM »
eerily similar to joe pa and penn state, they are going down with the ship
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2013, 08:42:53 PM »
Those weren't missed tackles in the championship game, he was just hugging his girlfriend.

Take some time off, come back with a new screen name, come back with a new first post.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2013, 08:46:25 PM »

Take some time off, come back with a new screen name, come back with a new first post.

I liked it

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2013, 08:50:06 PM »

i thought it was pretty good.  probably better than any skinnybenny post ever

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2013, 08:52:04 PM »
Here's a great thread

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/leprechaun-lounge/84692-lennay-kekua-possible-hoax.html

Lots of Mormon bashing, prayers that she actually did exist/die for ND's reputation's sake, "ND's morals are what separates us from everyone else"... you get the picture.

138 pages already, they are good

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2013, 08:57:10 PM »
Oh man.

Imagine if we had played them

And OKcat started the thread trashing his dead GF

And it got on the news and Animal had to apologize and condemn gE.c

And then this happened.

It is such an amazing world.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2013, 08:57:30 PM »

It was slightly better when 'meister posted it on twitter 5 hours ago
:adios:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »
I was worried it wasn't original. Now I'm worried meister just burned a sock.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »
ESPN 30 for 30

No Dame

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2013, 08:59:22 PM »

I liked it

Take some time off, come back with a new screen name, come back with a better 3974th post.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2013, 09:00:06 PM »
eerily similar to joe pa and penn state, they are going down with the ship
Yes, I think the zombie penalty would fit this situation nicely. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2013, 09:01:19 PM »
Do you guys think you could be tricked like that? I don't think I could be tricked like that.

He's a liar or stupid, probably both.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2013, 09:02:36 PM »
ABC just announced that they signed Manti for a new sitcom spin-off airing next fall called 5 Simple Rules for Dating My Made-Up Daughter.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2013, 09:02:52 PM »

Seth Meyers (@sethmeyers21)
    1/16/13, 17:28
    "These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead."

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2013, 09:04:51 PM »
  :D

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »
Manti: No totally, I talked to her on the phone all the time!

Show us phone records. This story is super duper made up.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2013, 09:11:56 PM »
I'm starting to get behind the theory that the guy who made the twitter account is actually in a relationship with Manti.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Manti Te'o........WTF??
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2013, 09:13:59 PM »
I'm starting to get behind the theory that the guy who made the twitter account is actually in a relationship with Manti.

It's a very mumped up deal, and I know a thing or two about very mumped up deals.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2013, 09:15:37 PM »

It was slightly better when 'meister posted it on twitter 5 hours ago

precisely why it was so terrible, so some of you can gfy