Author Topic: "Obamacare"  (Read 323930 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "Obamacare"
« Reply #1350 on: December 10, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »
Good news everyone, a real feel good story about Obamacare!

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/i-just-instantly-burst-tears-medical-worker-finally-gets-insurance-2D11718146

I was also moved to tears when I read she and her husband are both covered for only $3.19 per month.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 10, 2013, 06:20:40 PM »
I'm all for public insurance and private care.

Let the doctors compete for public funds

Yep, I bet the current Admin would do an amazing job running it and not shazbot! it up at all.

If they were to get all complicated with it and not just expand the Medicare agency then yeah they probably would muck it up.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1352 on: December 10, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
I would love it if the dems proposed a single payer system. Would be the most effective way to get rid of all those retards
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 11, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »
Good news everyone, a real feel good story about Obamacare!

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/i-just-instantly-burst-tears-medical-worker-finally-gets-insurance-2D11718146

I was also moved to tears when I read she and her husband are both covered for only $3.19 per month.

Me too. It warms my heart to know that I'm subsidizing the healthcare of JoAnn, who for some reason is still working a job making $11.50/hour, and her unemployed husband (I wonder if he's on SS Disability?). Why should these people have to pay for healthcare? Oh wait - they're still going to pay a massive deductible for their "bronze coverage," so I guess fair is fair, huh? I suspect JoAnn is going to be crying a different kind of tears when she figures this out. They would have been much better off on Medicaid.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 11, 2013, 09:37:53 AM »

"Public funds" has such a nice ring to it. Way more palatable than "tax dollars." Kind of like how PBS doesn't say it's being supported by "tax dollars," but by "the American people" and "viewer's like you."

The thing about socialized medicine, like all other welfare, is that it sounds great to the moochers, but not so great to the people who are already paying their own way. They'll have to stand in line for the doctor along with the moochers they're paying for. But hey, it's all about "fairness," "equality," "social justice," "human rights," etc., etc.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 11, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »
Latest enrollment numbers are in. Pravda proudly announces that "Today, just two months into the open enrollment, nearly 1.2 million Americans have selected a plan or have been determined eligible for Medicaid or CHIP." :lol: Hmmm, wonder what the breakdown is? According to USA Today: about 365k people have signed up for Obamacare coverage, and a little 800k have signed up for Medicaid. I wonder if we could have just spent a few hundred million on an enrollment campaign to load up the already unsustainable Medicaid program rather than trashing the entire insurance industry?

Ok, so we're not exactly on pace to meet the CBO's sustainability goal of 7 million Obamacare enrollees. Not to worry though, as Eztard Klein helpfully (and accurately) points out, it's not the total number of enrollees that really matters, but the proportion of healthy versus sick enrollees. I wonder what that number is? We don't know this critical information, because the government doesn't ask! But common sense would dictate the breakdown as follows:
- Older and/or sicker enrollees: a crap ton%
- Young and/or healthy enrollees: not so much%

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 11, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »
But hey, it's all about "fairness," "equality," "social justice," "human rights," etc., etc.

FINALLY, he gets it.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 11, 2013, 12:02:15 PM »
This republican has a health care plan that makes a lot of sense. Maybe the party has a future after all.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/12/colin-powell-pitches-universal-healthcare-in-us/

You're such a dumbass

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 11, 2013, 01:27:04 PM »

"Public funds" has such a nice ring to it. Way more palatable than "tax dollars." Kind of like how PBS doesn't say it's being supported by "tax dollars," but by "the American people" and "viewer's like you."

The thing about socialized medicine, like all other welfare, is that it sounds great to the moochers, but not so great to the people who are already paying their own way. They'll have to stand in line for the doctor along with the moochers they're paying for. But hey, it's all about "fairness," "equality," "social justice," "human rights," etc., etc.

There might be a few moochers but that goes with everything.  If the majority of this country is working then the majority would be contributing.   Social Security  could deduct a premium to even help out leaving your germ infested fat little sperm trophies as the moochers along with the no income to very low income trash. 

