Author Topic: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD  (Read 22182 times)

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why is it good for KSU to have a higher level of compliance than our competitors.

please show me your data indicating our "higher level of compliance"

I think we have a misunderstanding.  I thought it was common knowledge that we are trying to run as clean of program as possible.  I think I misread your statement as "we have a very high level of compliance, I'm baffled that people are against having the highest level of compliance possible", not "I'm baffled that people think we have a higher level of compliance than everyone else." 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »
Why did anybody think money would be an obstacle to John Currie hiring who he wants?

Because it always used to be.  We are the university that hired Jim Wooldridge and Ron Prince.

Because of money or because of retardism?  How'd money factor into Weber?

money didn't factor into weber.  it's basketball.  you don't butter your bread w/ basketball. 

Pete tossed out a hoops reference as to why he previously (until CC came around and got Pete's stats, STRAIGHT about everything) thought money would be a factor in hiring a fb coach.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2012, 10:49:13 AM »
Why did anybody think money would be an obstacle to John Currie hiring who he wants?

Because it always used to be.  We are the university that hired Jim Wooldridge and Ron Prince.

Because of money or because of retardism?  How'd money factor into Weber?

money didn't factor into weber.  it's basketball.  you don't butter your bread w/ basketball.

Yeah.

Weber kind of fit the perfect mold for a guy like Currie.  Cost effective, runs a clean program, has a history of success (even if it's not recent), and will probably fit in pretty well with the majority of the fans after the first year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »
Weber was a crap hire.  He never gets a pass for that.  It doesn't just go away.  It was his very first hire.  He mumped it royally. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »
Guys, stop arguing about stupid crap, and sit and wait for CC to say more sexy stuff about how ninja Currie is going to be with the next FB staff hire and how he is going to pull out all the stops to make sure they are the best in the entire world, etc.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2012, 10:54:51 AM »
Guys, stop arguing about stupid crap, and sit and wait for CC to say more sexy stuff about how ninja Currie is going to be with the next FB staff hire and how he is going to pull out all the stops to make sure they are the best in the entire world, etc.

I'm just wanting to make it clear that that crap isn't going to fly again.  The table has been set with these boastful claims of unlimited funds. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cc-

frank was more/less forced out or left completely on his own?
snyder tried to go above currie and start dealing directly with schulz about certain things?

cc, thoughts on any of the above/below...

-someone close to frank says that it wasn't up to frank as to whether or not he had the opportunity to keep coaching at kstate.
-someone has said that bill got so fed up with currie that he attempted to bypass him by going straight to schulz.
-also any opinions on why our compliance dept has been hell bent on getting basketball players in trouble/kicked off. particulary in regards to curtis when the athletic dept was more/less begging the commitee to not let curt back on the team.

- complicated situation, not as simple as saying he was forced out. Blame on both sides.
- do not think it was specifically JC related from what I know
- disagree that compliance looks for ways to get kids in trouble. Curt stuff I'll just say was a merging of several issues at once.

-hypothetically, would frank have been allowed to stay at kansas state and continue coaching if that was what he wanted?

-should've said athletic dept when talking about curtis and not compliance dept. i've gone back and changed it. isn't it kind of weird that members within our athletic dept were pushing for curtis to get bounced and not be allowed back on the team. why would they/we do this?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »

I'm just wanting to make it clear that that crap isn't going to fly again.  The table has been set with these boisterous claims of unlimited funds.

Oh no question, we'll hang his him from the tallest tree if it happens again.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:02:23 AM by Pete »

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
cc-

snyder tried to go above currie and start dealing directly with schulz about certain things?

-someone close to frank says that it wasn't up to frank as to whether or not he had the opportunity to keep coaching at kstate.
-someone has said that bill got so fed up with currie that he attempted to bypass him by going straight to schulz.
-also any opinions on why our compliance dept has been hell bent on getting basketball players in trouble/kicked off. particulary in regards to curtis when the athletic dept was more/less begging the commitee to not let curt back on the team.

- complicated situation, not as simple as saying he was forced out. Blame on both sides.
- disagree that compliance looks for ways to get kids in trouble. Curt stuff I'll just say was a merging of several issues at once.

-hypothetically, would frank have been allowed to stay at kansas state and continue coaching if that was what he wanted?
-should've said athletic dept when talking about curtis and not compliance dept. i've gone back and changed it. isn't it kind of weird that members within our athletic dept were pushing for curtis to get bounced and not be allowed back on the team. why would they/we do this?

