Author Topic: The official oscar Pearl talking points thread  (Read 55463 times)

Offline jaa1025

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The official oscar Pearl talking points thread
« Reply #350 on: March 28, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »
Larry Brown wants basketball role
"I'm not going to be politicking for a job right now," the 71-year-old Brown said. "I'd like to get back involved in the game in some capacity. Whether that's as a coach, assistant, running a team or just as a resource, I don't care."
http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncb/story/_/id/7746913/larry-brown-says-contacted-smu-mustangs

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 28, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »
We could just Make Larry Brown the official head coach. How long could he possibly want to coach?

Per Wikipedia: In his 38 year coaching career, Larry Brown had 13 different jobs.  His first head coaching job was at Davidson where he lasted for most of a summer before resigning.

2 years . . . perfect!

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 28, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »
Wait...so we only need Larry for one year now? :sdeek:

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: The official oscar Pearl talking points thread
« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2012, 09:14:57 PM »
Now that you retards have oscar's attention you clearly need to tip ESPN on his impending hire.   :party:

No one will be friends with you if you have that kind of attitude.

No, but he's right.  Someone get Gottlieb on this.

It's not going to take on a life of its own until it escapes goEMAW in a big way.  Should probably tip oscar to check the current roster as well ... is he aware he can win the Big XII next season without recruiting anyone?   That'll kill off one year of his show cause order and it'll be just as if there were only one remaining right now. 

:ksu:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 28, 2012, 10:04:18 PM »
Why not just hire him anyway? Not being able to recruit at all for 2 years and then having a ton of success is way better than being able to recruit terrible players for 6 years and destroying the program like everyone else is going to do. I just don't get it.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 28, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »
The impending mediocrity that will be ksu hoops will be far worse than the most severe punishment the NCAA could ever hand down. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »
Why not just hire him anyway? Not being able to recruit at all for 2 years and then having a ton of success is way better than being able to recruit terrible players for 6 years and destroying the program like everyone else is going to do. I just don't get it.

Sorry, that's just not THE K-STATE WAY.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 28, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »
There is no risk in hiring oscar Pearl. None.

Offline 101cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 28, 2012, 10:43:48 PM »

Eff him; he wouldn't know the "K-State way" if it jumped out of the woods and raped him.

The "K-State way"? I know what that is, damn it; in football terms, it's where we accept either Snyder, or everything before him. Don't take us to the rough ridin' edge, and then break down...year after year after year.

In basketball, the "K-State way" is get us back to an Elite 8-style program, or just dump some nut like Asbury back on us. All or nothing. Stop getting us close, pointing out what we could be, and then laughing maniacally as you turn us back around and kick us in the butt.

I don't give a crap what Schulz said; if he wants to prevent a potentially armed uprising, he'd better damn well consider HCBP. If Currie doesn't want to get turned into Swiss cheese by angry wildcats armed with pitchforks, he'd better damn well consider HCBP.

If we get some douche like Boyle, Jank, Henson, et al...burn this [redacted] to the ground. Scatter the ashes. Dance like wild injuns around the flames while the band Wabash's its ass off.  :bang:
"Ask my source? My source said you're phoning in your resignation, and taking a job in South Carolina. Any comment, bad person?"

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 28, 2012, 11:02:17 PM »
i kind of enjoyed that meltdown but then again i'm kind of drunk so take it fwiw..
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 29, 2012, 08:29:55 AM »

lol.  this needs to talking point #1 on hirebrucepearl.com

hey wait wut happened to that site  :flush:   :curse:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 29, 2012, 08:35:36 AM »

It's not conventional, though.  We should be afraid of that.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 29, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »

Eff him; he wouldn't know the "K-State way" if it jumped out of the woods and raped him.

The "K-State way"? I know what that is, damn it; in football terms, it's where we accept either Snyder, or everything before him. Don't take us to the rough ridin' edge, and then break down...year after year after year.

In basketball, the "K-State way" is get us back to an Elite 8-style program, or just dump some nut like Asbury back on us. All or nothing. Stop getting us close, pointing out what we could be, and then laughing maniacally as you turn us back around and kick us in the butt.

I don't give a crap what Schulz said; if he wants to prevent a potentially armed uprising, he'd better damn well consider HCBP. If Currie doesn't want to get turned into Swiss cheese by angry wildcats armed with pitchforks, he'd better damn well consider HCBP.

If we get some douche like Boyle, Jank, Henson, et al...burn this [redacted] to the ground. Scatter the ashes. Dance like wild injuns around the flames while the band Wabash's its ass off.  :bang:

101cat, this is excellent.

I'd like to nominate putting you in charge of organizing the EMAW uprising.  You seem to have what it takes.

Please post details as they become available for things like the staged protest, locations of mass demonstrations, beatings, etc.  We don't need to be caught off guard here when the inevitable happens.

Thanks in advance for all you are about to do.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 29, 2012, 09:39:53 AM »

101cat, this is excellent.

I'd like to nominate putting you in charge of organizing the EMAW uprising.  You seem to have what it takes.

Please post details as they become available for things like the staged protest, locations of mass demonstrations, beatings, etc.  We don't need to be caught off guard here when the inevitable happens.

Thanks in advance for all you are about to do.

:ksu:

#team101cat

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 29, 2012, 10:19:49 AM »

when was the last time KSU made a "conventional" hire? Probably Asbury.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 29, 2012, 10:20:39 AM »

yeah, probably was seen as a home run too was it not?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 29, 2012, 10:21:55 AM »

Yes, it was considered pretty good at the time.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 29, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »

DOUG CHRISTIE! HE GAVE THE FAB FIVE A SCARE IN WICHITA! :ksu:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 29, 2012, 11:05:24 AM »

Yes, it was considered pretty good at the time.

Would be the equivalent of hiring that D-Nozzle at St. Mary's.

I don't even know what Jankovich or Henson would be considered.  Boyle would be a considerable step up from Wooly, but still horrible based on maintaining expectations.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 29, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »
We need to drop this idea of "let's hire BP in two years" and we need to hire BP yesterday("it would be awesome") - consequences be damned!  Otherwise I see us getting stuck with a turd and stepping back to the 16 years of Altman/Asbury/Wooly. :sdeek:

Offline D-FRED-BROWN

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 29, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »

Sorry, that's just not THE K-STATE-0 WAY.
fyp.

Offline OldCarolina

• Rooster Boost'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 29, 2012, 11:15:08 PM »
What a pipe dream. The moment oscar Pearl is available to coach again, is the moment a blue-blood will come calling for his name. Kansas State is not one of those.

Offline USC Alum

• Rooster Boost'r
  • Fan
  • Franky come back, you can blame it all on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 31, 2012, 01:24:31 PM »
Well at least you guys did get a oscar. Congrats on the hire!
Kansas State: just another fly-over farm school.

goEMAW.com: The Fred Phelps of College Football fan forums.

Offline geesiskryst

• Fan
    • View Profile

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 17, 2014, 10:01:17 PM »
Auburn would have the best duo of mens bbball / football coaches in the country
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best