Author Topic: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD  (Read 22183 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2012, 08:59:03 AM »
But not to a shittier job
he's a pretty confident guy, k-state was just as shitty before he and Huggins fixed it.  I have no doubt he thinks of USC as a better long term option, which it is.

I guess that I disagree with that statement because, historically, the success levels at these two programs are pretty night and day.  If there are so many inherent advantages to SC over KSU, you would think that it would have been seen in the last 50-75 years.
the last 50-75 years matter about as much as...nothing.  frank is closer to home and in a place where he thinks he can build.
The "closer to home" talking point is the most Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) one out there.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2012, 09:27:14 AM »
he's a pretty confident guy, k-state was just as shitty before he and Huggins fixed it.  I have no doubt he thinks of USC as a better long term option, which it is.

he doesn't. it's not.

keep the dream alive.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »

I guess that I disagree with that statement because, historically, the success levels at these two programs are pretty night and day.  If there are so many inherent advantages to SC over KSU, you would think that it would have been seen in the last 50-75 years.
the last 50-75 years matter about as much as...nothing.  frank is closer to home and in a place where he thinks he can build.
The "closer to home" talking point is the most Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) one out there.

is it worse than the i went to k-state and we're great talking point?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2012, 09:34:48 AM »
knock it off clams 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2012, 09:41:36 AM »
i guess i'm just shocked how far some of you have your heads in the sand; i shouldn't be.  but i am.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2012, 09:44:04 AM »
i guess i'm just shocked how far some of you have your heads in the sand; i shouldn't be.  but i am.

no you're not. 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
Frank is a very good coach and he'll do fine at South Carolina.  It's not a better job, but I expect the results will be about the same as at K-State when he gets things up an running.  Never in real contention for a conference title, a perennial NCAA tournament team, with a high water mark of an Elite 8 every once in a blue moon when he can get his program changer like Pullen down there.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »
here's to hoping our next coach has read street & smith's top 100 programs issue.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2012, 10:25:09 AM »
Frank is a very good coach and he'll do fine at South Carolina.  It's not a better job, but I expect the results will be about the same as at K-State when he gets things up an running.  Never in real contention for a conference title, a perennial NCAA tournament team, with a high water mark of an Elite 8 every once in a blue moon when he can get his program changer like Pullen down there.

:lol:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »

Yes. It's the most Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and I literally have spelled it out twice for you.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »
I thought we were talking football 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2012, 11:53:33 AM »

Yes. It's the most Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and I literally have spelled it out twice for you.

ok thx man

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2012, 12:31:18 PM »
All we need is Manhatter to make a gpc style side by side comparison of the schools.  Who has better drinking fountains, who has the better prairie, etc.  I'll bet K-state wins in a landslide. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2012, 12:47:58 PM »

Ya. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2012, 01:02:19 PM »

Ya.
Well you were both wrong. Don't you feel like total dipshits

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2012, 01:46:58 PM »

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

word

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2012, 02:30:10 PM »
Frank has a nack for getting more out of bad players.  He will do better at USC then his predecessors.  He will never match the success he's had at KSU, ever.

This

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2012, 10:02:14 AM »

ok thx man

Everybody in N. and S. Carolina is a tar heels/dook 'fan' when it comes to basketball. He won't be able to recruit there like he thinks he can. Like it or not SC was a pretty 'dead' program in both sports until Spurrier showed up and he still can't accomplish anything major. It's roughly the same as Nebraska basketball without the football legacy.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »
yeah. i'm pretty sure frank didn't turn down a boatload of cash from depaul and oregon to bide his time and wait for that once in a lifetime opportunity of south carolina to come calling. i think it was a closest port in the sea/ocean/large body of water that has a really bad storm coming type thing. why he had to leave or whatever is the interesting part. someone super close to him told people he was forced out and there was zero effort on kstates part to try to retain him.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »
yeah. i'm pretty sure frank didn't turn down a boatload of cash from depaul and oregon to bide his time and wait for that once in a lifetime opportunity of south carolina to come calling. i think it was a closest port in the sea/ocean/large body of water that has a really bad storm coming type thing. why he had to leave or whatever is the interesting part. someone super close to him told people he was forced out and there was zero effort on kstates part to try to retain him.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that's absurd.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2012, 03:08:24 PM »
I'm going to take on some pro bono criminal defense work and try some of the argument strategies I've observed here.

