Author Topic: Insidery info from early 90s  (Read 30544 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Insidery info from early 90s
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2014, 12:58:22 PM »

no, but i know Eric. We are from the same hometown. I wasn't anyone special. rode the bench more often that not. medical redshirt my first year. played a little my sophmore year and ended up transferring to a smaller school.

i did walk back into the football locker room during KU week and was reading the "bulletin board" Snyder caught me in there. He politely asked me to not go back there anymore and not to repeat what i read to anyone. He was intimidating but in a respectful sort of way.

Kevin Lockett used to wear a Free O.J. tee shirt all the time in the weight room.

Eckler scared the crap out  of me. Guy was nuts during Nebraska week. He shaved parts of his hair off each day and by friday it was shaped as an "N". Would show up in the weight room and rip his shirt off and start lifting in his jeans.

Mitch Running was one of the best dudes on the team. quality guy.

Chad May played baseball with us for a week. Snyder made him quit about three days into the experiment when he couldn't throw a pass in practice because he had blisters on his hands from hitting in the cage.

Safe to assume you know my boy Fereday as well, then?

bears are fast...

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2014, 12:58:23 PM »
i did walk back into the football locker room during KU week and was reading the "bulletin board" Snyder caught me in there. He politely asked me to not go back there anymore and not to repeat what i read to anyone. He was intimidating but in a respectful sort of way.

Post the article JVKCcat!

(Tell us what you read, please.)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2014, 01:44:11 PM »

no, but i know Eric. We are from the same hometown. I wasn't anyone special. rode the bench more often that not. medical redshirt my first year. played a little my sophmore year and ended up transferring to a smaller school.

Kevin Lockett used to wear a Free O.J. tee shirt all the time in the weight room.

Eckler scared the crap out  of me. Guy was nuts during Nebraska week. He shaved parts of his hair off each day and by friday it was shaped as an "N". Would show up in the weight room and rip his shirt off and start lifting in his jeans.

Chad May played baseball with us for a week. Snyder made him quit about three days into the experiment when he couldn't throw a pass in practice because he had blisters on his hands from hitting in the cage.

Daniel? :sdeek:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »

spoiler: he gets shot by his mom

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2014, 01:57:04 PM »

everybody who was in school at that time knew him

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2014, 02:08:01 PM »

How hard was it to get a release?

:lol:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2014, 02:23:08 PM »

everybody who was in school at that time knew him

Somehow not surprised...

:lol:
bears are fast...

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2014, 02:23:46 PM »

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2014, 02:40:24 PM »

Not Daniel...  Todd.
bears are fast...

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2014, 02:48:56 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2014, 02:53:31 PM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2014, 03:06:08 PM »
yeah. everybody knew fereday.

Offline JVKCcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2014, 04:20:02 PM »

Sure do. Todd was a good dude and a lot of fun to hang with.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2014, 04:36:45 PM »
sounds like todd was the BMOC
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2014, 06:12:18 PM »

yeah. everybody knew fereday.

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2014, 06:36:21 PM »

yes, confirmed

really want to know this

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2014, 07:03:25 PM »
more Snyder cussing and less buddy buddy talk
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2014, 02:03:09 PM »
Met another guy last night who swore up and down Chad may asked him the lame $1million arm question.  that story is the worst (I don't doubt he said it at some point).  It shows our fans weren't ready to have potential NFL players on campus.
That guy is full of crap, May used it as a pick up line on the ladies not as way to brag to other dudes

Not True. I was a batcat 92-95. He said it to me in the weight room.

Eric S.?????

:D

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »
I really love it when former emaw players come along and post stud stories on this blog.  Just the best.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2014, 10:01:21 PM »
More funny Snyder quotes.  TIA

Met LHCBS at a '94 pre-season Catbacker event.  Told him we were making plans to go to the Orange Bowl.  He never missed a beat, "Can you get me a ticket, and can I go with you?"

Tom

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2014, 12:30:40 AM »
More funny Snyder quotes.  TIA

Met LHCBS at a '94 pre-season Catbacker event.  Told him we were making plans to go to the Orange Bowl.  He never missed a beat, "Can you get me a ticket, and can I go with you?"

Tom

:thumbs:

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2014, 12:46:19 AM »

yes, confirmed

really want to know this

He gave Snyds his word you guys!  :shakesfist:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2014, 12:49:09 AM »
tom i bet you have all sorts of cool stories - you should post more

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2014, 01:13:34 AM »
tom i bet you have all sorts of cool stories - you should post more

:thumbs: