Author Topic: Insidery info from early 90s  (Read 30203 times)

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Insidery info from early 90s
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2012, 10:33:45 PM »
It's like someone cross-bred Clint Eastwood with Fred Rogers with an android.  :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Offline PorkChop Express

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2012, 11:31:09 PM »
Fact: he apologizes for swearing 90% of the time. 

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2014, 12:14:34 AM »
Super bump! My God this thread was a fantastic read  :love:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2014, 01:09:51 AM »
Chad May was a complete arrogant bad person

A kid that grew up in the same neighborhood as Rusty Wilson said he and Chad used to do a bunch of coke after games and then drive Rusty's golf cart around and try to hit the kids playing in the street.

This isn't 90's K-State insidery info per se, but one of our players who went to the NFL told me that at the NFL combine they make you get buck naked in a line with all the other players and scouts (men and women) go down the line, stare you up and down, and take notes about you.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2014, 08:06:18 AM »
What neighborhood?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2014, 08:54:02 AM »
Met another guy last night who swore up and down Chad may asked him the lame $1million arm question.  that story is the worst (I don't doubt he said it at some point).  It shows our fans weren't ready to have potential NFL players on campus.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2014, 09:10:41 AM »
Met another guy last night who swore up and down Chad may asked him the lame $1million arm question.  that story is the worst (I don't doubt he said it at some point).  It shows our fans weren't ready to have potential NFL players on campus.

yes, the worst

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »
When I was in college and heard that story, I was super excited. I hadn't even heard of him yet since I didn't follow recruiting at all back then.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2014, 09:41:40 AM »
That guy is full of crap, May used it as a pick up line on the ladies not as way to brag to other dudes

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »
the number of boners who are willing to say he said it to them is just weird.  the guy who told me this last night was actually a ku grad who said he was dating a girl May liked.  I basically said if Chad May wanted your girl, he was taking your girl.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2014, 10:11:43 AM »
snyder doesn't cuss that much, fwiw

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2014, 10:18:29 AM »
But I'll bet it is really awesome and clever when he does, right?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2014, 10:19:25 AM »

haha :thumbs: and it hits hard

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2014, 10:22:49 AM »

Asked my boss who played in the late-90s and early-2000s. Confirmed that Snyder cusses "like a sailor" on gamedays and during intense practices. He also confirmed the Iowa State locker room story. He said that Snyder would normally talk for a minute or two before offense and defense splitting up to meet. This time, Snyder never showed. They kept waiting and waiting until the ref finally came in and said it was time to come out. At that point, Snyder came in and said "just keep it close." As most probably know, we won by 7. He described Snyder as a "genius psychologist."

Same guy's roommate was 3rd string QB almost all of those years and was the signal caller. He said wearing the headset was almost scary because of how heated Snyder would get.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2014, 10:30:47 AM »

Quote from: Scheme Doctor
We need to get rid of the damn fireworks.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2014, 10:30:49 AM »
I love LHC Bill Snyder, guys.  I really and truly do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2014, 11:51:13 AM »

Asked my boss who played in the late-90s and early-2000s. Confirmed that Snyder cusses "like a sailor" on gamedays and during intense practices. He also confirmed the Iowa State locker room story. He said that Snyder would normally talk for a minute or two before offense and defense splitting up to meet. This time, Snyder never showed. They kept waiting and waiting until the ref finally came in and said it was time to come out. At that point, Snyder came in and said "just keep it close." As most probably know, we won by 7. He described Snyder as a "genius psychologist."

Same guy's roommate was 3rd string QB almost all of those years and was the signal caller. He said wearing the headset was almost scary because of how heated Snyder would get.

Was at that game. Got our tickets through ISU ticket office. Got spit and had trash thrown at us the whole first half. Walked out to our truck at half time and every ISU fan was talking mad trash. We just said the game is four quarters. Watched the second half from the endzone. :love:

Offline JVKCcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2014, 12:03:26 PM »
That guy is full of crap, May used it as a pick up line on the ladies not as way to brag to other dudes

Not True. I was a batcat 92-95. He said it to me in the weight room.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2014, 12:04:23 PM »

Eric S.?????

Offline JVKCcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »

Eric S.?????

no, but i know Eric. We are from the same hometown. I wasn't anyone special. rode the bench more often that not. medical redshirt my first year. played a little my sophmore year and ended up transferring to a smaller school.

i did walk back into the football locker room during KU week and was reading the "bulletin board" Snyder caught me in there. He politely asked me to not go back there anymore and not to repeat what i read to anyone. He was intimidating but in a respectful sort of way.

Kevin Lockett used to wear a Free O.J. tee shirt all the time in the weight room.

Eckler scared the crap out  of me. Guy was nuts during Nebraska week. He shaved parts of his hair off each day and by friday it was shaped as an "N". Would show up in the weight room and rip his shirt off and start lifting in his jeans.

Mitch Running was one of the best dudes on the team. quality guy.

Chad May played baseball with us for a week. Snyder made him quit about three days into the experiment when he couldn't throw a pass in practice because he had blisters on his hands from hitting in the cage.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »
no, but i know Eric. We are from the same hometown. I wasn't anyone special.

Don't you dare tell yourself that, bud. Don't you dare.

Offline JVKCcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2014, 12:38:33 PM »

:thumbsup:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2014, 12:46:55 PM »

:thumbsup:

I'd say it's time for you to drop the J from your screen name.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »
no, but i know Eric. We are from the same hometown. I wasn't anyone special. rode the bench more often that not. medical redshirt my first year. played a little my sophmore year and ended up transferring to a smaller school.

How hard was it to get a release?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »
That Eckler swollieville story is pretty fantastic.