Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 913419 times)

Offline Gohogs516

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #2175 on: December 06, 2011, 05:03:24 PM »
 Props to the ksu fans who kept the trolls coming. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go smoke some meth and then I have a date with my sister and some random barnyard animal

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: December 06, 2011, 05:04:36 PM »
This thread will not be complete until Former President Bill Clinton posts here. I won't give up on it until that happens.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: December 06, 2011, 05:05:22 PM »
You know, ever since I've cheered for K-State since back in the 90's.  LHC LHC Bill Snyder is a class act.  Your uniforms are snazzy, but I've had to rethink things lately.  See, I came across this thread via Facebook, and at first I couldn't believe it was real.  It's so absurd that someone might *really* think that by playing THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS your K-State "brand" of football might somehow take a hit.  It's ridiculous...surreal, even.  At first I figured this must all be an elaborate set up by U of A folks trying to get our players fired up before the bowl.  But after skimming PAGES and PAGES of the most uneducated, asinine comments regarding this bowl matchup, I decided a little research was needed.  Funny thing, research.  It has the ability to strip bare all the horrifyingly stupid illusions K-State fans hold about their program.  Enjoy!

Inaugural Football Season:  You 1896, us 1894
Average Home Attendance:  You 49,816, us 68,932
All-Time Win/Loss Record:  You 466-610-41, us 676-451-40
All-Time Win Percentage:  You 41.7 (which is pathetic, by the way), us 57.9
Winningest Head Coach and His Win Percentage:  You LHC LHC Bill Snyder 159-82-1 (65.7%), us Frank Broyles 149-62-6 (68.6%)
Number of Consensus All-Americans (All-Time):  11 to 23
Number of Players Drafted by the NFL (All-Time):  131 to 253
Number of Players Currently in the NFL:  13 to 16
Number of NFL Hall of Famers:  0 (awww…) to 2
Number of Conference Championships:  5 to 13
Number of Bowl Appearances:  14 to 38
Number of Bowl Victories:  6 to 12
Number of Top 10 Finishes:  6 (which puts you behind “powerhouse” programs such as Army, Navy, North Carolina and Arizona State!) to 13
Number of Top 5 Finishes (1951 – Present):  0 (awww…) to 3
Number of Football National Championships:  0 (awww…) to 1

How's that for "brand?"

You know, a program with only about 20 years of "history" in a sport that's 142 years old doesn't really have a history.

You guys want to know why we aren't in the Big XII?  We left the SWC two years before it collapsed (guess they couldn't survive without us).  At least twice the Big XII has made overtures to us about joining your conference.  When we were done laughing at you, we politely declined.  We'd rather play in the one conference that is a cut above:  the SEC (Six national championships in a row, people.  Six.)
You know, any of you could have learned this through the "Miracle of Literacy," but I guess you don't have to be literate to graduate from Kansas State.  I guess they just hurl diplomas at random passers-by on their horses or tractors or whatever.  How 'bout y'all stick to subjects you understand...like...corn.
You call us racists, but I doubt most Kansans even know a soul who isn't lily white.  Our state is racially diverse, and most folks here have learned to live and work together...and we LIKE it that way (10.4% of our businesses are minority owned compared to 7.7% of yours).  You call us poor hillbillies, but last I looked we have more companies in the Fortune 500 than you.  I could go on about Arkansas' advantages, but I'll just sum it up by saying I'll take a delta sunrise, a drive through the Ouachita Forest or a breezy Ozark evening to that flat, endless expanse of cowpasture called Kansas.

How are things in corn?
:facepalm:
this thread was started sarcastically and ksu fans have beeb nothing sarcastic in it since. only arkansas fans are stupid enough to think anyone was serious.
and if your pointing out that we were terrible at football from 1940-1990...... WE KNOW. It's nothing knew.
Also your fan base is extremely proud of being the bitch of the SEC. Ive never heard any other fans brag about national titles won by OTHER schools.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: December 06, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »
This thread will not be complete until Former President Bill Clinton posts here. I won't give up on it until that happens.
To the cigars thread!