Do you have any free time on August 20?  I am currently fighting a traffic violation for cutting off a funeral procession.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »
your god's name is Pat Bosco rick

my god is actually several gods and yeah, bosco was one. there were others though sd and i will never believe that any other athletic dept in the country would've went after curt like ours did. following the rules and kicking someone off for violating them is one thing. actively campaigned and going out of your way is an entirely different thing.

So you truly believe the people that work at the AthDept are just evil people who want to F with a kid and ruin his career? You don't think perhaps there's more info here that they had that you do not have?

i think you'd be slightly surprised at the amount of info i have in regards to this. for the rest of it, i would say that i don't know if there are "evil people who want to f with a kid and ruin his career" and never implied that. i did state that if the choice would've been entirely up to the athetic dept that curtis would've been permanently kicked off the team and that they actually tried fairly hard to make it happen. i also do not envision other athletic departments acting in the manner in which ours did-actively trying to persuade final rulings, etc. it looks like you don't agree with me and that's ok. it's fun to discuss things with people that have differing viewpoints. also, are you going to vote on any of the csourkys?

It's great that you have sources that talk you about stuff. There is little chance you have all of the info. It might help add context, that's all I'm saying. The people in the AD were acting in the best interest of K-State.

You say you can't envision this happening at other schools... unless you have prior experience working in other AthDepts, I am curious to know how you can knowledgeably compare what happens at K-State to what happens elsewhere. I, however, can speak to this point with some degree of accuracy when I say this kind of thing does indeed happen elsewhere.

well i obviously don't know everything that went on. nobody knows everything that went on. but the whole "i can't have a valid opinion because i haven't worked in mulitple athletic departments at multiple schools" thing that you just did seems pretty unnecessary and condescending imo, but i also hold you to an insanely high standard so who knows here.

bottom line for me (and i'll drop it after this i promise) is that the athletic dept tried to convice bosco and company to not let curt play basketball at kstate ever again and although i haven't logged years inside of peer school athletic departments, i don't think it would've went down like that at most other places and i don't think it would've went down like that at kstate five or ten or fifteen years ago either. i don't think most other athletic departments will try as hard as ours did to get a player like curt kicked off the team permanently half way through his senior year. i just don't. they certainly would kick a person off for violating rules or policy or whatever, but i don't think many would actively try to fight an avenue that could lead to him being put back on. ours did.

I really wish I knew more about this.  Sounds juicy.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2012, 03:21:04 PM »
I'm going to take on some pro bono criminal defense work and try some of the argument strategies I've observed here.

Do you have any free time on August 20?  I am currently fighting a traffic violation for cutting off a funeral procession.

If it's in town, probably.  Keep in mind though that my strategy after the cops put on all their evidence is going to be telling the prosecutor and the Judge, "Look, I get that you've been given some information and that's why you're holding this trial but realize your information is incomplete and/or wrong and nicname's not guilty.  Even if you have a videotape of nicname cutting off the funeral procession and flashing a combofan at the camera, trust me, there's things you don't know.  I rest my case."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2012, 03:26:58 PM »

If it's in town, probably.  Keep in mind though that my strategy after the cops put on all their evidence is going to be telling the prosecutor and the Judge, "Look, I get that you've been given some information and that's why you're holding this trial but realize your information is incomplete and/or wrong and nicname's not guilty.  Even if you have a videotape of nicname cutting off the funeral procession and flashing a combofan at the camera, trust me, there's things you don't know.  I rest my case."

Can we make charts and stuff? Like maybe a diagram of the intersection?  Also, I have a witness and also could call the cop who gave me the ticket to the stand and you could ask him all sorts of questions that make it clear that it was all his fault in the first place.