Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927548 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #1175 on: December 05, 2011, 06:22:24 PM »
What do you people do when you realize there is a comment section on youtube?

Drop a mentos in a diet coke for a preview

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 05, 2011, 06:22:51 PM »
Is Arkansas like the Texas Tech of the SEC? 
  I didnt know the Sorry State of Kanas had a football team!!! What Championships do you have?? :zzz:

you have kansas in the name of your state and still cant spell it? im starting to feel bad for you pig aggies

Offline WhoIsKansasState

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 05, 2011, 06:23:40 PM »
To answer your question, since obviously you don't watch much college football at all, yes, playing Arkansas WILL hurt your image.

Let me explain.

While Kansas State plays mostly sub-par teams in an even more sub-par conference, Arkansas is playing 8-9 really good teams, mostly from the SEC. Kansas State beating Arkansas would be comparable to Mississippi State beating Alabama, not going to happen. Sorry to hurt your feelings, guys, but no one has even heard of Kansas State. Has Kansas State ever even been to a bowl game? I mean, I guess Kansas State has had some winning seasons, but with their schedule, a high school team (like Drew Central High School) could pull off a few winning seasons. Even if something crazy happened and Kansas State won the game, what would it prove? They have no REAL history of being a good, big team, and this will likely be one of the few bowl games in which they ever play. Arkansas, on the other hand, is in, by far, the most elite conference in college football. Not only that, but the same division  from which both #1 LSU and #2 Alabama also hail.

Look at it like this, Kansas State and Arkansas both have 2 losses. While Kansas state lost to two pretty good teams, Arkansas' only losses were to the two teams playing in the National Championship. Kansas State is lucky that even got the bowl bid they did, while Arkansas had to accept a much less prestigious bowl than they should have, because of a rule that only allows two SEC teams to participate in BCS bowl games. What that means, since I can tell by reading some of these posts that I may need to explain myself very thoroughly and speak in very simple terms for these Kansas State fans, is that Kansas state is earned their spot, and are very happy to have been chosen for the Cotton Bowl. Arkansas, however, should be playing in a BCS bowl game, but had to settle for the Cotton Bowl.

Arkansas fans, be easy on these guys. They truly are ignorant, and have no idea what real college football is all about. They think that Kent State, Eastern Kentucky, Miami (FL), Kansas, Texas A&M, and Iowa State are REAL, WORTHY opponents. They have finally somehow earned a bowl game, and they want to be excited about it and run Arkansas down. It's the classic "trailer park trash wins the lottery and tries to act like they are not trailer trash anymore" syndrome. It will be resolved about 10 minutes into the game on January 6th when they realize that they aren't playing the buttercup teams they played during their season. The previous post by "oldy hawg" pretty much sums it all up. Kansas State has a horrible overall record, not even close to .500 (for K-state fans, .500 is a decimal number that represents your team winning at least half of their games), while Arkansas, who just through the stats alone has a much, much more prestigious program, clocks in well over .500.

As for all the negativity and Kansas State fans putting down Arkansas, I have to laugh at it, and you guys should to. Because honestly, I have been to Kansas, and if any of you guys have, then that is all I have to say. As far as the talk about the razorbacks, stupidity, and missing teeth- I would have to say that Kansas State has the same problems: Kansas State is playing the RAZORBACKS in the Cotton bowl, it is just plain STUPIDITY that they think they even have a chance, and once their smaller, slower, and underfunded football program gets on the field with a REAL TEAM, K-State's players will likely be missing a few teeth.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 05, 2011, 06:23:52 PM »
You (and the entire state of Kansas) should be ashamed of yourself.

This might be the stupidest thing i've ever read.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 05, 2011, 06:24:40 PM »

Far and away the best pig aggie poster. After the game is over and all these retards leave, please stick around.  :love:
I seriously doubt that being asked to stick around here is an indication that I'm a good poster..  :bigtoke:

They really don't get it... us Hog Fans, really never leave.

why would you stay around?? Do you really have nothing else to do?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 05, 2011, 06:24:51 PM »
You (and the entire state of Kansas) should be ashamed of yourself.

This might be the stupidest thing i've ever read.

look right above your post

:lol:

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 05, 2011, 06:25:37 PM »
What do you people do when you realize there is a comment section on youtube?

