Author Topic: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread  (Read 186734 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »
Thanks TTG

Offline TheTastyGreek

• Mean Green'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gomeangreen.com
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2012, 08:12:18 PM »
Thanks TTG

He's a phenomenal recruiter. He was great at Arkansas State (landed Ryan Wedel there, Wedel bailed when Forrest left them for us) and he's been great for us. Tony Mitchell has repeatedly referred to him as "Dad", and he's our primary point of contact in Dallas AAU and high school scene. We did pretty well for ourselves recruiting before he came along (most everyone on the team that you saw in the tournament predated Forrest's arrival), but he's got us on the radar of guys like T-Mitch and Keith Frazier.

It looks more and more like JJ is on his way to LSU. If we lose him and then Forrest leaves, too... I may not make it up for Preseason NIT because I'll have hung myself from despair.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2012, 08:16:43 PM »
My god if he can pull mid major guards from minneapolis kansas to arkansas state imagine what he can do for us!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
Thanks TTG

He's a phenomenal recruiter. He was great at Arkansas State (landed Ryan Wedel there, Wedel bailed when Forrest left them for us) and he's been great for us. Tony Mitchell has repeatedly referred to him as "Dad", and he's our primary point of contact in Dallas AAU and high school scene. We did pretty well for ourselves recruiting before he came along (most everyone on the team that you saw in the tournament predated Forrest's arrival), but he's got us on the radar of guys like T-Mitch and Keith Frazier.

It looks more and more like JJ is on his way to LSU. If we lose him and then Forrest leaves, too... I may not make it up for Preseason NIT because I'll have hung myself from despair.
TTG will you be coming to Manhattan for our football game? You can crash at my place.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline TheTastyGreek

• Mean Green'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gomeangreen.com
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2012, 08:24:55 PM »
TTG will you be coming to Manhattan for our football game? You can crash at my place.

I've already been to Manhattan twice for football. I've run out of nuts for you fuckers to kick.

On the basketball front, though- We've been planning on making the NIT games for almost a month now. Until last week, I felt pretty good about our chances.

Now... If we lose Forrest to you guys? It might be too painful. Like traveling to the wedding between your soul mate and some lawn mowing simpleton who destroyed a once-proud Big 10 program.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »

I've already been to Manhattan twice for football. I've run out of nuts for you fuckers to kick.

On the basketball front, though- We've been planning on making the NIT games for almost a month now. Until last week, I felt pretty good about our chances.

Now... If we lose Forrest to you guys? It might be too painful. Like traveling to the wedding between your soul mate and some lawn mowing simpleton who destroyed a once-proud Big 10 program.
You are the best.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »
A guy that calls out the refs on a twitter tirade of the same magnitude of a drunk FakeDanBeebe, and who is also a guy with the sketchy enough morals, loose enough ethics, and ability to bagman to Tony Mitchell, is def a guy I want on staff.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »
A guy that calls out the refs on a twitter tirade of the same magnitude of a drunk FakeDanBeebe, and who is also a guy with the sketchy enough morals, loose enough ethics, and ability to bagman to Tony Mitchell, is def a guy I want on staff.

Agreed. Would be a very nice catch.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »
hiring this guy would be the first smile I would have for cat hoops since March

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »

:lol:  Stick around TTG, I like your slick ways.  Your a much more fun read than the crap from the buthurt Illinois fans.  :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2012, 10:46:53 PM »
Forest as the third assistant would be great. Hopeful for Howard as the 2nd assistant.

@Cole_Manbeck: Weber On the possibility of Jerrance Howard joining the staff. "Jerrance has a contract and he’s got to resolve that with Illinois."

Honestly, if the staff was Lowery, Howard, and Forrest, it would be fantastic.

I'd be interested to see who DOBO would be.  Maybe that's where Jay Price fits in.  I guess, from my reading, he and Weber are pretty tight, and he's not much of a recruiter, so who knows; it may be his best option.

Also, he went to KU, and he's from Oklahoma, so maybe he would like to get back to the area anyway.  :dunno:

Offline stobblebobby

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »

So great. Easily the best post since Black Saturday. TY TTG

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2012, 07:33:38 AM »
This was in Meek's article from yesterday.

The biggest thing for me is recruiting. There are some guys in the business that have Kansas State ties, but their recruiting backgrounds are so similar to us, I’m not sure that’s the best thing in the long run.

I'm assuming this may be why Beane hasn't been hired. BP last night said Beane is interested, so its possible that Beane reached out to Weber to gain interest, but Weber turned it down. I agree with the approach, the only Illinois based recruiter he should hire is Howard IMO.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2012, 07:36:06 AM »
:EAGLESCREAM:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2012, 07:37:50 AM »

The biggest thing for me is recruiting. There are some guys in the business that have Kansas State ties, but their recruiting backgrounds are so similar to us, I’m not sure that’s the best thing in the long run.

I'm assuming this may be why Beane hasn't been hired. BP last night said Beane is interested, so its possible that Beane reached out to Weber to gain interest, but Weber turned it down. I agree with the approach, the only Illinois based recruiter he should hire is Howard IMO.

yep.  agree with panja that a lowery, howard, forrest staff would be pretty great.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2012, 07:39:47 AM »

yep.  agree with panja that a lowery, howard, forrest staff would be pretty great.

would definitely help win me over.  if what comes w/ Forrest is half as good as that Twitter tirade ... omg   :love:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2012, 07:57:10 AM »
ballplayers says that Greg Grensing is campaigning for a ksu job.  said that he couldn't follow Lon to OU because of some violation from way back or some crap.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2012, 08:03:20 AM »
ballplayers says that Greg Grensing is campaigning for a ksu job.  said that he couldn't follow Lon to OU because of some violation from way back or some crap.

42!

graduated from Southwest Texas State University in 1979

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:04 AM »

I saw Grensing in New Orleans hanging out with the Oregon staff sans Altman.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »
ballplayers also rattled off a bunch of former ksu players that were great players who I love but need to stay the eff away from coaching my school that are begging for the job (beane, ro, etc.)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2012, 08:08:14 AM »
also, gpc is trashing the potential forrest hire while campaigning for anthoney beane

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2012, 08:17:48 AM »
also, gpc is trashing the potential forrest hire while campaigning for anthoney beane

lol's

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2012, 08:26:53 AM »

coach grensing used to rock a hell of a moustache.  i  think he got in trouble with the NCAA back when he worked for altman and was doing JUCO recruiting at KSU.  phone calls or something, i can't remember but it's been like 20 years, i doubt that's what kept him from coaching at OU.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »

:facepalm:

I would have to imagine that these morons would recognize the importance of having a recruiter with ties in Texas due to the fact that, in football, THEY ALWAYS SCREAM ABOUT HAVING GUYS WITH TIES IN TEXAS.

I hate them so much.  So, so, so much.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:15:14 AM by Panjandrum »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2012, 09:18:51 AM »

coach grensing used to rock a hell of a moustache.  i  think he got in trouble with the NCAA back when he worked for altman and was doing JUCO recruiting at KSU.  phone calls or something, i can't remember but it's been like 20 years, i doubt that's what kept him from coaching at OU.

ou is on probation, and couldn't hire anyone who had been named in NCAA violations.