Author Topic: Insidery info from early 90s  (Read 30551 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Insidery info from early 90s
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2014, 07:17:25 AM »
Eating lunch with Nick lecky and Jared brite our freshman year they referred to him as Bill in a high nassaly voice all the time

:sdeek:

jared brite was a total douche
100% fact. Just the worst

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2014, 08:45:23 AM »
Eating lunch with Nick lecky and Jared brite our freshman year they referred to him as Bill in a high nassaly voice all the time

is he the one that does the weird pyramid sales thing?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2014, 08:50:57 AM »
Hey, guys, I've been lurking a bit and decided to share a little story.  It's not from the 90s, but it's a slightly humorous story about Coach Snyder.

In the locker room after a meeting one day Courtney Herndon was talking about Coach Snyder and called him Bill. Coach Snyder happened to walk up right behind him as he was saying it, and asked in a very stern Coach Snyder voice "which direction do you want to run, Courtney?" Courtney was all :horrorsurprise: and asked him what he meant. Snyder told him to put his workout clothes on and meet him outside. We were all :whistle1: trying to not be guilty by association and have to run as well.

Fun fact, that near-exact thing happened to Adrian Hilburn during our pre-season photo day.

Moral of the story, don't call Coach Snyder "Bill", guys. :billdance:

well this was a nice little nugget of a story.  :thumbs:

i imagine bill cringed every time he heard denis refer to frank as frank

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »

huge douche

lecky is 100% great emaw dude

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »

huge douche

lecky is 100% great emaw dude

If lecky is anything IRL like he his on the radio, I would want him to be my other neighbor(still want Hud on the other side though).

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2014, 09:03:10 AM »
Wasn't Brite the 1 who couldn't even kick a rough ridin' extra point?

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2014, 09:24:38 AM »

:thumbsup:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2014, 09:59:17 AM »

:thumbsup:

Yeah he sucked in '02, but in '03 he was a good punter. In fact, IMO his punt in the 1st quarter of the Dr. Pepper was a huge turning point in the game. Slowly the momentum shifted. Who cares if he was an IRL loser. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
Not me, CF3. I don't care. Good pull on that punt memzy/vid.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2014, 10:26:50 AM »
CF3 just pretty much ruined my morning (but in a good way).

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2014, 10:28:11 AM »
As a fan you have to have a special place in your heart for the 1999 games against Iowa State and Ok State. 

Huge crowds at both schools, ISU and OSU get out to big leads and K-State just methodically tore both to shreds from about halfway through the 2nd quarter on.

Ranks right up there with the 1997 win over Missouri when they came in thinking they were the $hit, and we had just had a bad game at Nebraska.   Bishop ran all over them.   I really did not like Larry Smith and it was always enjoyable beating them.   I have a friend who is a Missouri insidery guy and he said that after every K-State loss the Missouri staff would come back in the MU football offices the next day and find stuff thrown all over the place and busted up glass, because Larry Smith had gone on a rampage.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »
Brite would show up at parties and just completely douche it up. Known fact that lecky and Lilja just brought him around out of pity

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2014, 10:37:29 AM »
Plz give specific examples of Brite douching it up. tia.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2014, 10:44:28 AM »
Not really insidery info, but a funny story - as most people know, the weekly Bill press conferences are pretty much a waste of everyone's time because Bill never actually answers any questions with any amount of substance. So, what typically happens, is most "reporters" don't even bother to ask questions and it's usually the same 3-4 people that ask most of the questions. As we can all probably guess, one of those people is Fritchen.

I can't remember for certain, but I think it was back in 99 during the press conference before K-State played at Nebraska. As Fritchen is prone to doing, he asked this incredibly long-winded question that took about an hour for him to spit out. It was basically something like "Bill, can you talk about what it's like being in a stadium like Nebraska's with 80,000 fans, a historic stadium, they're all yelling before the game, you're underneath the stadium and you can hear them yelling and you're trying to get your players ready for the game (it goes on and on and on and then ends with) can you tell us what you're actually doing right before you take the field?"

Bill pauses for about 10 seconds (probably mocking the fact that Fritch took five minutes to ask a question) and then Bill says, "What's that game that the youngsters like? Chutes and Ladders? Is that what it's called? That's what we do."

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2014, 10:51:35 AM »
Plz give specific examples of Brite douching it up. tia.
super spiked hair dressed like a guido played the I play football card all the time

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2014, 10:52:13 AM »
Hard to explain really but he was super weird

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2014, 10:55:49 AM »
then Bill says, "What's that game that the youngsters like? Chutes and Ladders? Is that what it's called? That's what we do."

:lol: incredible

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2014, 10:56:50 AM »
Not really insidery info, but a funny story - as most people know, the weekly Bill press conferences are pretty much a waste of everyone's time because Bill never actually answers any questions with any amount of substance. So, what typically happens, is most "reporters" don't even bother to ask questions and it's usually the same 3-4 people that ask most of the questions. As we can all probably guess, one of those people is Fritchen.

I can't remember for certain, but I think it was back in 99 during the press conference before K-State played at Nebraska. As Fritchen is prone to doing, he asked this incredibly long-winded question that took about an hour for him to spit out. It was basically something like "Bill, can you talk about what it's like being in a stadium like Nebraska's with 80,000 fans, a historic stadium, they're all yelling before the game, you're underneath the stadium and you can hear them yelling and you're trying to get your players ready for the game (it goes on and on and on and then ends with) can you tell us what you're actually doing right before you take the field?"

Bill pauses for about 10 seconds (probably mocking the fact that Fritch took five minutes to ask a question) and then Bill says, "What's that game that the youngsters like? Chutes and Ladders? Is that what it's called? That's what we do."

Need some stud to find audio of this for me.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2014, 11:33:40 AM »
As a fan you have to have a special place in your heart for the 1999 games against Iowa State and Ok State. 

Huge crowds at both schools, ISU and OSU get out to big leads and K-State just methodically tore both to shreds from about halfway through the 2nd quarter on.

Ranks right up there with the 1997 win over Missouri when they came in thinking they were the $hit, and we had just had a bad game at Nebraska.   Bishop ran all over them.   I really did not like Larry Smith and it was always enjoyable beating them.   I have a friend who is a Missouri insidery guy and he said that after every K-State loss the Missouri staff would come back in the MU football offices the next day and find stuff thrown all over the place and busted up glass, because Larry Smith had gone on a rampage.

In 2000 I sort of walked through the football offices when I was in Columbia for some work thing.  They had a a sign with goals for their season.  "win the north" was first, "beat K-State was 3rd or 4th.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2014, 11:42:18 AM »

I'm not sure about the pyramid sales part, but he used to work a normal office inside sales job with my brother. He wasn't douchey, maybe grew out of it. But he did say in 2002 his leg was injured, and they had him kick anyway. Said he couldn't even walk on it right that year.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2014, 11:45:57 AM »
i can tell ya this. spring 04, i got a new roommate, he was a backup on the football team. he had formerly been brite's roommate. before he punched him in his douchey face. he had a few stories.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2014, 12:07:57 PM »

haha. d scott is such a tool.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »

I'm not sure about the pyramid sales part, but he used to work a normal office inside sales job with my brother. He wasn't douchey, maybe grew out of it. But he did say in 2002 his leg was injured, and they had him kick anyway. Said he couldn't even walk on it right that year.
lol rough ridin' bullshit

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2014, 01:15:16 PM »
brandon archer was deeeeeeeeeep into amway  :frown:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2014, 01:25:43 PM »
My friend who played OL in the 90's said Mark Mangino was super mean and tried to get him to quit after he got injured.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread