Author Topic: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread  (Read 186817 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2012, 09:24:48 AM »
also, gpc is trashing the potential forrest hire while campaigning for anthoney beane

:facepalm:

I would have to imagine that these morons would recognize the importance of having a recruiter with ties in Texas due to the fact that, in football, THEY ALWAYS SCREAM ABOUT HAVING GUYS WITH TIES IN TEXAS.

I hate them so much.  So, so, so much.

they are mainly mocking the hire because he's fron North Texas and that is apparently a bad school to get assistants from.  on the brightside, multiple posters then chimed in that LHC Bill Snyder worked at North Texas and look where that got us.  so, the tide may yet turn. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2012, 09:27:58 AM »
also, gpc is trashing the potential forrest hire while campaigning for anthoney beane

:facepalm:

I would have to imagine that these morons would recognize the importance of having a recruiter with ties in Texas due to the fact that, in football, THEY ALWAYS SCREAM ABOUT HAVING GUYS WITH TIES IN TEXAS.

I hate them so much.  So, so, so much.

they are mainly mocking the hire because he's fron North Texas and that is apparently a bad school to get assistants from.  on the brightside, multiple posters then chimed in that LHC Bill Snyder worked at North Texas and look where that got us.  so, the tide may yet turn. 

:lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2012, 09:39:52 AM »
ballplayers says that Greg Grensing is campaigning for a ksu job.  said that he couldn't follow Lon to OU because of some violation from way back or some crap.

coach grensing used to rock a hell of a moustache.  i  think he got in trouble with the NCAA back when he worked for altman and was doing JUCO recruiting at KSU.  phone calls or something, i can't remember but it's been like 20 years, i doubt that's what kept him from coaching at OU.

ou is on probation, and couldn't hire anyone who had been named in NCAA violations. 

ah...well, he was a nice guy back when he worked for altman at ksu cats.  seemed to really like rock-a-belly.

also, his nickname was reg rensing

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
This was in Meek's article from yesterday.

The biggest thing for me is recruiting. There are some guys in the business that have Kansas State ties, but their recruiting backgrounds are so similar to us, I’m not sure that’s the best thing in the long run.

I'm assuming this may be why Beane hasn't been hired. BP last night said Beane is interested, so its possible that Beane reached out to Weber to gain interest, but Weber turned it down. I agree with the approach, the only Illinois based recruiter he should hire is Howard IMO.

yep.  agree with panja that a lowery, howard, forrest staff would be pretty great.

Would make this hire almost tolerable.  I'm getting my hopes up, but I don't know why I'm doing this to myself.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »

The biggest thing for me is recruiting. There are some guys in the business that have Kansas State ties, but their recruiting backgrounds are so similar to us, I’m not sure that’s the best thing in the long run.

I'm assuming this may be why Beane hasn't been hired. BP last night said Beane is interested, so its possible that Beane reached out to Weber to gain interest, but Weber turned it down. I agree with the approach, the only Illinois based recruiter he should hire is Howard IMO.

yep.  agree with panja that a lowery, howard, forrest staff would be pretty great.

Would make this hire almost tolerable.  I'm getting my hopes up, but I don't know why I'm doing this to myself.

I'm going with an evolutionary neurological defense mechanism, personally.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2012, 10:08:51 AM »
I want to believe something good will happen, but I'm conditioned not to.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline davegladow

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eyeblack Odyssey
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2012, 10:40:56 AM »

I'm going with an evolutionary neurological defense mechanism, personally.

Congratulations, you're not alone!

http://grist.org/list/80-percent-of-humans-are-delusionally-optimistic-says-science/

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »

This feels freaking good - I just can't get over the oscar. All the butthurt illini and all the crap they said!!! DAMNIT, this is what being a KSU fan is all about.  :angry:
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2012, 02:35:47 PM »
http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20120413-notebook-unts-forrest-interviews-for-k-state-assistant-job.ece

North Texas assistant basketball coach Shawn Forrest has interviewed for a similar position at Kansas State, a source close to the situation said Thursday afternoon.

:ksu:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »
oscar Webber just confirmed he should have two more coaches added to the staff by tuesday "its just a matter of paperwork"

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2012, 03:12:18 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »
Besides ex-K-State players, Howard and Forrest are the only names that have leaked, right? That makes me pretty excited.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2012, 03:22:39 PM »
Besides ex-K-State players, Howard and Forrest are the only names that have leaked, right? That makes me pretty excited.
Yes. We've got our #DelonteHill2.0 now. What a great day.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2012, 03:24:34 PM »

zeigler

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2012, 04:35:39 PM »

zeigler

tell me what i should want. what combo of these three should i choose for?

I think Howard and Zeigler but i trust in steve dave to tell me what to want

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2012, 04:40:43 PM »
Forrest and Howard.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2012, 04:45:15 PM »
Forrest and Howard.

second best combo of the three is Zeigler and Forrest.  Howard and Zeigler would be pretty redundant.   

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2012, 04:47:41 PM »
Forrest and Howard.

second best combo of the three is Zeigler and Forrest.  Howard and Zeigler would be pretty redundant.   

Really?  My first two choices would be Howard + whoever else

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2012, 04:49:24 PM »
Forrest and Howard.

Really?  My first two choices would be Howard + whoever else

Forrest is the most important assistant addition now that we've already gotten Lowery.  The last thing we need is our upper midwest HC hiring 3 upper midwest assistants.   If it was up to me I'd fire Lowery, hire Howard/Forrest/Cali or East Coast Mys Assistant

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
Forrest opens up Texas recruiting. Pretty big deal, especially considering that 5 of the 5* recruits in the 2013 class are from Texas.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2012, 12:16:15 PM »
UNT poster on TOS saying Forrest has gone to LSU.      :chainsaw:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »

that wouldn't be very good news.  link to the thread mikey?  you can post them here, we don't give a crap. 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »

that wouldn't be very good news.  link to the thread mikey?  you can post them here, we don't give a crap.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2671&t=8903008

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
THE PRICE IS RIGHT

Jay Price fills spot on Webers bench for pennies on the dollar
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best