Author Topic: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread  (Read 188676 times)

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2012, 11:04:36 AM »
Fitz and Kietz are fairly similar.  Aggressive, hard working and eager in their professional infancy.  Then, they both "made it." 

Where do they go from here?  Nowhere.  They're both at the top.  And they have no competition eating into their market.  He has a respectably modest income flowing in ever month and this won't change anytime soon.   

Fitz has no incentive to work harder.  Why would he?  Would any of us?  If you got paid to produce a crap product and the consumer never asked questions, why would you work harder?  Pretty simple economics.     

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2012, 11:08:44 AM »
Fitz and Kietz are fairly similar.  Aggressive, hard working and eager in their professional infancy.  Then, they both "made it." 

Where do they go from here?  Nowhere.  They're both at the top.  And they have no competition eating into their market.  He has a respectably modest income flowing in ever month and this won't change anytime soon.   

Fitz has no incentive to work harder.  Why would he?  Would any of us?  If you got paid to produce a crap product and the consumer never asked questions, why would you work harder?  Pretty simple economics.     
You sound like a lazy, uninspired, bad person.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »

All things considered, Belvis is right.  Fitz has no incentive to improve his product because GPC has the market cornered, and the fact that he's affiliated with Rivals (which is the strongest of the recruiting services from a football standpoint) makes it unlikely GPC is going to lose any market share any time in the near future.

Offline Catchup

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2012, 11:24:53 AM »
I pay for it. You get alot from guys on the board who are plugged in. Sometimes Rob and Gates have stuff.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2012, 11:26:50 AM »
I pay for it. You get alot from guys on the board who are plugged in. Sometimes Rob and Gates have stuff.

I don't pay for it, but I have a login. As far as I can tell, the people who are "plugged in" usually just get their info off of this board and repost it over there.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »
Kietz is still interesting from time to time. Fitz seems is intersting, but only to point and laugh at.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
If bp posted more He's worth probably 3 dollars a month.  but not 10.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2012, 11:30:23 AM »

All things considered, Belvis is right.  Fitz has no incentive to improve his product because GPC has the market cornered, and the fact that he's affiliated with Rivals (which is the strongest of the recruiting services from a football standpoint) makes it unlikely GPC is going to lose any market share any time in the near future.
Ya, it's funny. Back in 04' when I was a day dreaming young pup "sports journalist" in Mass Comm 100, Fitz spoke to our class about his concerns. His biggest concern he told the class: "What will happen to my magazine sells the day Snyder retires? What will happen to GPC once the football team has a down year? ect.". To me, it sounded like a different Fitz back then. I respected him, did several interviews with him for radio/ch.8. Just never saw the day where I'd read fart/vodka/creepy jokes from him on twitter.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »

I don't pay for it, but I have a login. As far as I can tell, the people who are "plugged in" usually just get their info off of this board and repost it over there.

This.  Nothing ever gets broke over.  goEMAW is more ITK than all his posters combined.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2012, 11:33:14 AM »
I honestly feel that Fitz thinks he is simply selling a portal to the rivals info and that anything else is cream. 

Also, as far as bb goes, as soon as the first idiot starts talking about Spring Game, it gets enough other idiots interested in nothing but Spring Game and all of a sudden no one could give a crap about finding anything out about basketball.  So the work that is done is to satisfy idiots with regard to football and basketball is forgotten.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »
So... there's nothing new on the coaches.   :blank:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2012, 12:19:24 PM »
IceCreamMan on 810 now. Says wants to finalize staff by end of next wk. "Looking for right fit"

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2012, 12:26:48 PM »

This.  Nothing ever gets broke over.  goEMAW is more ITK than all his posters combined.

Well if you're going to pay $10 a month you want to feel like there are ITK posters.

In fact there are ITK posters on GPC, they know about plumbers, mechanics, etc etc, but they don't know crap about basketball

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2012, 12:31:26 PM »
IceCreamMan on 810 now. Says wants to finalize staff by end of next wk. "Looking for right fit"

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Could anyone come up with a little chart showing all the different deadlines Bubbles McCustard has set and blown by regarding assembling a coaching staff by now? Seems like we're up to 4 or 5?

Maybe we could just do a consolidated Currie/McCustard lies thread?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »
Relax, it's only Tuesday.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »

The problem is last Friday, he said he anticipated the coaching staff would be in place by this Monday or Tuesday.

So, the longer this protracts, it leads me to believe that his top targets are not committing and he's moving on to back up plans.

