Author Topic: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD  (Read 21654 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Re: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »
even though he's been on a hiatus, cc definitely deserves a csourky.  :katpak:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Let me float this conspiracy theory out there:  Bill knows there is no way in hell John hires Sean.

I should be careful here, but I do know that Bill would very much like Sean to take over. And is obv very disappointed that it's not going to happen while JC is here.

Would keep that in mind when you guys talk to people from the football camp.

BOOM

On this topic, I am #TEAMCURRIE with a god damn flaming torch in my hand.  Like take a bullet for Currie #teamCurrie, on this topic.

Yeah, this really makes it hard to root for one side or the other.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
Pat Bosco (loves KSU more than life itself)
I love Pat Bosco so much.

Pat Bosco = Patron Saint of K-State (trust him implicitly to ALWAYS do the right thing for K-State)
Those who disagree with Pat Bosco = not in the right vis-a-vis what's best for K-State
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2012, 02:02:04 PM »
They acted as they did with a larger amount of facts than you have available to you.

Stop saying this.

For the same reasons why you go by "Captain Crap" and not your real name and make sure that you only go so far in what you post here, there are people who were in the rough ridin' rooms when these things went down who give us the info under made-up names and via pm, etc.

I appreciate you coming here and setting forth the Athletic Department's side on things.

EDIT: Daris is a little more tactful than me.

I would like to sign up for this super secrety pm list.  Send me the paper work and the non-disclosure stuff.  TIA.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2012, 02:07:37 PM »
cc, a couple more "is this true/thoughts?" type points:

There was a disagreement between ADJC and HCBS over flying the team to the Cotton Bowl.  ADJC tried to force Bill to bus the team down.  Bill won. 

When Currie was informed that Frank was talking to South Carolina on that Friday night, he didn't tell the KSU Athletics Board of Directors.  They did not find out until Sunday afternoon that Currie knew this and was not actively trying to get Frank to say.

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »
They acted as they did with a larger amount of facts than you have available to you.

Stop saying this.

For the same reasons why you go by "Captain Crap" and not your real name and make sure that you only go so far in what you post here, there are people who were in the rough ridin' rooms when these things went down who give us the info under made-up names and via pm, etc.

I appreciate you coming here and setting forth the Athletic Department's side on things.

EDIT: Daris is a little more tactful than me.

I would like to sign up for this super secrety pm list.  Send me the paper work and the non-disclosure stuff.  TIA.

The two things I wish in life:
1. I could get on pm list(s) like this. and
2. I was creative enough have an internet sock (or be able to tell who is and who isn't a sock). I'm not even creative enough to have one good internet personality, let alone be able to handle two.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
we don't have a secret pm or email list or anything like that.  if we get one, you are all invited to be on it.  but, if we get one, we'll probably just spam your inbox with #fatty4ksu donation requests until you unsubscribe. 

catzacker

« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »
Like, I don’t accept the “they were acting in the best interest of Kansas State” thing.  Not that I don’t think they thought that, and not that I don’t think they had more information than I did. 

But, like,  I see the results of their acting in the best interest of Kansas State and I don’t think it resulted in what’s best for Kansas State when it comes to the management of the teams/coaches.  The results of their marketing and alumni donation campaigns appear fantastic. 

IMO, there are rules and then you figure out how to play within them, rather than figuring out how to enforce them.  There’s a slight distinction.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
IMO, there are rules and then you figure out how to play within them, rather than figuring out how to enforce them.

well said

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »
But, like,  I see the results of their acting in the best interest of Kansas State and I don’t think it resulted in what’s best for Kansas State when it comes to the management of the teams/coaches.  The results of their marketing and alumni donation campaigns appear fantastic. 

I think we have to pick one or the other.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2012, 03:22:25 PM »
the dude was gone the minute we went to the elite 8

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »
But not to a shittier job

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »

important point

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
he's a pretty confident guy, k-state was just as shitty before he and Huggins fixed it.  I have no doubt he thinks of USC as a better long term option, which it is.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2012, 03:38:20 PM »
 :jerk:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2012, 04:28:13 PM »
he's a pretty confident guy, k-state was just as shitty before he and Huggins fixed it.  I have no doubt he thinks of USC as a better long term option, which it is.

I guess that I disagree with that statement because, historically, the success levels at these two programs are pretty night and day.  If there are so many inherent advantages to SC over KSU, you would think that it would have been seen in the last 50-75 years.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2012, 04:33:19 PM »

he doesn't. it's not.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2012, 04:34:05 PM »

I guess that I disagree with that statement because, historically, the success levels at these two programs are pretty night and day.  If there are so many inherent advantages to SC over KSU, you would think that it would have been seen in the last 50-75 years.
the last 50-75 years matter about as much as...nothing.  frank is closer to home and in a place where he thinks he can build.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2012, 04:43:39 PM »
He had already built here. eff that argument. John Currie was a horrible person for a guy like Frank to work for, and that's why he's not our coach anymore.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2012, 04:44:13 PM »
Im going to build a stepping stool so I can punch you right in the mouth.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2012, 04:46:57 PM »
Im going to build a stepping stool so I can punch you right in the mouth.

Me???  :horrorsurprise:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2012, 08:29:16 AM »

he doesn't. it's not.

Agreed.

If Frank thinks he can fix USC as easily as he fixed KSU, he's in for a rude surprise.  At KSU, the first year of Frank's tenure included Beasley, Walker and a young Pullen.  He struck gold twice with transfers like Clemente and Kelly.  At the beginning of his tenure, he had an elite level recruiter on staff that was paid more than many head coaches were making.  Bramlage Coliseum was sold out and the fan enthusiasm level was as high as it could possibly be.

NONE of that exists at South Carolina.

I'm not talking about K-State's superior history and tradition compared to South Carolina.  I'm talking about talent on the roster, recruiters on staff and fan support/enthusiasm.  Frank has none of that at South Carolina.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »
Frank has a nack for getting more out of bad players.  He will do better at USC then his predecessors.  He will never match the success he's had at KSU, ever. 

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2012, 08:43:43 AM »
Frank has a nack for getting more out of bad players.  He will do better at USC then his predecessors.  He will never match the success he's had at KSU, ever.

If he does well at USC, like makes the tourney within 3 years, he could get a better job and surpass it. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2012, 08:51:12 AM »

If he does well at USC, like makes the tourney within 3 years, he could get a better job and surpass it.

yeah, if he wins the national championship this season he could surpass it too.  or even a final four.  I stand by my original post.