Author Topic: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread  (Read 191111 times)

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »
butthurt over the expedition of hiring a staff is one of the best kinds of butthurt.
Equate "butthurt" to being angry and equate "not butthurt" to being happy. Now, tell me this, using happy or angry, how do you feel about the amount of time it is taking Webster to hire his staff? Agnostic is not a choice.

.....welcome to the butthurt!

Without knowing who is ultimately on staff, why would anyone possibly be upset about this?  Let's say Weber steals the top assistant from Duke and Butler's current head coach to be our last two bench assistants -- three months from now.  You'll be upset over the timing?  I don't give a rat's ass about the timing.  I'll wait and judge the process from the end results.

People are simply choosing to be upset about this as a spillover from other things they're upset about.  I don't see the point in that.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
Yep, we all just need to wait and see.

I mean, what if oscar wins like 25 games 5 yrs from now.  I am going to just wait and give him time.  I mean, you don't know what will happen...

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2012, 03:58:36 PM »

I mean, what if oscar wins like 25 games 5 yrs from now.  I am going to just wait and give him time.  I mean, you don't know what will happen...

who knows? Heck, he's been to the national title game. Give me one good reason it won't happen again in two years. YOU CAN'T DO IT SO I GUESS YOU JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »
people are butthurt over the lack of hiring of assistants because they are being deprived of the opportunity to be butthurt over the hiring of assistants.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »

who knows? Heck, he's been to the national title game. Give me one good reason it won't happen again in two years. YOU CAN'T DO IT SO I GUESS YOU JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!

WAIT AND SEE

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2012, 04:13:44 PM »
people are butthurt over the lack of hiring of assistants because they are being deprived of the opportunity to be butthurt over the hiring of assistants.

maybe not. GIVE US A CHANCE.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2012, 04:18:30 PM »
butthurt over the expedition of hiring a staff is one of the best kinds of butthurt.
Equate "butthurt" to being angry and equate "not butthurt" to being happy. Now, tell me this, using happy or angry, how do you feel about the amount of time it is taking Webster to hire his staff? Agnostic is not a choice.

Without knowing who is ultimately on staff, why would anyone possibly be upset about this?  Let's say Weber steals the top assistant from Duke and Butler's current head coach to be our last two bench assistants -- three months from now.  You'll be upset over the timing?  I don't give a rat's ass about the timing.  I'll wait and judge the process from the end results.

People are simply choosing to be upset about this as a spillover from other things they're upset about.  I don't see the point in that.

Disagree.  Not saying that there isn't some residual team burn it down butt hurt coming through, but the timing is a big deal.  The open recruiting period is upon us, and we are at half staff with the distraction of needing to hire 2 assistants still looming.  This is a significant failure.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »
Whelp, here we go.

So much for a proven recruiter on the staff.  eff me.

rob@gpc

ADMIN
Post #2721
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Shawn Forrest   Reply
As we reported, former North Texas assistant Shawn Forrest interviewed at Kansas State.

He will not be an assistant on oscar Weber's staff, though. Forrest interviewed for the head coaching job at North Texas early this week. If he does not get that gig, he is expected to follow Johnny Jones to LSU and serve as an assistant.

A decision on the North Texas job should come no later than Wednesday of next week.

-Rob

Posted on 4/18 4:04 PM | IP: Logged

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2012, 04:22:56 PM »
Whelp, here we go.

rob@gpc

ADMIN
Post #2721
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Shawn Forrest   Reply
As we reported, former North Texas assistant Shawn Forrest interviewed at Kansas State.

He will not be an assistant on oscar Weber's staff, though. Forrest interviewed for the head coaching job at North Texas early this week. If he does not get that gig, he is expected to follow Johnny Jones to LSU and serve as an assistant.

A decision on the North Texas job should come no later than Wednesday of next week.

-Rob

who knows, oscar may have someone better ready to sign when Currie gets back from the Bahamas and can approve it.  WHO KNOWS?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
 :bawl:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2012, 04:28:08 PM »

Great post

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2012, 04:46:09 PM »
Whelp, here we go.

rob@gpc

ADMIN
Post #2721
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore   
Shawn Forrest   Reply

-Rob

That is disappointing for sure.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2012, 04:49:47 PM »
lol at this coach/staff

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »
Here comes a bunch of losers no one has ever heard of or that were just fired for being bad at their job.

oscar needs to just say eff it and go hire some really dirty guys that only care about being dirty and getting paid, then pay them a bunch and let them be dirty.

I mean, there has to be plenty of those guys around, right?

Put a fork in us.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2012, 04:53:40 PM »
MY   COACHING STAFF IS ON THE FLOOR!!!1!
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »
lol at this coach/staff

I'm waiting to lol when it's done.

Then I'll probably cry.

It had potential, though.  Could have been something.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »
So are we back to Beane and Zieler?  Begging Undy back?  Calling Gottlieb?  I mean, Gottlieb is on record saying oscar is a good coach....

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »

I don't know about where you guys work, but when my office hires we always start by targeting the least-qualified candidates first. When they reject us, then we move on to the better candidates.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2012, 05:15:24 PM »
How many coaches do you really need for basketball anyway?  I mean there can only be 5 players on the floor at once.  Do we need a coach for each player?  Seems like overkill to me.  When I watch the games the head coach and maybe, MAYBE the guy next to him are the only ones who say anything.  Those other jokers in suits just sit there and herp derp the whole game!!!
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2012, 05:30:37 PM »
Time to take the K-State basketball program out behind the woodshed and shoot it.  Put this thing out of its misery.  You are worse than SMU now, for goodness sake. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
Time to take the K-State basketball program out behind the woodshed and shoot it.  Put this thing out of its misery.  You are worse than SMU now, for goodness sake.

Head to head on court, not yet, but it can't be long, right?

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »
lol at this coach/staff

I'm waiting to lol when it's done.

Then I'll probably cry.

It had potential, though.  Could have been something.

Right, but we knew this wouldn't work out in our favor.

The sad thing is, he'll hire a bunch of Mo Valley louses, and then won't fire any of them for under-performance when they sh*t the bed on the recruiting trail over the next five years.  And the tards will dust off the time honored, bullsh*t excuse about not being able to recruit to Manhattan.

oscar Weber, we're in it for the long haul, folks!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2012, 06:13:51 PM »

ummmm Beems you seem to be neither WAITING or SEEING.    :shakesfist:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2012, 06:25:06 PM »
lol at this coach/staff
so butthurt so so butthurt

Offline steve dave