- don't know
- curtis thing, like i said, was lots of things. Probably safe to say AthDept was acting in the way they felt was right.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2012, 11:01:29 AM »
Oh man. Yeah I'm with Pete.  CC- keep saying great stuff about how rich we are and how this next FB coach is a sure thing blockbuster hire.

:lynchmob:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »

eff ninjas.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
cc-

- don't know
- curtis thing, like i said, was lots of things. Probably safe to say AthDept was acting in the way they felt was right.

-do you think that our athletic dept is entirely messed up and backwards considering that they were actively trying to make it to where curtis kelly would not have been allowed to play the entire last half of his senior season?

-do you think there is another athletic dept in the entire world that would've actively campaigned to kick one of their best basketball players ever off the team halfway through his senior year for what they were trying to get curtis kicked off for?

-have you placed your csourky votes?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »
I would be willing to change to pro-Currie if he could get something done about athletic housing.  CC, are there any discussions going on inside the AD to work with Housing & Dining to bring student athlete living conditions into the 21st century?  Have their been any discussions about diverting some of the potential fund raising efforts for the next phases of the BSFS to new athletic housing?  (Mods: if this is not the approriate place to post this question to CC, please move)
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

-do you think that our athletic dept is entirely messed up and backwards considering that they were actively trying to make it to where curtis kelly would not have been allowed to play the entire last half of his senior season?

-do you think there is another athletic dept in the entire world that would've actively campaigned to kick one of their best basketball players ever off the team halfway through his senior year for what they were trying to get curtis kicked off for?

- no

- yes

:confused:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2012, 11:15:20 AM »
I would be willing to change to pro-Currie if he could get something done about athletic housing.  CC, are there any discussions going on inside the AD to work with Housing & Dining to bring student athlete living conditions into the 21st century?  Have their been any discussions about diverting some of the potential fund raising efforts for the next phases of the BSFS to new athletic housing?  (Mods: if this is not the approriate place to post this question to CC, please move)

no, good question imo

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »

Honestly don't know. I will ask some people. I will say that more and more athletes are being placed in the new Jardine complex, which is obv pretty nice.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »

Honestly don't know. I will ask some people. I will say that more and more athletes are being placed in the new Jardine complex, which is obv pretty nice.

yes, all football and basketball athletes should be put there. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »
Will the charity MMA fight be in Bramlage or Ahearn?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

- no

- yes

:confused:

i disagree wholeheartedly on your no response and thank god and jesus every day that calmer heads prevailed and our own freaking athletic dept was not allowed to kick curtis kelly off of our basketball team halfway through his senior year when it was pretty obvious to people close to the situation that they really wanted to.

also, csourkys are our yearly awards and you can vote on different categories over on the combofanning board. i'm up for best poster!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2012, 11:24:49 AM »
your god and jesus's name is Pat Bosco (and friends) rick

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2012, 11:27:48 AM »
your god and jesus's name is Pat Bosco (and friends) rick

Bosco probably looks great in cowboy boots and jeans.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2012, 11:30:04 AM »
your god's name is Pat Bosco rick

my god is actually several gods and yeah, bosco was one. there were others though sd and i will never believe that any other athletic dept in the country would've went after curt like ours did. following the rules and kicking someone off for violating them is one thing. actively campaigning and going out of your way to get them booted is an entirely different thing.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2012, 11:31:31 AM »
CC,

asking for your speculation, how many more years do you think snyder will coach?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

i disagree wholeheartedly on your no response and thank god and jesus every day that calmer heads prevailed and our own freaking athletic dept was not allowed to kick curtis kelly off of our basketball team halfway through his senior year when it was pretty obvious to people close to the situation that they really wanted to.

also, csourkys are our yearly awards and you can vote on different categories over on the combofanning board. i'm up for best poster!

Correct.

It woulds seem that one cannot argue against the idea that Pat Bosco (who loves KSU more than life itself) had a very different opinion than John Currie and friends. 

I love Pat Bosco so much.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
your god's name is Pat Bosco rick

my god is actually several gods and yeah, bosco was one. there were others though sd and i will never believe that any other athletic dept in the country would've went after curt like ours did. following the rules and kicking someone off for violating them is one thing. actively campaigned and going out of your way is an entirely different thing.

So you truly believe the people that work at the AthDept are just evil people who want to F with a kid and ruin his career? You don't think perhaps there's more info here that they had that you do not have?