Drop a mentos in a diet coke for a preview

There's nothing diet about this coke.  You guys sure recruit some fine young gentlemen at the qb position.   :thumbsup:

http://www.razorbloggers.net/2008/07/former-arkansas-quarterback-matt-jones-arrested/
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline HOGWILD PAYNE

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 05, 2011, 06:26:34 PM »
Okay KSUCKS fans.... Take a history lesson on the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS we produce NFL players.... When you accomplish something your pathetic school... Talk about the HOGS... Playing the Kansas State  will be a cake walk for the HOGS..... Actually beating you will not do anything for us... you are a mediocre at best football team!!! Our Preseason NONSEC schedule is tougher than what the Cotton Bowl will be!  :flush:  

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: December 05, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
To answer your question, since obviously you don't watch much college football at all, yes, playing Arkansas WILL hurt your image.

Let me explain.

While Kansas State plays mostly sub-par teams in an even more sub-par conference, Arkansas is playing 8-9 really good teams, mostly from the SEC. Kansas State beating Arkansas would be comparable to Mississippi State beating Alabama, not going to happen. Sorry to hurt your feelings, guys, but no one has even heard of Kansas State. Has Kansas State ever even been to a bowl game? I mean, I guess Kansas State has had some winning seasons, but with their schedule, a high school team (like Drew Central High School) could pull off a few winning seasons. Even if something crazy happened and Kansas State won the game, what would it prove? They have no REAL history of being a good, big team, and this will likely be one of the few bowl games in which they ever play. Arkansas, on the other hand, is in, by far, the most elite conference in college football. Not only that, but the same division  from which both #1 LSU and #2 Alabama also hail.

Look at it like this, Kansas State and Arkansas both have 2 losses. While Kansas state lost to two pretty good teams, Arkansas' only losses were to the two teams playing in the National Championship. Kansas State is lucky that even got the bowl bid they did, while Arkansas had to accept a much less prestigious bowl than they should have, because of a rule that only allows two SEC teams to participate in BCS bowl games. What that means, since I can tell by reading some of these posts that I may need to explain myself very thoroughly and speak in very simple terms for these Kansas State fans, is that Kansas state is earned their spot, and are very happy to have been chosen for the Cotton Bowl. Arkansas, however, should be playing in a BCS bowl game, but had to settle for the Cotton Bowl.

Arkansas fans, be easy on these guys. They truly are ignorant, and have no idea what real college football is all about. They think that Kent State, Eastern Kentucky, Miami (FL), Kansas, Texas A&M, and Iowa State are REAL, WORTHY opponents. They have finally somehow earned a bowl game, and they want to be excited about it and run Arkansas down. It's the classic "trailer park trash wins the lottery and tries to act like they are not trailer trash anymore" syndrome. It will be resolved about 10 minutes into the game on January 6th when they realize that they aren't playing the buttercup teams they played during their season. The previous post by "oldy hawg" pretty much sums it all up. Kansas State has a horrible overall record, not even close to .500 (for K-state fans, .500 is a decimal number that represents your team winning at least half of their games), while Arkansas, who just through the stats alone has a much, much more prestigious program, clocks in well over .500.

As for all the negativity and Kansas State fans putting down Arkansas, I have to laugh at it, and you guys should to. Because honestly, I have been to Kansas, and if any of you guys have, then that is all I have to say. As far as the talk about the razorbacks, stupidity, and missing teeth- I would have to say that Kansas State has the same problems: Kansas State is playing the RAZORBACKS in the Cotton bowl, it is just plain STUPIDITY that they think they even have a chance, and once their smaller, slower, and underfunded football program gets on the field with a REAL TEAM, K-State's players will likely be missing a few teeth.

:DNR:

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 05, 2011, 06:27:16 PM »

Because we love that helmet.

Nah, I'm not sure.  I do like the vibe of this place.  It is literally so over the top, it is ridiculous.  Most of our forums are heavily regulated/moderated, so you only get a select group of jackhats.  Here, it is full on WWIII.

Offline REL

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: December 05, 2011, 06:27:37 PM »
Was watching some film on pigaggy today.  This Darrel McFadding guy looks like a pretty good back.  Hope we can shut him down.
And again try doing some research....Hopefully your team is watching the same films.

