Author Topic: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread  (Read 188352 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
UNT poster on TOS saying Forrest has gone to LSU.      :chainsaw:

that wouldn't be very good news.  link to the thread mikey?  you can post them here, we don't give a crap.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2671&t=8903008

This isn't true at this point.  He's still in the running for the UNT job.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2012, 03:07:53 PM »
UNT poster on TOS saying Forrest has gone to LSU.      :chainsaw:

that wouldn't be very good news.  link to the thread mikey?  you can post them here, we don't give a crap.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2671&t=8903008

This isn't true at this point.  He's still in the running for the UNT job.

ha, I was gonna say that I read that Wake Forest's coach was hired, but I guess that's for the UNT estroball.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »
If we don't get Forrest or Howard....
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »
If we don't get Forrest or Howard....

It feels like odds are pretty high that we'll get at least one of the two.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »
well...it's tuesday...

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2012, 09:31:02 AM »
Welp, it appears that the infamous K-State sports coverage "cone of silence" has solidly been implemented, preventing any and all basketball related news from being reported with the exception of the Manhattan Mercury.

I realize FITZ and staff are sitting on this info, but it's perplexing that there isn't anything credible whatsoever pertaining to the final two staff members and the timeline?

In other news, D_Scott broke the story that Sean Lowe is a contestant on The Bachelorette.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:38 AM »
In other news, D_Scott broke the story that Sean Lowe is a contestant on The Bachelorette.

No, bringonthecats (the goEMAW poster, not the website) did.  D.Scott ran with it.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »

No, bringonthecats (the goEMAW poster, not the website) did.  D.Scott ran with it.

Not surprising. D_Scott is really good at retweeting things.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »

Hence, proving that we (guys with limited connections) know more than D. Scott.

Except about sandwiches.  He knows a good sandwich when he sees it.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2012, 09:56:56 AM »
do they just not know how to go about getting this kind of information or are they just too lazy to try. i'm leaning towards both.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2012, 09:59:10 AM »
do they just not know how to go about getting this kind of information or are they just too lazy to try. i'm leaning towards both.
I would say from my experience in Pitt that it's both of these and the fact that nobody ITK wants to tell them anything. I mean when a super pak'd fanning can walk up to a suit and get the story in 2 minutes, that tells you something.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2012, 10:00:29 AM »
I would say from my experience in Pitt that it's both of these and the fact that nobody ITK wants to tell them anything. I mean when a super pak'd fanning can walk up to a suit and get the story in 2 minutes, that tells you something.

If D. Scott or Wallace walked up to you and asked for sensitive information, would you do it?

I'm leaning towards, uh, no.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2012, 10:02:18 AM »

If D. Scott or Wallace walked up to you and asked for sensitive information, would you do it?

I'm leaning towards, uh, no.
  :thumbs:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »

Both.  Twitter also appears to be one of their best sources.  DJamer Ryan Wallace is very good at using twitter for his investigative reporting, for instance, because of his lack credibility and he's not very good with interacting socially with people.  D_Scott appears to be mildly Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  FITZ simply doesn't seem to care.  And Rob Cassidy appears to be the one that actually does any sort of substantive journalistic work.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:25:07 AM by wabash909 »

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2012, 10:25:11 AM »
crap hit the fan with "It's Patterson!"
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »
And that leads us to Cole Manbeck.  Thank God for Cole Manbeck.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »
Cole Manbeck has been getting all the KState scoops lately

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2012, 10:29:27 AM »
Both.  Twitter also appears to be one of their best sources.  DJamer Ryan Wallace is very good at using twitter for his investigative reporting, for instance, because of his lack credibility and he's not very good with interacting socially with people.  D_Scott appears to be mildly Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  FITZ simply doesn't seem to care.  And Rob Cassidy appears to be the one that actually does any sort of substantive journalistic work.

