Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 296217 times)

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #600 on: March 23, 2012, 04:14:30 PM »
cough-BobKnight-cough

The image of Knight's program was squeeky clean, he just had a massive ego and let it get out of control.

That and Knight was hired by a Big 10 school 41 freaking years ago.  LOL at Blackcats using that as an example.

Both are known for anger.  IU got rid of Knight for the same reason Ill wouldn't hire Frank.

/rough ridin' mental midgets

Frank hasn't choked anyone.  Knight was known for actually being the monster off the court as well.  Frank isn't.

He did slap a kid.  Granted it was only a regional broadcast...but they only had home video for Knight...except for the chair incident..

:dunno:
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline ChodoCat

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 23, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
cough-BobKnight-cough

The image of Knight's program was squeeky clean, he just had a massive ego and let it get out of control.

That and Knight was hired by a Big 10 school 41 freaking years ago.  LOL at Blackcats using that as an example.

Both are known for anger.  IU got rid of Knight for the same reason Ill wouldn't hire Frank.

Bob Knight tried to beat a student up, not a student-athlete but a student.  Also that was 12 years ago.  12!  I don't know anything about you as a person but I've gleaned from your last two posts that I'm significantly smarter than you.  Don't respond, its a trap.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 23, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »
cough-BobKnight-cough

Frank hasn't choked anyone.  Knight was known for actually being the monster off the court as well.  Frank isn't.

He did slap a kid.  Granted it was only a regional broadcast...but they only had home video for Knight...except for the chair incident..

:dunno:

There were reports of Knight assaulting kids, not players, but kids.  The last one was when the kid addressed him as "Hey Knight" rather than "coach" or "Sir", which I guess was a pet peeve of his.

Frank poked a player in the chest.  Knight full on punched a player in practice and two handed choked another, iirc. 

Comparing the two's demeanor is very superficial at best.  Frank's seems to be a character he plays.  Knight's seemed to be just who he was.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2012, 04:21:59 PM »
So, I'm confused, we've got one faction that's totally saying he will leave and one saying he's going to stay because no one will hire him.

I'm just going to go monitor the Will Spradling thread

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 23, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
So, I'm confused, we've got one faction that's totally saying he will leave and one saying he's going to stay because no one will hire him.

I think both factions agree that Frank will leave if he can find somebody who wants him, though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2012, 04:34:28 PM »

if you're monitoring one thread you are basically monitoring both

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #607 on: March 23, 2012, 04:44:05 PM »
I want Frank to stay and think he's a good coach.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 23, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »

Well, lucky for you he has not other options. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #609 on: March 23, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »

Well, lucky for you he has not other options. 
I think you're lying, not only to me, but yourself.  And lying to yourself is the pathway to despair.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #610 on: March 23, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »

I think both factions agree that Frank will leave if he can find somebody who wants him, though.

Well, if he really has interest in South Carolina, yes, there ain't no mountain high enough, and ain't no valley low enough to keep him from getting away from Currie.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 23, 2012, 04:53:44 PM »
Oh Frank wants out, don't get me wrong.  But so does everyone who is currently working at McDonalds.  Tough crap Frank and McDonalds employees. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #612 on: March 23, 2012, 04:56:24 PM »

Meh.

I think this is overplayed. I think it's clear Frank likes attention and getting his name out there. He and Katz are willing to do a lot to get negotiating leverage. IMHO the timing of all this (before April 1st, during the Sweet 16/Elite 8) accomplishes both. I'm not doubting the Currie stuff, but I can't believe anger with Currie is his ONLY angle. He is going to set up things better for himself, whether he's at K-State or not. Frank and Katz are too smart to make this just about Currie. Many K-State fans might think he's being overly shrewd, but none of what is going on is haphazard or not well thought out. Frank will be better off for himself (or at least he will think he is) whether he's at K-State next year or not.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 23, 2012, 04:58:46 PM »
do you guys think frank set up the jamar thing to force currie's hand and then feign anger in order to get extra leverage for his contract renegotiation?  I think chances are about 90%. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #614 on: March 23, 2012, 05:04:03 PM »
do you guys think frank set up the jamar thing to force currie's hand and then feign anger in order to get extra leverage for his contract renegotiation?  I think chances are about 90%.

That would be impressive.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 23, 2012, 05:04:35 PM »

My God.
emaw

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 23, 2012, 05:11:55 PM »
Still think it would have been way cooler if Jamar was just chillin on the bench, Billy style.  :bwpopcorn:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 23, 2012, 05:14:13 PM »
Also, is it possible that Frank's "whoring himself out" every year is almostly entirely created in the minds of goEMAW'rs?  I mean, there's only a tiny amount of smoke but dax and co are dead set on it being a bonfire.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 23, 2012, 05:17:01 PM »
Also, is it possible that Frank's "whoring himself out" every year is almostly entirely created in the minds of goEMAW'rs?  I mean, there's only a tiny amount of smoke but dax and co are dead set on it being a bonfire.

no, there is much more than smoke...

Offline tbaird

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 23, 2012, 05:37:09 PM »
Saw this posted on another site.

Just was on TheBigSpur.com and some guy posted that someone from USC confirmed that Frank Martin was in SC this week for an interview and that the AD offered Martin the job. They went on to say that Martin has accepted and it will be announced on Monday or Tuesday.

This was the first time I have been on that site, so I have no idea if it is a somewhat reputable site, or if it is like goEMAW.com. I really hope that FM doesn't think USC is seriously even a halfway decent job. Personally, if he takes the job, I think he would be taking multiple steps down, and I think it would show that Martin really isn't a man of as much character as we originally thought.

Obviously, my views are based solely on Martin accepting the job. I really hope this is not the case though.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 23, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »

Just was on TheBigSpur.com and some guy posted that someone from USC confirmed that Frank Martin was in SC this week for an interview and that the AD offered Martin the job. They went on to say that Martin has accepted and it will be announced on Monday or Tuesday.

This was the first time I have been on that site, so I have no idea if it is a somewhat reputable site, or if it is like goEMAW.com. I really hope that FM doesn't think USC is seriously even a halfway decent job. Personally, if he takes the job, I think he would be taking multiple steps down, and I think it would show that Martin really isn't a man of as much character as we originally thought.

Obviously, my views are based solely on Martin accepting the job. I really hope this is not the case though.

what in the

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 23, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »
press conference on Monday!

:runaway:  :runaway:  :runaway:  :runaway:  :runaway:
I'm purple down

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 23, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »

what in the

eff him, ban him, =Mods=?
:adios:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 23, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:52:05 PM by TBL »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 23, 2012, 05:51:12 PM »
Tbaird can suck a dick