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: December 06, 2011, 05:07:32 PM »
:lol: it's just never going to stop. i mean there is just a never ending supply of these guys

It's like the war in Iraq. You've got the money, technology and brains, but they keep sending in suicide bombers

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: December 06, 2011, 05:07:53 PM »
You know, ever since I've cheered for K-State since back in the 90's.  LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is a class act.  Your uniforms are snazzy, but I've had to rethink things lately.  See, I came across this thread via Facebook, and at first I couldn't believe it was real.  It's so absurd that someone might *really* think that by playing THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS your K-State "brand" of football might somehow take a hit.  It's ridiculous...surreal, even.  At first I figured this must all be an elaborate set up by U of A folks trying to get our players fired up before the bowl.  But after skimming PAGES and PAGES of the most uneducated, asinine comments regarding this bowl matchup, I decided a little research was needed.  Funny thing, research.  It has the ability to strip bare all the horrifyingly stupid illusions K-State fans hold about their program.  Enjoy!

Inaugural Football Season:  You 1896, us 1894
Average Home Attendance:  You 49,816, us 68,932
All-Time Win/Loss Record:  You 466-610-41, us 676-451-40
All-Time Win Percentage:  You 41.7 (which is pathetic, by the way), us 57.9
Winningest Head Coach and His Win Percentage:  You LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder 159-82-1 (65.7%), us Frank Broyles 149-62-6 (68.6%)
Number of Consensus All-Americans (All-Time):  11 to 23
Number of Players Drafted by the NFL (All-Time):  131 to 253
Number of Players Currently in the NFL:  13 to 16
Number of NFL Hall of Famers:  0 (awww…) to 2
Number of Conference Championships:  5 to 13
Number of Bowl Appearances:  14 to 38
Number of Bowl Victories:  6 to 12
Number of Top 10 Finishes:  6 (which puts you behind “powerhouse” programs such as Army, Navy, North Carolina and Arizona State!) to 13
Number of Top 5 Finishes (1951 – Present):  0 (awww…) to 3
Number of Football National Championships:  0 (awww…) to 1

How's that for "brand?"

You know, a program with only about 20 years of "history" in a sport that's 142 years old doesn't really have a history.

You guys want to know why we aren't in the Big XII?  We left the SWC two years before it collapsed (guess they couldn't survive without us).  At least twice the Big XII has made overtures to us about joining your conference.  When we were done laughing at you, we politely declined.  We'd rather play in the one conference that is a cut above:  the SEC (Six national championships in a row, people.  Six.)
You know, any of you could have learned this through the "Miracle of Literacy," but I guess you don't have to be literate to graduate from Kansas State.  I guess they just hurl diplomas at random passers-by on their horses or tractors or whatever.  How 'bout y'all stick to subjects you understand...like...corn.
You call us racists, but I doubt most Kansans even know a soul who isn't lily white.  Our state is racially diverse, and most folks here have learned to live and work together...and we LIKE it that way (10.4% of our businesses are minority owned compared to 7.7% of yours).  You call us poor hillbillies, but last I looked we have more companies in the Fortune 500 than you.  I could go on about Arkansas' advantages, but I'll just sum it up by saying I'll take a delta sunrise, a drive through the Ouachita Forest or a breezy Ozark evening to that flat, endless expanse of cowpasture called Kansas.

How are things in corn?

Let me paraphrase this for everyone so you don't have to read it.  He pretty much said,

"If yall don't lyke Arkansaw, yall don lyke Amurrika.  Herp de herp.  Corn.

Dumbing it down so your fans will comprehend it, I see.  :lol:

I studied Arkansawnees as a foreign language in high school.  Never thought it would be useful until yesterday.   :dunno:  You just never know when that upper level education (as you would call it) will come in handy.

So you translated from English to Arkansawees for KSU fans to understand? That upper level education is really paying off, I see. Let me guess, it's from KSU?

Never go full respect.

As a huge fisherman, I have always wondered what kind of bait works best in the southern states.  I didn't think I'd find my answer on goEMAW.com.  Life is just one surprise after the other.

