Author Topic: The official oscar Pearl talking points thread  (Read 54794 times)

catzacker

Re: The official oscar Pearl talking points thread
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2014, 12:39:56 PM »
This is beyond devastating.   :frown:

titletown, back 2 back NCAA's, what more could oscar do to make you love him?  he loves you.

Meh.  Pearl could do that.  And be sexier doing it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2014, 12:55:10 PM »
 :facepalm:

catzacker

« Reply #404 on: March 18, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »
Wow.  Tens of auburn fans.  We'd have thrown him a parade.   :bawl:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 18, 2014, 04:07:05 PM »
Auburn It Down.

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 18, 2014, 04:11:07 PM »

:love: :love:

catzacker

« Reply #408 on: March 18, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 18, 2014, 06:48:18 PM »

Oh man

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 18, 2014, 07:15:11 PM »

:frown:

It is sad to think that that could be a picture of the same raw exuberance but with a purple and, uh, purple/black/grey/white tie, instead.

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 18, 2014, 09:31:55 PM »

STUD!

:frown:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 18, 2014, 09:34:08 PM »
so great.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 18, 2014, 10:06:14 PM »
I bet Currie really struggles in his interviews for other AD jobs when he presents himself in the manner in which he finds appealing in coaches.  Meanwhile the schools interviewing him are all "oscar PEARL, eff YEAH!"

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2014, 10:27:37 PM »
Though happy with the Bruceketball results, I can't get over how much fun jizzing my pants over a Pearl hire would have been.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2014, 10:51:52 PM »
who has the picture of him in the headband and body paint that was shopped for #Pearl4KSU? I want to get a foam-board made of that before the football game.

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 02, 2014, 03:35:36 PM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 29, 2015, 10:29:48 PM »
oscar Pearl landed his second five-star commitment at Auburn on Saturday afternoon, as Class of 2017 power forward Austin Wiley committed to the Tigers.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25317374/auburn-lands-second-five-star-commitment-of-oscar-pearl-era

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 31, 2019, 05:07:19 PM »
So! You are a Wildcat fan very interested in hiring of our new basketball coach, and you probably want someone good. For KSU, the best possible hire is oscar Pearl. I'm sure you have many questions about why KSU should hire oscar, so I will address them in order.

Question 1: Is he any good?

Answer: Yes!

Milwaukee (Horizon League) (2001–2005)
2001–2002    Milwaukee    16–13    11–5    3rd    
2002–2003    Milwaukee    24–8    13–3    2nd    NCAA 1st Round
2003–2004    Milwaukee    20–11    13–3    1st    NIT 1st Round
2004–2005    Milwaukee    26–6    14–2    1st    NCAA Sweet Sixteen
Milwaukee:    86–38    51–13

Tennessee (Southeastern Conference) (2005–2011)
2005–2006    Tennessee    22–8    12–4    1st (East)    NCAA 2nd Round
2006–2007    Tennessee    24–11    10–6    2nd (East)    NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2007–2008    Tennessee    31–5    14–2    1st (East)    NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2008–2009    Tennessee    21–13    10–6    T–1st (East)    NCAA 1st Round
2009–2010    Tennessee    28–9    11–5    3rd (East)    NCAA Elite Eight
2010–2011    Tennessee    19–15    8–8    5th (East)    NCAA 2nd Round
Tennessee:    145–61    65–31    
Total:    231–99

Summary: 4 Sweet 16's, one Elite 8, 6 NCAA tourneys in 6 years at Tennessee, 2 NCAA's and one NIT in 4 years at Milwaukee.

NEXT.

Question 2: Won't we get put on probation?

Answer: NO. First of all, everyone should read this article from Mike Decoursey:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/feed/2010-09/vols-penalties/story/hiring-oscar-pearl-would-be-well-worth-the-risk

We all know oscar has a three year "show cause" that can explain very well, including the NCAA:

A show-cause penalty is issued by the Committee on Infractions and explains how a coach or another administrator must have their athletically related duties limited, regardless of employer, for a set amount of time. If the person is now employed at a different school than where the violations occurred and they do not agree with the limitations, the school can appear before the committee to 'show cause' why they think the penalty should be reduced or changed.

He is banned from off-campus recruiting until August 2014, which I assume is the only punishment that will follow him. Challenge anyone that questions this to point to specific sanctions beyond the recruiting restriction. (they won't have a clue).

Question 3: LMAO, Currie won't want someone that is an NCAA risk, right?!?

Answer: Is Currie a pasty frat-parting resume builder? You bet your ass he is! What would look better on a resume than bringing on the most successful coach in Tennessee history? You clowns need to remember that Currie (sort of) hired and worked with this guy at Tennessee. He knows him. Currie has shown the NCAA that he takes a hard line on compliance with the Pullen/Kelly situation and ESPECIALLY with the Jamar situation. Currie has created perfect situation to take a guy like Pearl. "Look, I worked with oscar before and do not bend the rules on compliance. I was willing to run off one of the greatest coaches in KSU history in the name of compliance. oscar will not be a problem with me." And the NCAA is all about money, and personalities like oscar Pearl make them a lot more money than boring losers like Tad Underwood.

