Author Topic: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread  (Read 192097 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »
Relax, it's only Tuesday.

The problem is last Friday, he said he anticipated the coaching staff would be in place by this Monday or Tuesday.

So, the longer this protracts, it leads me to believe that his top targets are not committing and he's moving on to back up plans.

In the case of Jerrance Howard, it only takes so much time to resolve a contract. 

Any chance fanning posted a pretty funny joke running back the DJDT food truck "relax, it's sunday" incident?
  :peek:

I mean, I doubt it.  I think you were still as 'tarded as it gets back then.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2012, 03:09:58 PM »
I pay for it. You get alot from guys on the board who are plugged in. Sometimes Rob and Gates have stuff.

I don't pay for it, but I have a login. As far as I can tell, the people who are "plugged in" usually just get their info off of this board and repost it over there.

This.  Nothing ever gets broke over.  goEMAW is more ITK than all his posters combined.

You may well be right. I used to follow you guys a little at the old site. It was a bit too rough for me at the time. I though most of the edgy humor was funny but I struggled with all the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) jokes (I have a daughter with special needs). Those a much less plentiful now, and I have thicker skin, but that was the main reason I could handle GPC and not come over here. I will freely admit that lots more bball info comes through goEMAW. I will let you know after a football season on goEMAW if I feel the same. If it turns out to be the case, I will certainly be full time switching. My wife will be happy to have the $9.95 a month.

Offline Catchup

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »

You may well be right. I used to follow you guys a little at the old site. It was a bit too rough for me at the time. I though most of the edgy humor was funny but I struggled with all the respect jokes (I have a daughter with special needs). Those a much less plentiful now, and I have thicker skin, but that was the main reason I could handle GPC and not come over here. I will freely admit that lots more bball info comes through goEMAW. I will let you know after a football season on goEMAW if I feel the same. If it turns out to be the case, I will certainly be full time switching. My wife will be happy to have the $9.95 a month.

Catchup, I'm the V.P. of Member Relations.
[/quote]

Do I get a handjob or something?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »

You may well be right. I used to follow you guys a little at the old site. It was a bit too rough for me at the time. I though most of the edgy humor was funny but I struggled with all the respect jokes (I have a daughter with special needs). Those a much less plentiful now, and I have thicker skin, but that was the main reason I could handle GPC and not come over here. I will freely admit that lots more bball info comes through goEMAW. I will let you know after a football season on goEMAW if I feel the same. If it turns out to be the case, I will certainly be full time switching. My wife will be happy to have the $9.95 a month.

[/quote]

and you wonder why your kid is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2012, 03:34:23 PM »
what on earth

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
and you wonder why your kid is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

Dude...

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2012, 03:41:14 PM »

[/quote] Not so OK Cat post

Offline Catchup

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2012, 03:48:15 PM »
OK Cat I'm not sure your good at science.

:jerk: does not cause disabilities. BTW its autism not retardation so that you can be more specificin condescending. Eventually I will lose it and hope you get kidnapped and sodomized, but I'm not there yet.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »

The problem is last Friday, he said he anticipated the coaching staff would be in place by this Monday or Tuesday.

So, the longer this protracts, it leads me to believe that his top targets are not committing and he's moving on to back up plans.

In the case of Jerrance Howard, it only takes so much time to resolve a contract.

Well, if Howard is going to SMU, and Forrest is really up for the UNT gig, that explains why we haven't heard anything.

I assume we're waiting on Forrest's status and what Howard plans on doing.  If Howard goes to SMU, and Forrest gets the UNT job, we may end up moving down the totem pole a bit.

Which would obviously be a bad, bad thing.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »

Well, if Howard is going to SMU, and Forrest is really up for the UNT gig, that explains why we haven't heard anything.

I assume we're waiting on Forrest's status and what Howard plans on doing.  If Howard goes to SMU, and Forrest gets the UNT job, we may end up moving down the totem pole a bit.

