Author Topic: Kc restaurant suggestions  (Read 472481 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »
:facepalm:
I mean, you can have debt, and still do ok. You guys are really overreacting on this one.

You are terrible at money.
Thanks for sharing Kim Carnes.  :cheers:
Also, you guys are pretty rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if you think I spend every paycheck on student loans. A lot of ppl have student loans. I'm pretty conservative with my money. I probably only eat out 2-4 times a month, if that!

I think you are the one overreacting to our reaction.
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2013, 12:20:31 PM »
:facepalm:
I mean, you can have debt, and still do ok. You guys are really overreacting on this one.

You are terrible at money.
Thanks for sharing Kim Carnes.  :cheers:
Also, you guys are pretty rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if you think I spend every paycheck on student loans. A lot of ppl have student loans. I'm pretty conservative with my money. I probably only eat out 2-4 times a month, if that!

I think you are the one overreacting to our reaction.
Touche.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2013, 12:24:35 PM »
i have student loans.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »
Jun's was good the time I went there.  I usually end up at Nara for sushi...nothing groundbreaking.  The lunch buffet at Kobe by the P&L is pretty good for all you can eat sushi.  California Rolls and everything!!!!  Drunken Fish is pretty horrible in my experiences but have an awesome roof deck.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 15, 2013, 07:38:01 PM »
Jun's was good the time I went there.  I usually end up at Nara for sushi...nothing groundbreaking.  The lunch buffet at Kobe by the P&L is pretty good for all you can eat sushi.  California Rolls and everything!!!!  Drunken Fish is pretty horrible in my experiences but have an awesome roof deck.

ate at Juns last month.  I've had better sushi at 2 places in Topeka.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 15, 2013, 07:40:32 PM »

who knew Topeka was such a sushi hub????  :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 15, 2013, 07:43:19 PM »
Juns used to be great, sucks to hear it sucks now.

Good reccomendos so far.  Beer kitchen and grinders are good food fairly kid friendly but not overly so.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 15, 2013, 07:44:55 PM »
kobe has a lunch sushi buffet? holy cow.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 15, 2013, 08:03:51 PM »
Got hotdogs and a brat from Franks on the blvd tonight.  pretty tasty

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 15, 2013, 08:04:36 PM »
Just go to City Market on a Saturday, stick the kids in the bounce castle then go eat at Habashi House/Carollos/Burrito Bros/Hien Vuong

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 15, 2013, 08:12:25 PM »

Need to check that place out.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 15, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »

Need to check that place out.

Good, nice family runs it.  $11.35 for Sheboygan, Chicago dog, regular dog and order of fries.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 15, 2013, 10:07:09 PM »
Just looked at their menu. Will eat lunch at on Friday  :thumbs:

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 15, 2013, 10:47:56 PM »
Thanks for all the input fellas it is appreciated.  We will be staying at the race track.   Saturday is Worlds of Fun for a good portion of the day, might try one of the West Port suggestions on our way back.  Crown Center on Sunday so will probs hit one of the suggestions in that area.  Monday we will be visiting family in Topeka on our way back home.   :surprised: I like sushi!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 15, 2013, 10:56:28 PM »
Thanks for all the input fellas it is appreciated.  We will be staying at the race track.   Saturday is Worlds of Fun for a good portion of the day, might try one of the West Port suggestions on our way back.  Crown Center on Sunday so will probs hit one of the suggestions in that area.  Monday we will be visiting family in Topeka on our way back home.   :surprised: I like sushi!

You know the racetrack and wof couldn't be further from each other?

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 15, 2013, 10:58:37 PM »

You know the racetrack and wof couldn't be further from each other?

Yeah it's all free.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 15, 2013, 11:02:14 PM »

Crown Center has some fun places to eat depending on kid ages....younger like under 10 (I guess, not blessed with children) Fritz's and Crayola Cafe are fun for kids.  Streetcar named desire is a weird place that actually had good burgers when I ate there years ago.  Gates if you want quick BBQ or Jack Stack if you want nice is probably where I'd hit on Sunday if not those other places.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Kc restaurant suggestions
« Reply #467 on: May 15, 2013, 11:15:41 PM »
kids are like aliens to me, sorry bloodfart but I have to recuse myself from making any recommendos in this situ

my recommendos reputo just means too much to me to risk when kids are involved, I don't know what they like and I could end up dropping a garbage recommendo which obvs would impact my reputo in the recommendo game

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 15, 2013, 11:27:15 PM »
kids are like aliens to me, sorry bloodfart but I have to recuse myself from making any recommendos in this situ

my recommendos reputo just means too much to me to risk when kids are involved, I don't know what they like and I could end up dropping a garbage recommendo which obvs would impact my reputo in the recommendo game

Sometimes you just got to let it fly....

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 16, 2013, 09:34:03 AM »

Crown Center has some fun places to eat depending on kid ages....younger like under 10 (I guess, not blessed with children) Fritz's and Crayola Cafe are fun for kids.  Streetcar named desire is a weird place that actually had good burgers when I ate there years ago.  Gates if you want quick BBQ or Jack Stack if you want nice is probably where I'd hit on Sunday if not those other places.
as someone with kids,  I can say with full confidence the food at  Fritz's sucks and Crayola is only marginally better but they do serve beer.   

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 16, 2013, 09:37:49 AM »
i've heard the food at fritz's sucks, but do kids care?  they have trains.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 16, 2013, 09:51:35 AM »

who knew Topeka was such a sushi hub????  :dunno:

that's not an endorsement of Topeka (especially since the best sushi place closed) but an indictment of how much Jun's sucked.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 16, 2013, 09:56:32 AM »
i've heard the food at fritz's sucks, but do kids care?  they have trains.
true, the goddamn ingrates hardly eat anything.   I will say the  OG Fritz's in kck is the best of a bad bunch and not nearly as crowded on any given Saturday

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 16, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »
FYI, this thread is about making fun of ChiCat's farmageddon hotel out in the hood of the plaza that was far away from all the pak'ing.

chi pak'd with us at JJ's though, was that farmageddon?  i wanted him to pick up the hot black chick but chi wasn't down.

Back on the topic of Kona's locale, I'd say it's on the western side by a smidge.  At least I think of it as more western than eastern.

You know what I always forget about being on the East Side?  Grand Street Cafe.  That's a great place.  I wish they would move to the real plaza.
This place is great. Tried it for the first time and would go back.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 16, 2013, 05:11:59 PM »

as someone with kids,  I can say with full confidence the food at  Fritz's sucks and Crayola is only marginally better but they do serve beer.

Notice I never said good food in reference to those two.