The guy needs to go to Toastmasters.  For God's sake, his presentation skills are atrocious AND HE HAS RECORDED SEGMENTS THAT HE CAN EDIT OUT ALL OF HIS MISTAKES AND CHOOSES NOT TO.

He can't write, he can't broadcast, and he's not funny.  In my opinion, of all of the things that ever went wrong with that site, the final straw was Ryan Wallace.  He was one of the biggest tipping points for me.  I wasn't going to pay for a service that shoved that clown down my throat.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2012, 10:39:29 AM »

The guy needs to go to Toastmasters.  For God's sake, his presentation skills are atrocious AND HE HAS RECORDED SEGMENTS THAT HE CAN EDIT OUT ALL OF HIS MISTAKES AND CHOOSES NOT TO.

He can't write, he can't broadcast, and he's not funny.  In my opinion, of all of the things that ever went wrong with that site, the final straw was Ryan Wallace.  He was one of the biggest tipping points for me.  I wasn't going to pay for a service that shoved that clown down my throat.

Don't forget the fact that on top of it all he's an arrogant prick. Don't get me wrong - I love it when talented people are arrogant pricks, but not terrible people who are terrible at everything in life like Ryan Wallace.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »
He's also very lazy.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2012, 10:46:55 AM »

Don't forget the fact that on top of it all he's an arrogant prick. Don't get me wrong - I love it when talented people are arrogant pricks, but not terrible people who are terrible at everything in life like Ryan Wallace.

The condescension is so laughable from him.  Just such a complete dumbass punk on so many levels. 

He's like the polar opposite of Cassidy, who I really have grown to like.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »

well, don't get too attached...

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2012, 10:50:21 AM »

well, don't get too attached...

NNNNNNOOO!!!!!!!  :bawl:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2012, 10:51:02 AM »
There was a time when Fitz and gopowercat were both really good; the best K-State sports news out there. Fitz did a ton of work and really is very knowledgable about football and basketball. His site was unique in a time whem most people still got their sports info with the morning paper. In the last several years the analysis part of the site and recruiting has definitely dropped off while K-State beat writers, etc have gotten much more involved with blogs and twitter (starting with J-Mart really) Things that used to be unique to gopowercat as far as immediate K-State info are now pretty common. I think part of that is also due to burning bridges with the Patterson deal and others, but alot is just not adjusting. Fitz leaves most of the work to his employees and a lot of that is not analysis or breaking news.

But it really doesn't have to change, most of the subscibers seem fine with how things are, many still get the print magazine. When you have several thousand (at least, nearly 2900 on line last month for their message board record) subscibers paying $100 a year or $10 a month I'm sure its easy to keep things as they are. Plus I'm sure new subscibers even out the people that stop subscribing, gopowercat is pretty set to be what it is.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2012, 10:57:02 AM »
There was a time when Fitz and gopowercat were both really good; the best K-State sports news out there. Fitz did a ton of work and really is very knowledgable about football and basketball. His site was unique in a time whem most people still got their sports info with the morning paper. In the last several years the analysis part of the site and recruiting has definitely dropped off while K-State beat writers, etc have gotten much more involved with blogs and twitter (starting with J-Mart really) Things that used to be unique to gopowercat as far as immediate K-State info are now pretty common. I think part of that is also due to burning bridges with the Patterson deal and others, but alot is just not adjusting. Fitz leaves most of the work to his employees and a lot of that is not analysis or breaking news.

But it really doesn't have to change, most of the subscibers seem fine with how things are, many still get the print magazine. When you have several thousand (at least, nearly 2900 on line last month for their message board record) subscibers paying $100 a year or $10 a month I'm sure its easy to keep things as they are. Plus I'm sure new subscibers even out the people that stop subscribing, gopowercat is pretty set to be what it is.

it's frustrating though. i mean, i'd even be willing to pay the money if there was absolutely anything over there to pay for. there just isn't. hell, i have a log in that i can use to get on, but have not felt the need to go over there for anything in at least six months, probably closer to a year.