Author Topic: clams, is Kona eastside or westside?  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
clams, is Kona eastside or westside?
« on: December 10, 2010, 04:26:21 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: clams, is Kona eastside or westside?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 07:24:32 AM »
not east or west, its middle.  about a block from me.  i woke up wednesday night when the cop cars were all going down there, I heard 4 or 5 of them and they were stopping on ward parkway.  i assumed it was either a car wreck on ward or a fight at the falloon.  turned out to be neither.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 07:39:29 AM »
Police tracked one suspect to a strip club east of downtown

Yeah, after I kill a guy from punching him in the face I always enjoy seeing some tits

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 07:54:24 AM »
not east or west, its middle.  about a block from me. 

JFC, I figured it must've been way east over in the hood ChiCat likes to stay in.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »

JFC, I figured it must've been way east over in the hood ChiCat likes to stay in.

There was a story in the Star this summer about that hood.  Said that there is more people serving time for violent crimes in that zip code per pop, than any other zip in the nation(or something like that).   :surprised:

To be fair, it is a very small zip.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 10:20:59 AM »
Technically the Plaza could be considered South Central  :dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 11:20:17 AM »

that's where rusty used to live.  should have seen me the day of the first ever KATPAK when i was trying to find his house to pick him up for the royals game that saul JTKSU'd us at.   :ohno:

now that i think about it, you guys gave him a ride home.  i bet you made it out alive b/c you had jaymart w/ you.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 11:22:24 AM »

There was a story in the Star this summer about that hood.  Said that there is more people serving time for violent crimes in that zip code per pop, than any other zip in the nation(or something like that).   :surprised:

link or you're full of crap.  i think you're full of crap.  independance ave, north by i-70 is much worse.  most people in the zip trim is referring to are art students and young families, sprinkled in with criminals, but not saturated like other parts of the city.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 11:24:33 AM »
Police tracked one suspect to a strip club east of downtown

Yeah, after I kill a guy from punching him in the face I always enjoy seeing some tits

funny thing is i was on my sun porch before i went to bed, at like 10:45 or so and there was a large group of really drunk people - girls and guys, walking in the middle of the street headed towards kona.  usually i don't see that on wednesday night, it's generally pretty quiet. and i thought it was weird that they were so drunk and still partying on.  i wonder if they were involved.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 12:06:57 PM »

that's where rusty used to live.  should have seen me the day of the first ever KATPAK when i was trying to find his house to pick him up for the royals game that saul JTKSU'd us at.   :ohno:

now that i think about it, you guys gave him a ride home.  i bet you made it out alive b/c you had jaymart w/ you.

The Delorean guy led us to safety.  Time travel may or may not have been involved.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 12:16:49 PM »
not east or west, its middle.  about a block from me.  

There was a story in the Star this summer about that hood.  Said that there is more people serving time for violent crimes in that zip code per pop, than any other zip in the nation(or something like that).   :surprised:

link or you're full of crap.  i think you're full of crap.  independance ave, north by i-70 is much worse.  most people in the zip trim is referring to are art students and young families, sprinkled in with criminals, but not saturated like other parts of the city.

http://www.kansascity.com/2009/01/24/999590/murder-factory-part-1-64130-the.html

Here you go.  I was wrong on the "nation(or something like that)" part.  It is in all of MO though.   So, I am partly full of crap due to a bad part of the memory.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:23:36 PM by CNS Casey »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 12:42:10 PM »
64130 isnt where we were talking about

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 01:07:53 PM »
FYI, this thread is about making fun of ChiCat's farmageddon hotel out in the hood of the plaza that was far away from all the pak'ing.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 03:04:23 PM »
FYI, this thread is about making fun of ChiCat's farmageddon hotel out in the hood of the plaza that was far away from all the pak'ing.

chi pak'd with us at JJ's though, was that farmageddon?  i wanted him to pick up the hot black chick but chi wasn't down.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 03:13:36 PM »

chi pak'd with us at JJ's though, was that farmageddon?  i wanted him to pick up the hot black chick but chi wasn't down.

Back on the topic of Kona's locale, I'd say it's on the western side by a smidge.  At least I think of it as more western than eastern.

You know what I always forget about being on the East Side?  Grand Street Cafe.  That's a great place.  I wish they would move to the real plaza.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 03:21:19 PM »

Yeah that was it.  We met you there after finding that KJ's was closed.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »

Yeah that was it.  We met you there after finding that KJ's was closed.

I wasn't not down, but wasn't pak'd enough to give it the 110%.  Don't think it was happening anyways, tho

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 09:37:34 PM »
From my own experience at Kona Grill, I'm not surprised this happened.  I left pretty much wanting to punch someone in the face and kill them.