Author Topic: question for high football IQ people  (Read 13117 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
question for high football IQ people
« on: December 04, 2011, 10:46:01 PM »
i've studied a few hours of tape on arkansas (pig aggy) and am pretty convinced that our defense matches up 100% perfectly with pig aggy's offense.  i'd go so far as to say that there is no better match up all season from all teams. 

having established the great match up, i'm going on record and saying it in this post- we will hold Arkansas to a shut out.  they will not score a single point.  period.

i'd love to hear the thoughts/predictos from my fellow EMAW high football IQ'ers, thx.  GO K)S)-------------->U

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: question for high football IQ people
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
The only way we don't dominate is if the refs get involved.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 10:48:54 PM »
The only way we don't dominate is if the refs get involved.

i'd appreciate it if you would please leave the smack talk out of this thread.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:49:16 PM »
KSU vs UA is a total blowout.  Cats by no less than 30.  However, we will also be playing against Jerry Jones and his refs.  It's gonna be a tough one guys.

Offline BallHawg10

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 10:49:41 PM »
I just don't understand.

Is all of this sarcasm or what? Have you looked at some statistics or common opponents?  :dunno:

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 10:50:59 PM »
Im sure petrino has added a full 500 plays to his repertoire since that game...our OL was still young then too. Really the only teams i feel that can stop our offense are teams with amazing secondaries...which are the two teams we lost to

Offline 501HogFan

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 10:53:07 PM »
This is the funniest group of fans I have ever come across.      :grin:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 10:54:10 PM »
The first thing I always do when I analyze a team is ask myself if I even know who their quarterback is.  Arkansas?  No clue.  W.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »
I've been breaking down film on Arkansas since the announcement was made.  I found some major flaws in their coverage schemes as well as  fundamental weaknesses in their blocking techniques.  Looks like a sloppy team, and a coach who just rolls the ball out on the field.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 10:58:09 PM »
Remind me a lot of TTU, with a lessor quality QB.

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 10:59:20 PM »
I've been breaking down film on Arkansas since the announcement was made.  I found some major flaws in their coverage schemes as well as  fundamental weaknesses in their blocking techniques.  Looks like a sloppy team, and a coach who just rolls the ball out on the field.

The coverage scheme doesnt suprise me. A lot of fans want our DC fired...he sucks and gives like a 15 yard cushion. Instead of using LT, LG, RG, and RT for our OL, we play them strong side and weak side so we can flip them...we make them learn both ways. Our OL coach was the OL at nevada and has helped us a lot with the pistol formation. Our OL hasnt been great this year but we had to replace 3 from last year and are young

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 11:00:17 PM »
Im sure petrino has added a full 500 plays to his repertoire since that game...our OL was still young then too. Really the only teams i feel that can stop our offense are teams with amazing secondaries...which are the two teams we lost to

Our corners (David Garrett and Nigel Malone) are great.  The safeties (Tysyn Hartman and Ty Zimmerman) suck at pass coverage.

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 11:01:19 PM »
The first thing I always do when I analyze a team is ask myself if I even know who their quarterback is.  Arkansas?  No clue.  W.

Tyler Wilson will probably be 1st team all-SEC at QB...he has 22 TDs to 6 INTs on the season and has been knocked down 60 times, which is the most in the SEC. Hes a tough player.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 11:02:11 PM »

Tyler Wilson will probably be 1st team all-SEC at QB...he has 22 TDs to 6 INTs on the season and has been knocked down 60 times, which is the most in the SEC. Hes a tough player.
only 60? :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 11:02:43 PM »

i noticed the same stuff. they have some individual talent but are horribly coached and tend to play "thug ball". reminds me high school aau but at the collegiate fball level. coach snyder will outsmart them and we'll have just one more trophy on the shelves. go cats.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 11:04:06 PM »

only 60? :lol:

the chamber is laughing in his fat face
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 11:05:33 PM »

i noticed the same stuff. they have some individual talent but are horribly coached and tend to play "thug ball". reminds me high school aau but at the collegiate fball level. coach snyder will outsmart them and we'll have just one more trophy on the shelves. go cats.
I mean yes, they might (might) have the better athletes, but we are way more disciplined and smarter.  I think I remember a game this year when an Arkansas player went into the stands and tried to attack someone....might have been the Auburn game or something.   The whole team is kind of out of control.

Offline BallHawg10

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 11:10:26 PM »
I was at that game.

There were actually three players that went into the stands, but it wasn't to attack anybody. They just happened to see their sisters.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 11:11:07 PM »

I mean yes, they might (might) have the better athletes, but we are way more disciplined and smarter.  I think I remember a game this year when an Arkansas player went into the stands and tried to attack someone....might have been the Auburn game or something.   The whole team is kind of out of control.

arkansas is arkansas and they take a lot of chances on thugs and people that other schools are scared away from because they have a criminal past or might not qualify out of highschool or something similar. if you just show up, punch them back and are not coached by a completely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) football staff they will give up and you will win the second half by thirty. i saw this in the game they played the other week.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »
I was at that game.

There were actually three players that went into the stands, but it wasn't to attack anybody. They just happened to see their sisters.

:thumbs:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 11:15:01 PM »

arkansas is arkansas and they take a lot of chances on thugs and people that other schools are scared away from because they have a criminal past or might not qualify out of highschool or something similar. if you just show up, punch them back and are not coached by a completely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) football staff they will give up and you will win the second half by thirty. i saw this in the game they played the other week.

Against LSU? they will do that to everyone. We have like 3 come from behind wins this season in the 2nd half...and our team is mostly 3 stars so i dont think we are really taking chances on players other people want lol. We do talk a lot of smack, joe adams in particular, it gets on my nerves somtimes but our coaching staff wants us to play with swagger

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 11:21:40 PM »
So, were the players just trying to fight their sisters?  At least the rest of the crowd was safe.  :phew:

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 11:24:43 PM »
So, were the players just trying tofight incestuously eff their sisters?  At least the rest of the crowd was safe.  :phew:

fyp

Offline BallHawg10

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 11:25:49 PM »
So, were the players just trying to fight their sisters?  At least the rest of the crowd was safe.  :phew:

Yes, it was something about somebody's "baby-mama drama". Hell, I don't even try to keep up anymore. It's happened at least 3 times this season.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 11:28:54 PM »
They were trying to fight their sisters about some baby mama drama?  You guys are mumped up.