Author Topic: so is arkansas going to beat the crap out of us?  (Read 23002 times)

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Re: so is arkansas going to beat the crap out of us?
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 12:30:45 AM »
Baylor would've been better, I agree, it would give the baptists a perfect opportunity to bring civilization to the unwashed heathens loose in your state.

Offline OMGILOVEWALMARTOMG!

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 12:50:18 AM »
the good lord didn't see fit to bless them with intelligence, good looks, money or deodorant

thanks.  I am encouraged by the fact it is a near a 'whataburger' -- yum!

Wow. If you're gonna throw smack talk their way about lack of intelligence, money, etc., don't follow that up by being excited that your lodging is near a WhatABurger. Jeez  :facepalm:
Playoffs. Now.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 12:55:17 AM »

Exclamation Point!

Adorable Dimple-Ridden Juggalino clowns America's Coach in 2nd most-important bowl, maybe most important.

Oh eff me.  Chunkles.  I have an idea.

:peek:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 02:50:01 AM »

hmmm.  yes, yes.  Please go oooonnnnnn...  :fatty:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 08:06:07 AM »
the good lord didn't see fit to bless them with intelligence, good looks, money or deodorant

thanks.  I am encouraged by the fact it is a near a 'whataburger' -- yum!

Wow. If you're gonna throw smack talk their way about lack of intelligence, money, etc., don't follow that up by being excited that your lodging is near a WhatABurger. Jeez  :facepalm:

great quote function work here
emaw

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 08:21:43 AM »
seems like they might

:dunno:

They could, but unlikely they do.

I'm sure the middle of the 4th quarter will roll around and Arkansas will likely have around 50-75 more yards of offense and had parts of the game where they felt like they had complete control, but it will be a 1 score game. That's what K-State does; I see this match-up likely being very similar to the OSU game.

Offline hogswillstompKSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »
maybe. they'll throw the whole family of twenty in the tractor and drive it on over to ft worth. they work on farms so they're pretty strong and honest to god what do they have to lose. we are smarter and have more money but fighting is not our strength. my suggestion for cat fans would be to stay in groups, show up late, leave early and stay in the wealthier parts of the metroplex.

I am staying in downtown Dallas near the whole bar area thing (I guess it's kind of like aggieville but more lame because it's in a lame-ass city).  Anyway, we're staying in a Sheraton, do you think that will be enough or should I go 4 star to be safe?
  Wooooo Pig Sooooie I  can't wait  but wish we'd had drawn a decent team like Baylor to destroy who gives have a crap about a KSU victory?

How cute. I'm from Arkansas and am staying in a nicer hotel than you are.
I guess it is possible for us hillbillies to have more money than you guys from that extremely wealthy state of........... Kansas.
;)

Congrats!

Offline hognation

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 08:36:53 AM »
DUH???? YEPPERS JUST DEAL WITH IT!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »
seems like they might

I'm sure the middle of the 4th quarter will roll around and Arkansas will likely have around 50-75 more yards of offense and had parts of the game where they felt like they had complete control, but it will be a 1 score game. That's what K-State does; I see this match-up likely being very similar to the OSU game.

already liking what im seeing out of _fan in this early bowl season, cant wait to skip straight to the bottom

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »
seems like they might

already liking what im seeing out of _fan in this early bowl season, cant wait to skip straight to the bottom

They run different schemes, but I think Arkansas compares favorably to Oklahoma State. IMHO OSU has a better QB, Ark might have slightly better recievers (overall/depth), and perhaps Ark has slightly better backs, but the offenses put up very similar numbers (OSU scored much more, but its fair to say Big 12 defenses aren't as good as those in the SEC). Defensively IMO OSU is better and runs a much more agressive scheme. They gave up more yards, but again IMO they faced better offenses. And OSU is much better at forcing TOs; that part isn't even close.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »

Check your PMs.   :excited:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 09:46:53 AM »
seems like they might

They run different schemes, but I think Arkansas compares favorably to Oklahoma State. IMHO OSU has a better QB, Ark might have slightly better recievers (overall/depth), and perhaps Ark has slightly better backs, but the offenses put up very similar numbers (OSU scored much more, but its fair to say Big 12 defenses aren't as good as those in the SEC). Defensively IMO OSU is better and runs a much more agressive scheme. They gave up more yards, but again IMO they faced better offenses. And OSU is much better at forcing TOs; that part isn't even close.

its all about the trenches to me, if we win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball we win by 14 at least

plus snyder>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>petrino and with over a month to prepare and continue to get healthy i like our chances

Offline HOGWILD PAYNE

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
KSUCKS doesnt have a Chance in hell of beating the Razorbacks
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »
:gocho:

You think you are all that when you are actually NOBODY!!! Your 104th ranked pass defense.... says it all we will score 50 plus points on your SORRY ass!!!!  :popcorn:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: KSUCKS doesnt have a Chance in hell of beating the Razorbacks
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »

Offline FuKSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 10:10:18 AM »
seems like they might

its all about the trenches to me, if we win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball we win by 14 at least

plus snyder>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>petrino and with over a month to prepare and continue to get healthy i like our chances

Snyder a better coach than Petrino? Come on, bro.

