Author Topic: Insidery info from early 90s  (Read 29956 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: Insidery info from early 90s
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »
is he still in mhk? I spotted him not too long ago, but used to see him all the time.

yes, he and I work for the same company.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2014, 04:08:46 PM »
is he still in mhk? I spotted him not too long ago, but used to see him all the time.

yes, he and I work for the same company.

:D

Offline the angry young man

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2014, 04:13:02 PM »
look at nitrocat's first post, then look at yours.  you are not in the right place, but that's okay.

How is it not the right place?  I'm looking for insidery info from the 90's.  Should I start a new thread for the late 90's as opposed to the early 90's?  My brother (who was a walk-on for the last year of Parrish and the first two of Snyder) was the one who suggested it to me, and it's always kinda made sense.  If K-State won the National Championship that year things may not have been so good for OU when they first got there.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
alsana alsana (sp?) loved to play drinking games

Moses Manu could really party.

Heroes.
:adios:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2014, 04:20:55 PM »
look at nitrocat's first post, then look at yours.  you are not in the right place, but that's okay.

How is it not the right place?  I'm looking for insidery info from the 90's.  Should I start a new thread for the late 90's as opposed to the early 90's?  My brother (who was a walk-on for the last year of Parrish and the first two of Snyder) was the one who suggested it to me, and it's always kinda made sense.  If K-State won the National Championship that year things may not have been so good for OU when they first got there.
holy crap, why would any coach not want to win crystal ball?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2014, 04:54:25 PM »

holy crap, why would any coach not want to win crystal ball?

i agree with slim that this conspiracy theory smell tests positive for stinkiness

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2014, 04:58:50 PM »
Maybe the assistants were smoking drugs. :dunno:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2014, 05:00:41 PM »

the loss in 1998 was a clerical error.

CASE CLOSED

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2014, 05:01:01 PM »

My friend has tapes of the coaches' headsets during the game. Its got static so its tough to say for certain, but it sounds like Hudson called a 48 Fumble on Bishop's fumble.  It could be 48 Rumble but we know better, right angry young man?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2014, 05:01:57 PM »
its extremely unlikely an intentional fumble play would be named fumble

it would be in code

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2014, 05:04:23 PM »
Didn't Cattmatt make a video explaining exactly how that fumble happened? I think it was BCS aliens or something. I don't really remember, but it seemed rock solid.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2014, 07:53:29 AM »
Didn't Cattmatt make a video explaining exactly how that fumble happened? I think it was BCS aliens or something. I don't really remember, but it seemed rock solid.

If I recall it was a personal sized EMP blast.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:57:55 AM by dmartin »

Offline Nature Boy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2014, 01:37:25 PM »
Heard from a team manager from 98-03 that at half time of the Iowa State game when we were down 28-7, he just walked in the locker room and said nothing. The entire locker room sat silent for 15 minutes. Then, right before they took the field, he said "don't disapoint me".

Kinda contradicts the yelling, cursing, throwing stuff stories though...
Can confirm from a co-worker and former player that little was said, but he also threatened to pull scholarships if they didn't come back to win.  Also did this against OSU that same year, per player's recollection.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2014, 01:40:21 PM »
definite case of synthetic marijuana   
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »
Heard from a team manager from 98-03 that at half time of the Iowa State game when we were down 28-7, he just walked in the locker room and said nothing. The entire locker room sat silent for 15 minutes. Then, right before they took the field, he said "don't disapoint me".

Can confirm from a co-worker and former player that little was said, but he also threatened to pull scholarships if they didn't come back to win.  Also did this against OSU that same year, per player's recollection.
WOO!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »

my boss who is a former player told me he did not recall such a thing.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline nitrocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2014, 04:35:19 PM »
He never challenged me to wrestle, so no.

Did Ron P. grab your balls too after challenging you to wrestle?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2014, 05:56:23 PM »
Hey, guys, I've been lurking a bit and decided to share a little story.  It's not from the 90s, but it's a slightly humorous story about Coach Snyder.

In the locker room after a meeting one day Courtney Herndon was talking about Coach Snyder and called him Bill. Coach Snyder happened to walk up right behind him as he was saying it, and asked in a very stern Coach Snyder voice "which direction do you want to run, Courtney?" Courtney was all :horrorsurprise: and asked him what he meant. Snyder told him to put his workout clothes on and meet him outside. We were all :whistle1: trying to not be guilty by association and have to run as well.

Fun fact, that near-exact thing happened to Adrian Hilburn during our pre-season photo day.

Moral of the story, don't call Coach Snyder "Bill", guys. :billdance:

well this was a nice little nugget of a story.  :thumbs:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2014, 06:15:11 PM »
Eating lunch with Nick lecky and Jared brite our freshman year they referred to him as Bill in a high nassaly voice all the time

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2014, 06:23:42 PM »

WOO!

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2014, 12:24:12 AM »
Eating lunch with Nick lecky and Jared brite our freshman year they referred to him as Bill in a high nassaly voice all the time

:sdeek:

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2014, 12:45:43 AM »

:sdeek:

jared brite was a total douche
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2014, 01:42:06 AM »
This is awesome, I bet he mutters "smile for the rough ridin' camera chump" when he takes his pictures mentoring youngsters

Well, it took two years, but you got an  :lol: out of me with this one. Coincidentally, I just listened to an NPR story about LeVar Burton and Reading Rainbow about an hour ago!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:06:20 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2014, 06:10:12 AM »
tom i bet you have all sorts of cool stories - you should post more

absolutely

Sent the team a xmas card after 1993 bowl season probably like 100's of other people.  It was a pix of our 3 year old son with Willie at the Minnesota game.  About a week into the new year we get an envelope from the AD.  It was hand written note from Coach Snyder thanking us for the card and well wishes.

Tom

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2014, 06:42:48 AM »

tom i bet you have all sorts of cool stories - you should post more

absolutely

Sent the team a xmas card after 1993 bowl season probably like 100's of other people.  It was a pix of our 3 year old son with Willie at the Minnesota game.  About a week into the new year we get an envelope from the AD.  It was hand written note from Coach Snyder thanking us for the card and well wishes.

Tom

That is exactly the type of insidery info we were craving :thumbs:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12