I'd put up with a few moochers to make things a little more "fair" to the majority working class. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 11, 2013, 05:02:54 PM »

:drink: :drink:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 11, 2013, 05:43:33 PM »

Thatsh nothin sheven, I'se been drunk for 5 years cause I take a drinks evary timesa lib says "fair share".  :Ughhh:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 11, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »

Thatsh nothin sheven, I'se been drunk for 5 years cause I take a drinks evary timesa lib says "fair share".  :Ughhh:

what about everytime a pub says it?  alcohol poisoning!!!!!!  :sdeek:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 11, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »
Here are the terms of my aca policy for me, spouse, and two boys.

$531 per month
$6300 deductible
$6300 family deductible

531 x 12 mo. = $6,372 annual premium + $6300 individual ded. Means I will pay $12,672 out of my
Pocket before my insurance will pay a dime.

If I qualified for a large subsidy and only paid $1200 in annual premium and add the $6300 ded. That would be $7500 before insurance started paying claims.

I don't think the low to middle income people paying for this are going to like it at all.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 11, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »

$531 per month
$6300 deductible
$6300 family deductible

531 x 12 mo. = $6,372 annual premium + $6300 individual ded. Means I will pay $12,672 out of my

If I qualified for a large subsidy and only paid $1200 in annual premium and add the $6300 ded. That would be $7500 before insurance started paying claims.

I don't think the low to middle income people paying for this are going to like it at all.

ok, and how much of a change is that from last year

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 11, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »
Not the point tard, how many poor people you know that will buy insurance when they don't get any 'til they pay $7,500 out of their empty pockets?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: December 11, 2013, 06:31:11 PM »

$531 per month
$6300 deductible
$6300 family deductible

It's going to be a big story when the formerly uninsured run to the doctors on Jan 1 to find they still have to pay for most everything. For most of them, it will simply be catastrophic insurance because they still won't be able to afford the deductibles. They probably could have afforded catastrophic insurance on their own prior to obamacare and we didn't need to mess with it in the first place.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 11, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »

$531 per month
$6300 deductible
$6300 family deductible

It's going to be a big story when the formerly uninsured run to the doctors on Jan 1 to find they still have to pay for most everything. For most of them, it will simply be catastrophic insurance because they still won't be able to afford the deductibles. They probably could have afforded catastrophic insurance on their own prior to obamacare and we didn't need to mess with it in the first place.

exactly why healthcare should be free  :whistle1:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 11, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
Not the point tard, how many poor people you know that will buy insurance when they don't get any 'til they pay $7,500 out of their empty pockets?

and this is a change from before how?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 11, 2013, 06:40:49 PM »
gato's point is that the government should have poured more money into it to make health insurance and care cheaper for people such as himself. Can't say I disagree.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 11, 2013, 06:45:38 PM »
gato's point is that the government should have poured more money into it to make health insurance and care cheaper for people such as himself. Can't say I disagree.

Seven really is a little slow :Cheers:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 11, 2013, 07:04:04 PM »
as a current poor, i decided to go ahead and go though the application (took literally 10 min) just right now.

the bronze plan you're talking about (aka the worst and cheapest):

Monthly premium
$12.21/mo.
was $158.21

Deductible
$6,300

Out–of–pocket maximum
$6,300

no copays

-------------

the best platinum plan:

Monthly premium
$172.02/mo.
was $318.02

Deductible
$0
group total

Out–of–pocket maximum
$1,150

50% copays

------------

with 29 other plans in-between.  neither of those sound too bad, depending on how you want to use insurance.

infact i'll probably sign up for that low level bronze plan, just because i have zero insurance right now and can't afford the $120ish a month that the cheapest plan available to me right now costs.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 11, 2013, 07:15:01 PM »
You are wasting your $12 a month, since you said you can't afford $120 a month I assume you can't afford a doctors visit, much less any care. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 11, 2013, 07:18:40 PM »
Anybody want to take guess how much "public funds" we've spent so far, per enrollee, just to get them signed up? (And I'm not including all the "public funds" we'll spend to subsidize their premiums, allowing moochers like seven to pay 12/mo for insurance.)

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 11, 2013, 07:22:03 PM »
You are wasting your $12 a month, since you said you can't afford $120 a month I assume you can't afford a doctors visit, much less any care.

i have been to the doctor once in the last 10 years (minor med for bronchitis).  i have zero prescriptions. insurance is only of use to me if something really terrible happens, which 12 dollars a month seems reasonable.

*edit, i had insurance from my employer for that 1 visit too!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:26:26 PM by seven »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 11, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »
all of this is really moot tho, healthcare should be available to all citizens for free.