Looking like it.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

Looking like it.

Would take Zeigler and Forrest, though.

Offline Catchup

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
I don't see why we would not have already named Zeigler if that was going to happen.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
I don't see why we would not have already named Zeigler if that was going to happen.

:dunno:

Maybe it was an either/or between Howard and Ziegler?  Forrest and his Texas ties may be independent of that decision.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2012, 10:05:26 PM »
I would be really disappointed if we didn't end up with Forrest, now that Howard is off the table.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
I can't wait for all the Weber supporters to start up the "he kept the whole team here. isn't that enough for you?" talking points after we miss out on Howard and Forrest.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2012, 10:19:48 PM »
i guess weber wasn't lying when he said that he really had no idea who his staff would be during the presser. the best part was when people were all "guys, he's just waiting to offically hire them so they can go dirty recruit for a while". i mean yeah, oscar weber was doing that. :lol: :lol:  :lol:

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2012, 10:33:02 PM »
OK Cat I'm not sure your good at science.

:jerk: does not cause disabilities. BTW its autism not retardation so that you can be more specificin condescending. Eventually I will lose it and hope you get kidnapped and sodomized, but I'm not there yet.

i'm not sure why you'd be offended by the word "Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)" (it's a term, btw, not a joke).  Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) refers to stupid people, like john currie or oscar weber, not to smart people that prefer not to interact with the retards of the world, like your daughter.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2012, 11:40:40 AM »
Man, our BB prog is old yeller and we got rabies like a mother.  These last two hires are going to be a wonderfully bullet-like release.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »
We'll end up with Wooly type AC's, who would want to work for the squeeky little bastard anyhow

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2012, 12:07:20 PM »
I can't wait for all the Weber supporters to start up the "he kept the whole team here. isn't that enough for you?" talking points after we miss out on Howard and Forrest.

Forrest is going to be a candidate for the UNT HC job, so I feel pretty good about the thought that we're probably holding a spot for him (if he doesn't follow Jones to LSU).

The Howard thing was probably a surprise.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2012, 01:11:26 PM »

Forrest is going to be a candidate for the UNT HC job, so I feel pretty good about the thought that we're probably holding a spot for him (if he doesn't follow Jones to LSU).

So at best, we are Forrest's 3rd option. Howard chose not to work with him. Has he called Dougie yet?
This is pathetic that he can't get a staff hired.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »
butthurt over the expedition of hiring a staff is one of the best kinds of butthurt.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2012, 01:23:59 PM »

So at best, we are Forrest's 3rd option. Howard chose not to work with him. Has he called Dougie yet?
This is pathetic that he can't get a staff hired.

No one knows that for sure.  I would say we are at worst his second option because becoming a D1 head coach is on a different level of decision making than deciding what program you'd like to be an assistant for.

He came and interviewed after Jones interviewed for LSU.  So, if he was sure Johnny was going to get the LSU job and follow him, why would he have wasted his time coming here unless there was serious interest?

If I'm Forrest, and my bread and butter is Texas recruiting, maybe I'm wanting to stick in a conference where we play in Texas four times a year to keep my exposure in that area as opposed to LSU, who will play there one time (unless we're talking non-con).

The Big 12 is the conference of Texas, after all.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2012, 01:36:07 PM »
butthurt over the expedition of hiring a staff is one of the best kinds of butthurt.
Equate "butthurt" to being angry and equate "not butthurt" to being happy. Now, tell me this, using happy or angry, how do you feel about the amount of time it is taking Webster to hire his staff? Agnostic is not a choice.

.....welcome to the butthurt!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2012, 02:07:21 PM »
Equate "butthurt" to being angry and equate "not butthurt" to being happy. Now, tell me this, using happy or angry, how do you feel about the amount of time it is taking Webster to hire his staff? Agnostic is not a choice.

.....welcome to the butthurt!

welcome to butthurt gibberish.