Offline Lord McMutton

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 05, 2011, 06:28:24 PM »
 At this point, the addition of fellow Arkansans has made this entire thing quite amusing to watch. I'm gonna follow this for a bit longer and see what sort of mud each side will throw next.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 05, 2011, 06:30:49 PM »
I picture all of the PigAggy fans doing this right after they hit the "post" button....

:excited:
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 05, 2011, 06:31:15 PM »
Okay KSUCKS fans.... Take a history lesson on the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS we produce NFL players.... When you accomplish something your pathetic school... Talk about the HOGS... Playing the Kansas State  will be a cake walk for the HOGS..... Actually beating you will not do anything for us... you are a mediocre at best football team!!! Our Preseason NONSEC schedule is tougher than what the Cotton Bowl will be!  :flush:  

aspergers

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 05, 2011, 06:31:31 PM »
Was watching some film on pigaggy today.  This Darrel McFadding guy looks like a pretty good back.  Hope we can shut him down.
And again try doing some research....Hopefully your team is watching the same films.

we've addressed our film analysis already, and its a no brainer...

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=17207.0

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 05, 2011, 06:31:37 PM »

Nah, I'm not sure.  I do like the vibe of this place.  It is literally so over the top, it is ridiculous.  Most of our forums are heavily regulated/moderated, so you only get a select group of jackhats.  Here, it is full on WWIII.

it's not always like this, ya know. Gets pretty boring at times.
- chunkles

Offline farmerchip

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 05, 2011, 06:32:29 PM »
At this point, the addition of fellow Arkansans has made this entire thing quite amusing to watch. I'm gonna follow this for a bit longer and see what sort of mud each side will throw next.

What an interesting contribution, fella.

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 05, 2011, 06:32:55 PM »

Let me explain.

If there anything this thread has proven, its that this board is extremely receptive to giant blocks of text when posting.  I appreciate your contribution and plan on reading it as soon as I can!  Thanks for representing the Razorback fanbase so astutely! 

Offline richkos93

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 05, 2011, 06:33:08 PM »
Y'all do realize who you're playing right? You guys are playing the #6 ranked University of Arkansas Razorbacks. We're 10-2 and the third ranked team in the SEC. Arkansas has a giant fan base in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and is one of the most prominent football teams of today. We're in the top 5 for passing offense. You people from Kansas really need to get your facts straight.

Offline isyndercloned

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 05, 2011, 06:33:49 PM »
I have important information regarding coach Synder.He will be needing organ donors soon. Coach Synder is in desperate need
of the following organs. Heart. liver... just about all the vital one needed to live. The organs he got from the Bender family are in terrible shape. So after the Cotton Bowl you can register to be a Synder donor @ www.imoldazfck.com.

:jerk:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 05, 2011, 06:34:01 PM »
First of all, I'm not an Arkansas fan. But judging by the comments on this thread, KSU fans may be the most ignorant, clessless fanbase I have ever witnessed. Also, your ignorance of football is without equal. You have the second most recognizable brand behind Notre Dame? Only in the state of Kansas. You have one decent season and now you think you're an elite team. R-Kansas is going to destroy your 'elite' team. maybe you should have watched some football this season. But more than that, you guys show your ignorance with constant insults of Arkansa and its people. I would bet that 99% of you have never been outside of your little 'middle of nowhere' state. And the guy who is joking about a young man's death.... I'm speechless. Dude, you are pure trash, plain and simple. Only an uneducated fool, living in a trailer park would would ever do such a thing. I will enjoy coming back to this board after your beatdown. Stay classy Kstate.

Is this our own Luke's father?  :horrorsurprise:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:41:24 PM by john "teach me how to" dougie »

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 05, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »

Ugh, we've already proved K-State produces way better NFL talent...check like page 15 or something. It's laughable how bad your school is at producing quality NFL players.

Offline Lord McMutton

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 05, 2011, 06:34:31 PM »

What an interesting contribution, fella.

I know, right?

Offline REL

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 05, 2011, 06:34:40 PM »

Let me explain.

Well said....

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 05, 2011, 06:35:46 PM »

it's not always like this, ya know. Gets pretty boring at times.

WTF is that supposed to mean, Willie? I thought we had something together. But i guess a 20+ page thread on animated gifs was never enough for you, was it?