In the case of Jerrance Howard, it only takes so much time to resolve a contract. 
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2012, 01:31:54 PM »
maybe john currie isn't done playing pirates of the carribean on his carnival cruise so b-dub can't get anyone hired :dunno:

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »

Ya, it's funny. Back in 04' when I was a day dreaming young pup "sports journalist" in Mass Comm 100, Fitz spoke to our class about his concerns. His biggest concern he told the class: "What will happen to my magazine sells the day Snyder retires? What will happen to GPC once the football team has a down year? ect.". To me, it sounded like a different Fitz back then. I respected him, did several interviews with him for radio/ch.8. Just never saw the day where I'd read fart/vodka/creepy jokes from him on twitter.

I use to pay for that site, then realized that he didn't know crap anymore and I was paying for hoping one of the other posters would break something.  I follow fitz on twitter and would say that his creepy jokes make it easy to not pay him for his site.  I feel bad for Rob, maybe he will get one of those jobs he interviewed for and get away from the fat man.

Offline stobblebobby

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2012, 01:50:46 PM »
maybe john currie isn't done playing pirates of the carribean on his carnival cruise so b-dub can't get anyone hired :dunno:

ADJC: "oscar my man, welcome aboard!"
BW: "Hi John. Umm.. John, I'm a little bit concerned about that whole Frank Martin thing? I mean, I don't mean to be rufflin' any feathers here, but, well... how much authority will I have over the Basketball program."

"Oh you'll be just fine here buddy, don't you worry about it. I'm glad you brought it up though - here's a pen. I want you to take that and write down the names of a few guys you think might be good assistant coaches. When you're done with the list, go ahead and leave it on my desk. I'm going to go on a cruise now, so don't you go talking to any of the coaches or anything. In fact, when you're done with that list how about you go pick out a few options for your sideline dry-erase board for next season and... well hell, grab yourself some Freddy's, on the house!" says Currie as he pats BW on the shoulder and turns to walk away.

BW stares at his shoes a little, takes his hands out of his pockets them puts them back in a few times and says "Umm.. but John!?" with his voice cracking a little as he tries to raise it.

At first pretending not to hear, JC keeps walking, but when oscar awkwardly jogs to catch up with him JC does an exasperated sigh and turns around. "WHAT IS IT oscar?"

"Well, I'd really like to call a few guys, you know, just to see what they think, maybe do a little recruiting you know?"

"oscar, do you like chicken nuggets?"

"Yes John"

"Then don't call any coaches"

"But I..."

"DONT DO IT oscar"

"OH.. ok..  Hey John?"

"WHAT IS IT oscar???"

"Can I get a large chicken nuggets?"

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2012, 02:27:45 PM »

I use to pay for that site, then realized that he didn't know crap anymore and I was paying for hoping one of the other posters would break something. 

And if there were more GPC subscribers like you, the GPC indifference would cease.  But, there aren't more like you.  You're in the minority.  Every once in a long while you'll have a rebel question the quality of the "news" for which they pay.  These minor insurrections are quickly snuffed out by the GPC loyalists who drink the swill.  Too many of the subscribers suffer from the same laziness as their tireless leader.   

Offline Catchup

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2012, 02:34:58 PM »

You may well be right. I used to follow you guys a little at the old site. It was a bit too rough for me at the time. I though most of the edgy humor was funny but I struggled with all the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) jokes (I have a daughter with special needs). Those a much less plentiful now, and I have thicker skin, but that was the main reason I could handle GPC and not come over here. I will freely admit that lots more bball info comes through goEMAW. I will let you know after a football season on goEMAW if I feel the same. If it turns out to be the case, I will certainly be full time switching. My wife will be happy to have the $9.95 a month.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »
"oscar, do you like chicken nuggets?"

"Yes John"

"Then don't call any coaches"

"But I..."

"DONT DO IT oscar"

"OH.. ok..  Hey John?"

"WHAT IS IT oscar???"

"Can I get a large chicken nuggets?"

:lol:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2012, 02:52:58 PM »

The problem is last Friday, he said he anticipated the coaching staff would be in place by this Monday or Tuesday.

So, the longer this protracts, it leads me to believe that his top targets are not committing and he's moving on to back up plans.

In the case of Jerrance Howard, it only takes so much time to resolve a contract. 

Any chance fanning posted a pretty funny joke running back the DJDT food truck "relax, it's sunday" incident?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:03:30 PM by Trim »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »

You may well be right. I used to follow you guys a little at the old site. It was a bit too rough for me at the time. I though most of the edgy humor was funny but I struggled with all the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) jokes (I have a daughter with special needs). Those a much less plentiful now, and I have thicker skin, but that was the main reason I could handle GPC and not come over here. I will freely admit that lots more bball info comes through goEMAW. I will let you know after a football season on goEMAW if I feel the same. If it turns out to be the case, I will certainly be full time switching. My wife will be happy to have the $9.95 a month.

Catchup, I'm the V.P. of Member Relations.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »

Any chance fanning posted a pretty funny joke running back the DJDT food truck "relax, it's only sunday" incident?
  :peek: