Author Topic: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD  (Read 21635 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2012, 03:37:29 PM »
I'm going to take on some pro bono criminal defense work and try some of the argument strategies I've observed here.

Do you have any free time on August 20?  I am currently fighting a traffic violation for cutting off a funeral procession.

If it's in town, probably.  Keep in mind though that my strategy after the cops put on all their evidence is going to be telling the prosecutor and the Judge, "Look, I get that you've been given some information and that's why you're holding this trial but realize your information is incomplete and/or wrong and nicname's not guilty.  Even if you have a videotape of nicname cutting off the funeral procession and flashing a combofan at the camera, trust me, there's things you don't know.  I rest my case."

Can we make charts and stuff? Like maybe a diagram of the intersection?  Also, I have a witness and also could call the cop who gave me the ticket to the stand and you could ask him all sorts of questions that make it clear that it was all his fault in the first place. 

No.  I'm not doing any of that stuff.  If the court isn't satisfied with me telling them that notwithstanding everything they know and have been shown by the prosecution, that there's some other stuff they don't know and that they should take my word for it and let you off, well then I don't know what to tell you.  I deal in transparency.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2012, 03:54:16 PM »
Got it.  Court is in Minneapolis, KS anyway.  That is the true charge though and it really was the cops fault.  He ran a stop sign, then didn't turn on his "flashers" until he was behind me, thus signaling that there was indeed a procession.  Of course, I didn't know this and thought the cop was then pulling me over randomly, so I pulled over and the dude just went around me.  At that point im like "wtf?" so I pull back out onto the street and as I do I notice the hearse behind me, but by then I was already out in the lane so I just turned onto the nearest side street to get out of the way.  Too late, cop left his post at the front of the procession, flipped a u-turn and pulled me over. 

:driving:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
I'm going to take on some pro bono criminal defense work and try some of the argument strategies I've observed here.

Do you have any free time on August 20?  I am currently fighting a traffic violation for cutting off a funeral procession.

If it's in town, probably.  Keep in mind though that my strategy after the cops put on all their evidence is going to be telling the prosecutor and the Judge, "Look, I get that you've been given some information and that's why you're holding this trial but realize your information is incomplete and/or wrong and nicname's not guilty.  Even if you have a videotape of nicname cutting off the funeral procession and flashing a combofan at the camera, trust me, there's things you don't know.  I rest my case."

Can we make charts and stuff? Like maybe a diagram of the intersection?  Also, I have a witness and also could call the cop who gave me the ticket to the stand and you could ask him all sorts of questions that make it clear that it was all his fault in the first place. 

No.  I'm not doing any of that stuff.  If the court isn't satisfied with me telling them that notwithstanding everything they know and have been shown by the prosecution, that there's some other stuff they don't know and that they should take my word for it and let you off, well then I don't know what to tell you.  I deal in transparency.

Well played in the context of the thread!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »
nicname, you saw what Trim did, right?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2012, 08:36:40 PM »
nicname, you saw what Trim did, right?

yeah, i just wanted to take the opportunity to tell my story. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.