The KSU football team is very "Sandusky-esque"...if you were to casually stroll through the locker room it would be filled with rhythmic slapping, horseplay and the like. Come to think of it...does Snyder bare an uncommon resemblance to the now shamed former Penn State D-coordinator? :dunno:

I'm glad you KSU fans have this website....I mean, now that the postal service is cutting back this may be your only means of contact with the world outside of Manhattan [seriously? Is irony really what your looking for in a city name?].

KSU fans....nothing but a bunch of mouth-breathers and booger eaters.

KSU is as much the 8th best team in the country as a KSU degree guarantees you a job at Whataburger.

Arkansas 41 KSU 17

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »
^^^^^ftr  thats not my quote^^^^^^^

quote functions, how do they work?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »
seems like they might

The play of both lines will be a big part of the game, but turnovers (where we have a large advantage) and the return game (we are good, but they are better; losing Lockett hurts us a lot) will as well. Arkansas' punt returner maybe the best in college football; fortunately punt coverage is pretty good and we usually force fair catches. KO coverage vs their KO return game worries me.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 10:15:08 AM »
seems like they might

The play of both lines will be a big part of the game, but turnovers (where we have a large advantage) and the return game (we are good, but they are better; losing Lockett hurts us a lot) will as well. Arkansas' punt returner maybe the best in college football; fortunately punt coverage is pretty good and we usually force fair catches. KO coverage vs their KO return game worries me.

tell me about this wilson fella. i feel like we are playing a handicapped baylor, is that a correct assessment?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 10:23:01 AM »
tell me about this wilson fella. i feel like we are playing a handicapped baylor, is that a correct assessment?

I don't like Baylor as a comparison, because Ark won't run QB run/option at all. That's why I picked OSU as the comparison.

Wilson compares favorably to Weeden, but like I said, Weeden is a better player. At WR I'd say OSU's Blackmon compares favorably to Ark's Wright, but with Adams, Hamilton, and TE Gragg I think Ark's overall receiving core is better. Johnson and Wingo are solid backs, but its tough for me to think they are better than Randle and Smith for OSU. OSU only gave up 11 sacks on the year while Ark gave up 25.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 10:29:43 AM »

I don't like Baylor as a comparison, because Ark won't run QB run/option at all. That's why I picked OSU as the comparison.

Wilson compares favorably to Weeden, but like I said, Weeden is a better player. At WR I'd say OSU's Blackmon compares favorably to Ark's Wright, but with Adams, Hamilton, and TE Gragg I think Ark's overall receiving core is better. Johnson and Wingo are solid backs, but its tough for me to think they are better than Randle and Smith for OSU. OSU only gave up 11 sacks on the year while Ark gave up 25.

fair enough, last question. how do you think their defense stacks up against a zone read type offense? i see us making them over pursue a eff ton

cant wait for the fanalysis

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2011, 10:45:38 AM »

Check your PMs.   :excited:

:pray: NEW CHUNKLES VID WITH A NEW NOTSKINNYBENNY SONG  :crossfingers:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 10:54:18 AM »
thank god fan was here to drop some hfbiq in my Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) little thread

we're totally gonna beat these guys
emaw

Offline BigTimeHogFan

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2011, 10:58:05 AM »
Yes. You guys have the unfortunate opportunity to get to play us after a big loss. Good luck with that. We will try and not hang 50+ points on your defense. Not really, we will try to score at least that many.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2011, 10:59:50 AM »
Arkansas fans, will the change at OC have any effect? The post below was in another thread and won't get talked about there.

How much did McGee (I remember watching him play for OU in the 90s) actually do or does Petrino actually do most of the offensive gameplanning and play calling since he is an offensive guy?

http://www.illinihq.com/?sports/illini-sports/football/?2011-12-06/?petrino-returning-arkansas.html
 Little Bros on he's way back! HELL YA!!

Petrino returning to Arkansas | IlliniHQ.com
www.illinihq.com
IlliniHQ.com is your Illini sports headquarters. It's the best source of information about the Fighting Illini.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2011, 11:06:35 AM »
Yes. You guys have the unfortunate opportunity to get to play us after a big loss. Good luck with that. We will try and not hang 50+ points on your defense. Not really, we will try to score at least that many.

Big loss?  Every time you play a conference superior it is a big loss.  Don't they stop being big after awhile?