Author Topic: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD  (Read 21655 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: SNYDER AND CLOSE CONFIDANTS: JOHN CURRIE PROMOTION RELATED THREAD
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2012, 11:44:25 AM »
your god's name is Pat Bosco rick

my god is actually several gods and yeah, bosco was one. there were others though sd and i will never believe that any other athletic dept in the country would've went after curt like ours did. following the rules and kicking someone off for violating them is one thing. actively campaigned and going out of your way is an entirely different thing.

So you truly believe the people that work at the AthDept are just evil people who want to F with a kid and ruin his career? You don't think perhaps there's more info here that they had that you do not have?

i think you'd be slightly surprised at the amount of info i have in regards to this. for the rest of it, i would say that i don't know if there are "evil people who want to f with a kid and ruin his career" and never implied that. i did state that if the choice would've been entirely up to the athetic dept that curtis would've been permanently kicked off the team and that they actually tried fairly hard to make it happen. i also do not envision other athletic departments acting in the manner in which ours did-actively trying to persuade final rulings, etc. it looks like you don't agree with me and that's ok. it's fun to discuss things with people that have differing viewpoints. also, are you going to vote on any of the csourkys?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »

my god is actually several gods and yeah, bosco was one. there were others though sd and i will never believe that any other athletic dept in the country would've went after curt like ours did. following the rules and kicking someone off for violating them is one thing. actively campaigned and going out of your way is an entirely different thing.

So you truly believe the people that work at the AthDept are just evil people who want to F with a kid and ruin his career? You don't think perhaps there's more info here that they had that you do not have?

Didn't Pat Bosco have all the info?  :dunno:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »

i think you'd be slightly surprised at the amount of info i have in regards to this. for the rest of it, i would say that i don't know if there are "evil people who want to f with a kid and ruin his career" and never implied that. i did state that if the choice would've been entirely up to the athetic dept that curtis would've been permanently kicked off the team and that they actually tried fairly hard to make it happen. i also do not envision other athletic departments acting in the manner in which ours did-actively trying to persuade final rulings, etc. it looks like you don't agree with me and that's ok. it's fun to discuss things with people that have differing viewpoints. also, are you going to vote on any of the csourkys?

It's great that you have sources that talk you about stuff. There is little chance you have all of the info. It might help add context, that's all I'm saying. The people in the AD were acting in the best interest of K-State.

You say you can't envision this happening at other schools... unless you have prior experience working in other AthDepts, I am curious to know how you can knowledgeably compare what happens at K-State to what happens elsewhere. I, however, can speak to this point with some degree of accuracy when I say this kind of thing does indeed happen elsewhere.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2012, 11:55:14 AM »
I'm going to take on some pro bono criminal defense work and try some of the argument strategies I've observed here. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »
[CK Stuff]

It's great that you have sources that talk you about stuff. There is little chance you have all of the info. It might help add context, that's all I'm saying. The people in the AD were acting in the best interest of K-State.

You say you can't envision this happening at other schools... unless you have prior experience working in other AthDepts, I am curious to know how you can knowledgeably compare what happens at K-State to what happens elsewhere. I, however, can speak to this point with some degree of accuracy when I say this kind of thing does indeed happen elsewhere.

So was it in the best interests of K-State to kick CK off the team, or to make it look like they were trying to kick him off, but really we weren't? 

It seems like there were no consequences to not kicking him off that affected K-State in a negative manner.  Our basketball team was better because CK was playing for it, so in that sense it seems like the best interests of K-State were served by not kicking him off.
:adios:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »
hey, fellas, let's try not to turn every single captain crap Q&A into this.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2012, 12:08:23 PM »
I think it's worth repeating that Pat Bosco probably had all the facts.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2012, 12:09:11 PM »
For all practical purposes it has taken on the appearance that John Currie consistently screws with our basketball program.  FWIW

This cannot be disputed.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »
[CK Stuff]

So was it in the best interests of K-State to kick CK off the team, or to make it look like they were trying to kick him off, but really we weren't? 

It seems like there were no consequences to not kicking him off that affected K-State in a negative manner.  Our basketball team was better because CK was playing for it, so in that sense it seems like the best interests of K-State were served by not kicking him off.

I don't know what else I can say. It requires trust on your part that the people in charge of your university athletic program felt they were doing the right thing. They acted as they did with a larger amount of facts than you have available to you. There may well be people out there who disagree with the actions they took, and if you were to speak with them or those close to them, you would hear statements that reflect that disagreement -- which doesn't change the original point, that the people in charge did what they felt was best, knowing full well that it would make some folks unhappy. It happens all the time to people in leadership positions, you get faced with decisions that seem to have no easy answer. So you do what you think is best.