Question 4: But he can't recruit! How will we survive if our coach can't recruit???

Answer: oscar can recruit, but not off campus. He can evaluate off-campus, which means he can be seen at AAU events and High School shootarounds. He can recruit on-campus. His assistants will be able to recruit off-campus without restraint, and here is what they can sell:

The recruiting ban will be an overwhelming challenge, but every assistant coach selling Pearl’s next program would be selling the guy who made Dane Bradshaw a star as a 6-3 power forward, who made Chris Lofton into an All-American and who turned the Volunteers into a national power.

Additionally, off-campus recruiting bans aren't a death sentence. Kelvin Sampson landed Eric Gordon to Indiana while not being able to recruit off campus. We also need to think beyond the next two recruiting classes and toward the future - guys like Brad Underwood and Tad Boyel scare the crap out of me after the current roster starts to leave, but oscar Pearl has developed winners at EVERY level he's coached at. Suck it up for two years and think about the long term.

Question 5: I don't want my coach to be slimy and I don't want to sell my soul for wins. Isn't Pearl slimy?

Answer: HEY GUESS WHAT?!? KANSAS STATE HIRED THE BIGGEST SLEEZEBALL COACH IN THE WORLD WHEN THEY HIRED BOB HUGGINS. You can say it didn't work out, but in the end, it was the most brilliant hire any program has made in the last ten years. The turnaround KSU encountered is unprecedented, and it was all because we took a risk on a coach with "baggage".

ALSO, do you know what oscar did that makes him so "dirty"? He had a barbecue with his team and invited some recruits. Then he lied about it.

Question 6: And?

Answer: That's it.

In summary, use this information to get out there and get us to hire oscar Mother rough ridin' Pearl.

oscar just took Auburn to the Final Four. Remember when we had hope for our program for a few days? Even in a year when we won a lot, we still lose the oscar-off. We got the wrong oscar and I'm still salty about it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 31, 2019, 05:18:32 PM »
FYJC
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 31, 2019, 06:59:14 PM »
Remember that time oscar Pearl was basically on his knees praying to be considered for the KSU Katz job?

Question - oscar Pearl wiggles his way out of his show cause and takes the K-State job in 2012. More or less success than 2 big 12 titles, an elite 8 and 5 tourney appearances?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mar 28, 2012 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: Kansas State Wildcats Job Opening
To: "Ben JI" <[email protected]>

Your lips to Gods ears

oscar Pearl

On Mar 28, 2012, at 2:45 PM, "Ben JI" <[email protected]> wrote:

I understand, I do hope there is a chance we will see you on campus August of 2014!

On Mar 28, 2012 1:28 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks Ben... It would be awesome but I've got a little more time to serve with my NCAA Show Cause

oscar Pearl

On Mar 28, 2012, at 12:16 PM, "JI" <[email protected]> wrote:
oscar-
I came across a job opening the other day that I think would be perfect for you! As I am sure you are aware Kansas State University now has a vacancy for their position as head basketball coach for their men's program.
With your history of success at Milwaukee and the University of Tennessee you would be a perfect fit here. To top it all of your good buddy from your days at rocky top, John Currie, is now the Athletic Director at Kansas State.
I look forward to seeing you in purple body paint soon!
Ben JI

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 31, 2019, 07:59:32 PM »
Katz destined to lose forever  :frown:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 31, 2019, 08:17:02 PM »
Remember that time oscar Pearl was basically on his knees praying to be considered for the KSU Katz job?

Question - oscar Pearl wiggles his way out of his show cause and takes the K-State job in 2012. More or less success than 2 big 12 titles, an elite 8 and 5 tourney appearances?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mar 28, 2012 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: Kansas State Wildcats Job Opening
To: "Ben JI" <[email protected]>

Your lips to Gods ears

oscar Pearl

On Mar 28, 2012, at 2:45 PM, "Ben JI" <[email protected]> wrote:

I understand, I do hope there is a chance we will see you on campus August of 2014!

On Mar 28, 2012 1:28 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks Ben... It would be awesome but I've got a little more time to serve with my NCAA Show Cause

oscar Pearl

On Mar 28, 2012, at 12:16 PM, "JI" <[email protected]> wrote:
oscar-
I came across a job opening the other day that I think would be perfect for you! As I am sure you are aware Kansas State University now has a vacancy for their position as head basketball coach for their men's program.
With your history of success at Milwaukee and the University of Tennessee you would be a perfect fit here. To top it all of your good buddy from your days at rocky top, John Currie, is now the Athletic Director at Kansas State.
I look forward to seeing you in purple body paint soon!
Ben JI

Only one coach in the Frank/oscar Pearl/oscar Weber love triangle hasn't reached a Final Four since 2012 :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 01, 2019, 10:51:58 AM »
What makes it even worse is that we just experienced Peak oscar and the last two years will not be duplicated by oscar Weber again.