Bill?
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline LynchMob

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: December 06, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »
Number of Bowl Appearances:  14 to 38
Number of Bowl Victories:  6 to 12

12-26????????????????????????? HOLY rough ridin' crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the very first thing that caught my eye too. They've only won a little over 30% of the bowl games they've been to? How embarrassing. We have this win all locked up, judging by that stat alone.  :ksu:

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: December 06, 2011, 05:17:41 PM »
You know, ever since I've cheered for K-State since back in the 90's.  LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is a class act.  Your uniforms are snazzy, but I've had to rethink things lately.  See, I came across this thread via Facebook, and at first I couldn't believe it was real.  It's so absurd that someone might *really* think that by playing THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS your K-State "brand" of football might somehow take a hit.  It's ridiculous...surreal, even.  At first I figured this must all be an elaborate set up by U of A folks trying to get our players fired up before the bowl.  But after skimming PAGES and PAGES of the most uneducated, asinine comments regarding this bowl matchup, I decided a little research was needed.  Funny thing, research.  It has the ability to strip bare all the horrifyingly stupid illusions K-State fans hold about their program.  Enjoy!

Inaugural Football Season:  You 1896, us 1894
Average Home Attendance:  You 49,816, us 68,932
All-Time Win/Loss Record:  You 466-610-41, us 676-451-40
All-Time Win Percentage:  You 41.7 (which is pathetic, by the way), us 57.9
Winningest Head Coach and His Win Percentage:  You LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder 159-82-1 (65.7%), us Frank Broyles 149-62-6 (68.6%)
Number of Consensus All-Americans (All-Time):  11 to 23
Number of Players Drafted by the NFL (All-Time):  131 to 253
Number of Players Currently in the NFL:  13 to 16
Number of NFL Hall of Famers:  0 (awww…) to 2
Number of Conference Championships:  5 to 13
Number of Bowl Appearances:  14 to 38
Number of Bowl Victories:  6 to 12
Number of Top 10 Finishes:  6 (which puts you behind “powerhouse” programs such as Army, Navy, North Carolina and Arizona State!) to 13
Number of Top 5 Finishes (1951 – Present):  0 (awww…) to 3
Number of Football National Championships:  0 (awww…) to 1

How's that for "brand?"

You guys want to know why we aren't in the Big XII?  We left the SWC two years before it collapsed (guess they couldn't survive without us).  At least twice the Big XII has made overtures to us about joining your conference.  When we were done laughing at you, we politely declined.  We'd rather play in the one conference that is a cut above:  the SEC (Six national championships in a row, people.  Six.)
You know, any of you could have learned this through the "Miracle of Literacy," but I guess you don't have to be literate to graduate from Kansas State.  I guess they just hurl diplomas at random passers-by on their horses or tractors or whatever.  How 'bout y'all stick to subjects you understand...like...corn.
You call us racists, but I doubt most Kansans even know a soul who isn't lily white.  Our state is racially diverse, and most folks here have learned to live and work together...and we LIKE it that way (10.4% of our businesses are minority owned compared to 7.7% of yours).  You call us poor hillbillies, but last I looked we have more companies in the Fortune 500 than you.  I could go on about Arkansas' advantages, but I'll just sum it up by saying I'll take a delta sunrise, a drive through the Ouachita Forest or a breezy Ozark evening to that flat, endless expanse of cowpasture called Kansas.

How are things in corn?

Let me paraphrase this for everyone so you don't have to read it.  He pretty much said,

"If yall don't lyke Arkansaw, yall don lyke Amurrika.  Herp de herp.  Corn.

Dumbing it down so your fans will comprehend it, I see.  :lol:

I studied Arkansawnees as a foreign language in high school.  Never thought it would be useful until yesterday.   :dunno:  You just never know when that upper level education (as you would call it) will come in handy.

So you translated from English to Arkansawees for KSU fans to understand? That upper level education is really paying off, I see. Let me guess, it's from KSU?

Never go full respect.

As a huge fisherman, I have always wondered what kind of bait works best in the southern states.  I didn't think I'd find my answer on goEMAW.com.  Life is just one surprise after the other.

Billy Bob?