And yes, I realize that me asking you to place some trust in JC is going to be a very tall order for some of you.

And I'm now done with the CK stuff.  :cheers:

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2012, 12:12:38 PM »
hey, fellas, let's try not to turn every single captain crap Q&A into this.

No crap take that BB butthurt elsewhere.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2012, 12:13:13 PM »
For all practical purposes it has taken on the appearance that John Currie consistently screws with our basketball program.  FWIW

This cannot be disputed.

I would dispute that it happens, I would not dispute that some of you believe that appearance exists.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »

thanks for voting for me cc. you are the best

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
Hey CC, when are we getting new uniforms?  Phase 2?

Also, speaking of phases, how is fundraising coming on phases 2 and 3?

How aggressive are we working on completing the master plan, and what year do you think that can reasonably be completed?

Thanks

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »

well i obviously don't know everything that went on. nobody knows everything that went on. but the whole "i can't have a valid opinion because i haven't worked in mulitple athletic departments at multiple schools" thing that you just did seems pretty unnecessary and condescending imo, but i also hold you to an insanely high standard so who knows here.

bottom line for me (and i'll drop it after this i promise) is that the athletic dept tried to convice bosco and company to not let curt play basketball at kstate ever again and although i haven't logged years inside of peer school athletic departments, i don't think it would've went down like that at most other places and i don't think it would've went down like that at kstate five or ten or fifteen years ago either. i don't think most other athletic departments will try as hard as ours did to get a player like curt kicked off the team permanently half way through his senior year. i just don't. they certainly would kick a person off for violating rules or policy or whatever, but i don't think many would actively try to fight an avenue that could lead to him being put back on. ours did.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2012, 12:33:10 PM »
They acted as they did with a larger amount of facts than you have available to you.

Stop saying this.

For the same reasons why you go by "Captain Crap" and not your real name and make sure that you only go so far in what you post here, there are people who were in the rough ridin' rooms when these things went down who give us the info under made-up names and via pm, etc.

I appreciate you coming here and setting forth the Athletic Department's side on things.

EDIT: Daris is a little more tactful than me.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »

well i obviously don't know everything that went on. nobody knows everything that went on. but the whole "i can't have a valid opinion because i haven't worked in mulitple athletic departments at multiple schools" thing that you just did seems pretty unnecessary and condescending imo, but i also hold you to an insanely high standard so who knows here.

that's not what he said

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2012, 12:35:25 PM »

This cannot be disputed.

I would dispute that it happens, I would not dispute that some of you believe that appearance exists.

I just have a small problem with the "trust in JC" approach.  I do not believe he is always credible.

Has Currie interviewed for other jobs in the past year?  Because we know that he has even though he denies it.  Which calls into question his credibility.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2012, 12:36:38 PM »

This cannot be disputed.

I just have a small problem with the "trust in JC" approach.  I do not believe he is always credible.

Has Currie interviewed for other jobs in the past year?  Because we know that he has even though he denies it.  Which calls into question his credibility.

then don't trust in JC.  big deal.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2012, 12:43:12 PM »
We are really blessed to have as many reliable sources as we do.  Sometimes I marvel at it, actually.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »
We are really blessed to have as many reliable sources as we do.  Sometimes I marvel at it, actually.

It's really something else.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »
I'm totally cool with JC continually striving for a big time AD or NCAA job and I get that it consumes his ever waking moment like nothing else.  I get that it consumes him.  It's cool but don't eff up our stuff in that pursuit.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2012, 01:28:56 PM »
the best interest of kstate is to fill the two stadiums on the North end of campus and get as  much positive exposure from those teams as possible.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2012, 01:33:46 PM »
Hi CC  :babywillie:   :cheers:

Someone asked this earlier and you didn't answer, but maybe you just haven't seen it yet or whatever, so I'll ask it again and expand on it with my own:

--How much longer would you speculate, based on your gut or information or whatever, that LHC Bill Snyder will coach here?
--Same question but with John Currie.

And feel free to explain why you're speculating that about either or both.  tia.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2012, 01:37:34 PM »
it's pretty cool that we have sources inside the athletic department that represent both the AD's point of view and the fanbases. meanwhile at gpc they have reporters that call the wrong recruits for interviews.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2012, 01:44:07 PM »
yes, thank you for everyone that gives us information and for captain crap for take the time to visit from time to time and for all of you for participating.  it really is, by far, the best source for Kansas State information and it doesn't cost anyone (except BSAC) a cent. 

goEMAW does not have an agenda other than making Kansas State better.  to do this, we work on the information that people are willing to share with us.  as always, if you know anything you would like to tell us feel free to send me a private message.  I will only post what you give me permission to post.