Offline Razorback Red

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: December 06, 2011, 05:19:26 PM »
Believe it or not those of us here in Arkansas do know how to read, we do wear shoes, and not all of us work or shop at Wal-Mart. (And to the dumb A** Kansan that said "walmarts"...there is only one of them at each location not two). However, I do know that the white bread trailer trash of Kansas can’t afford to shop at Wal-Mart most of them shop at dollar general. As far as your football program goes all time win lose record FACT 447-612-41. That is the number of wins-loses-ties in school history. You are not even 500 all time. So tell me, no explain to me how you are the "second most hallowed program behind Note Dame" By the way Arkansas is 686-453-40 all time. That too is a FACT!!! Your Secondary is ranked 104th out of 120 schools FACT, and we have the #1 Pass offense. This does not look good for Kansas State. I think that Bobby Petrino is going to have our 2A High School State Championship team come to play the second half for the Razorbacks. All of this being said I feel like the Kansas State fans should just continue Living in their trailer houses, eating mayonnaise sandwiches and F***ing their sisters. Save your foods stamps don’t cash them in the go to the game feed your children and stay home instead.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: December 06, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »
Believe it or not those of us here in Arkansas do know how to read, we do wear shoes, and not all of us work or shop at Wal-Mart. (And to the dumb A** Kansan that said "walmarts"...there is only one of them at each location not two). However, I do know that the white bread trailer trash of Kansas can’t afford to shop at Wal-Mart most of them shop at dollar general. As far as your football program goes all time win lose record FACT 447-612-41. That is the number of wins-loses-ties in school history. You are not even 500 all time. So tell me, no explain to me how you are the "second most hallowed program behind Note Dame" By the way Arkansas is 686-453-40 all time. That too is a FACT!!! Your Secondary is ranked 104th out of 120 schools FACT, and we have the #1 Pass offense. This does not look good for Kansas State. I think that Bobby Petrino is going to have our 2A High School State Championship team come to play the second half for the Razorbacks. All of this being said I feel like the Kansas State fans should just continue Living in their trailer houses, eating mayonnaise sandwiches and F***ing their sisters. Save your foods stamps don’t cash them in the go to the game feed your children and stay home instead.

"If yall don lyke Arkansaw, yall don lyke Amurrika.  Herp de herp.  Corn."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: December 06, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
Dollar General does have some good generic GirlScout cookies.  :thumbs:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: December 06, 2011, 05:23:11 PM »
This thread has gone from

to just

@mikec2w

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: December 06, 2011, 05:32:35 PM »
This thread, and everything that has happened in it, may be the most epic thing I have seen on the internet. You guys are awesome and it almost makes me want to convert. Congrats Cats...please use your vastly superior resources and tradition as well as your abundance of 5 star talent to beat the crap out of those racist, inbred, dog fuckers! Boomer Sooner!

Thanks Dustin :cheers:
Thank you for letting me know this damn site blasts your email out there like that...that could have gotten really bad for me!

that's what friends are for!

Wait, you have friends? Oh I see now, he is a Sooner, dumbass...
Thanks    greg... [email protected]
He's even got a racist name.  :sdeek:

Westboro Homophobes calling an Arkansan racist.

Pot meet kettle, pun intended.

How's Jenny-babe doin'? And why did it take you 11 years after you graduated to find someone to stay with you? Are you that undesirable?

You outkicked your coverage Greg.  You'd better get off these interwebs and make sure Jenny isn't stepping out.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: December 06, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »
How can you say the hogs are smalltime?have you seen our record?????im sure after the game,you will understand a bit more about the hogs,,doesnt matter where they play,in dallas,or new orleans,big ARKANSAS WIN.

i believe this is argument has been made in a much more fantastic fashion. see:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: December 06, 2011, 05:33:37 PM »
Props to the ksu fans who kept the trolls coming. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go smoke some meth and then I have a date with my sister and some random barnyard animal

typical.

Offline Dingo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: December 06, 2011, 05:36:19 PM »
It's like the seige at Minas Tirith in The Two Towers.  Ugly, snaggle-tooth trolls coming at us from as far as the eye can see.
I'm not a psychopath.  I'm a high-functioning sociopath.  Do your research.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: December 06, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »
By tomorrow morning, I expect GPC members to start posting email addresses.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline HOGFANFORLIFE09

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: December 06, 2011, 06:01:30 PM »
It is amazing to me how all these "die-hard" sports fans from Kansas State have never heard of the U of A. If they ever bothered to watch Sportscenter, read a sports section of the paper, knew how to get on the internet, they would have known who the Hogs are. Arkansas was ranked number 3 in week 13. ALWAYS ahead of KState. We started in the Top 25. Haven't been out all season. Did you? Didn't think so. Your football team only had two losses, good job. We did too, to the 1 and 2 teams in the nation. I don't think that's too shabby. Your losses were to OU and OSU. OSU lost to Iowa State, they weren't even ranked. OU lost THREE times. THREE. To an unranked Texas Tech team, a #22 Baylor and to OSU. It took you four OTs to beat Texas A&M, we whooped them up and down the field in Cowboys Stadium. Us "hillbillies" made the trip to Dallas and outnumbered the A&M fans. I'll be surprised if your fans can read a map to get to the stadium.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: December 06, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »
It's like the seige at Minas Tirith in The Two Towers.  Ugly, snaggle-tooth trolls coming at us from as far as the eye can see.

Technically the siege in "The Two Towers" was Helm's Deep.  The one at Minas Tirith was in "Return of the King".   :adored:

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: December 06, 2011, 06:05:56 PM »
It is amazing to me how all these "die-hard" sports fans from Kansas State have never heard of the U of A. If they ever bothered to watch Sportscenter, read a sports section of the paper, knew how to get on the internet, they would have known who the Hogs are. Arkansas was ranked number 3 in week 13. ALWAYS ahead of KState. We started in the Top 25. Haven't been out all season. Did you? Didn't think so. Your football team only had two losses, good job. We did too, to the 1 and 2 teams in the nation. I don't think that's too shabby. Your losses were to OU and OSU. OSU lost to Iowa State, they weren't even ranked. OU lost THREE times. THREE. To an unranked Texas Tech team, a #22 Baylor and to OSU. It took you four OTs to beat Texas A&M, we whooped them up and down the field in Cowboys Stadium. Us "hillbillies" made the trip to Dallas and outnumbered the A&M fans. I'll be surprised if your fans can read a map to get to the stadium.

I'm just gonna start calling this the 31 days of Christmas.  :thumbsup:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: December 06, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: December 06, 2011, 06:09:49 PM »

You mean to tell me that you guys are so good that you didn't even have to play a game and you were ranked?

:runaway:

Guys, I think we are in REAL trouble here.  We are playing a preseason top 25 team!

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: December 06, 2011, 06:11:55 PM »
It is amazing to me how all these "die-hard" sports fans from Kansas State have never heard of the U of A. If they ever bothered to watch Sportscenter, read a sports section of the paper, knew how to get on the internet, they would have known who the Hogs are. Arkansas was ranked number 3 in week 13. ALWAYS ahead of KState. We started in the Top 25. Haven't been out all season. Did you? Didn't think so. Your football team only had two losses, good job. We did too, to the 1 and 2 teams in the nation.I don't think that's too shabby.
I don't think that's too shabby either, HOGFANFORLIFE09.   :)
Your losses were to OU and OSU. OSU lost to Iowa State, they weren't even ranked. OU lost THREE times. THREE. To an unranked Texas Tech team, a #22 Baylor and to OSU. It took you four OTs to beat Texas A&M, we whooped them up and down the field in Cowboys Stadium. Us "hillbillies" made the trip to Dallas and outnumbered the A&M fans. I'll be surprised if your fans can read a map to get to the stadium.
Now that was just totally uncalled for!   :shakesfist:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: December 06, 2011, 06:16:29 PM »
you liar
http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/passing

I don't know how I can trust you after this
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: December 06, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »
I like how horrible they think OU is with losses to Baylor, Tech, and OSU. 

I guess they draw the line at moral victories at losing to the number 2 team, not the number 3.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall