Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 936002 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #1125 on: December 05, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »
so did the kid use meth or not?

:popcorn:

No he didn't.  He died of natural causes.  Pretty funny huh you little piece of crap?

No it is not funny, man what kind of sick humor do you have anyway?  I mean Wow.

Thanks for the information about the death of your student athlete and condolences.  But geez no need to call names.

Friends? :cheers:

Offline NaturalState

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 05, 2011, 05:50:12 PM »
I have to quote Bugs Bunny as it relates to Kansas State:

"Poor Little Maroons...so trusting, so naive".

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I don't know if you know this Marilyn...but we(goEMAW) will not actually be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Just a heads up.

Well, since so many have seemed to be trying to represent the state, I just figured....
Regardless:  Can't both teams (is that better clarification, "stud"?) just bring their best game to the field, and let what happens happen?

I don't represent the U of A Razorbacks.  But, I'm Arkansas born and I take an enormous amount of umbrage with the amount of nastiness some of you all have posted.
Thanks to whoever pulled the "tribute" to Garrett.  It was totally uncalled for, vile, nasty and mean spirited!
Don't pick on a kid who passed away too soon... :curse:

Maybe he shouldn't have done so much meth then...

TOO FAR. Don't be a classless misrepresentation of your state. Some of the stupidest people in the world (Westboro) come from your state, and you aren't doing much to distance yourself from that. You are a terrible representation of K-State, Kansas, the USA, and the human race as a whole. Please either take that comment back, or leave this post forever. That was classless, uncalled for, and hugely disrespectful.

:horrorsurprise:

Some people just can't handle a little joshing.  Now, who's going to Pizza Hut with me?

JOSHING???? I can handle joshing, or making fun of our team/state/fans a little, but saying that about a young man's LIFE, and now TRYING TO DEFEND IT?! That Westboro bad. That's someone's kid man. Someone's best friend, someone's teammate, someone who NEVER DID OR SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE TOWARDS YOU IN THEIR LIFE. You are a piece of scum. You should be genuinely ashamed of yourself.

Then stop reading this board.

You're honestly going to go and make an offensive joke about a young man who tragically died, THEN DEFEND IT, then DEFEND your defense of it by saying "Then stop reading this board"??? Some things are wrong wherever they are said. This is one of them. The fact that you would do that, and refuse to take it back shows that you are a classless individual. You (and the entire state of Kansas) should be ashamed of yourself. Argue football all you want, but shut your piece of garbage mouth about Ueckman. You are an embarrassment to the human race. I pray to god not all K-State fans are like you (or anything like you). You are a worthless individual.

Although football is obviously secondary to this, I can't WAIT till we kill your slappy team by 30+ points

Offline K-State Is Great!

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 05, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »
What’s the difference between a Kansas State woman and a bowling ball? You can only get three fingers in a bowling ball!
Go Hogs Go

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 05, 2011, 05:50:32 PM »
I haven't read this board since last night and man have I missed a lot. Arkansas fans really need to learn what sarcasm is. There's a lot on this board.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 05, 2011, 05:50:57 PM »

I don't think the tone of kslimlb3's and some other posts is necessary, but you K-State fans who have posted on this site do kind of deserve it.

mods any chance i can get this as the word for at least an hour? i kind of deserve it

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 05, 2011, 05:51:06 PM »
 :clac: let me know when there are more pics with MacGregor footballs
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 05, 2011, 05:51:48 PM »

No he didn't.  He died of natural causes.  Pretty funny huh you little piece of crap?

life, and therefore death, is a funny thing. has arkansas found out about existentialism yet?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:13 PM »

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I don't know if you know this Marilyn...but we(goEMAW) will not actually be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Just a heads up.

Well, since so many have seemed to be trying to represent the state, I just figured....
Regardless:  Can't both teams (is that better clarification, "stud"?) just bring their best game to the field, and let what happens happen?

I don't represent the U of A Razorbacks.  But, I'm Arkansas born and I take an enormous amount of umbrage with the amount of nastiness some of you all have posted.
Thanks to whoever pulled the "tribute" to Garrett.  It was totally uncalled for, vile, nasty and mean spirited!

TOO FAR. Don't be a classless misrepresentation of your state. Some of the stupidest people in the world (Westboro) come from your state, and you aren't doing much to distance yourself from that. You are a terrible representation of K-State, Kansas, the USA, and the human race as a whole. Please either take that comment back, or leave this post forever. That was classless, uncalled for, and hugely disrespectful.

Some people just can't handle a little joshing.  Now, who's going to Pizza Hut with me?

JOSHING???? I can handle joshing, or making fun of our team/state/fans a little, but saying that about a young man's LIFE, and now TRYING TO DEFEND IT?! That Westboro bad. That's someone's kid man. Someone's best friend, someone's teammate, someone who NEVER DID OR SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE TOWARDS YOU IN THEIR LIFE. You are a piece of scum. You should be genuinely ashamed of yourself.

You're honestly going to go and make an offensive joke about a young man who tragically died, THEN DEFEND IT, then DEFEND your defense of it by saying "Then stop reading this board"??? Some things are wrong wherever they are said. This is one of them. The fact that you would do that, and refuse to take it back shows that you are a classless individual. You (and the entire state of Kansas) should be ashamed of yourself. Argue football all you want, but shut your piece of garbage mouth about Ueckman. You are an embarrassment to the human race. I pray to god not all K-State fans are like you (or anything like you). You are a worthless individual.

Although football is obviously secondary to this, I can't WAIT till we kill your slappy team by 30+ points

Question.  Will you stop reading this board?

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:27 PM »

Our 72 year old coach is still alive but your 19 year old player "died of natural causes"?  :confused:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 05, 2011, 05:52:38 PM »
What’s the difference between a Kansas State woman and a bowling ball? You can only get three fingers in a bowling ball!

are you rough ridin' kidding me  :facepalm:

Offline kb303

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 05, 2011, 05:53:09 PM »
Fellow Arkansas fans your just fueling the fire by responding to them about Garrett. They don't care how many names you call them or what you say. They are obviously young college guys with no children, b/c as a parent, you know that you don't wish losing a child on anyone. One day when they have children they will understand, but as of right now you can't argue with a college frat boy. Leave it alone, its not a good way to honor Garrett's memory by having him blasted all over some blog.

Offline farmerchip

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 05, 2011, 05:53:26 PM »

Yeah, it wasn't rough ridin' funny!  Never will be.  

I can take smack be talking about Arkansas as a whole, the Razorbacks, etc.  In fact, if you'll look back--I did.  

A kid died.  Leave him alone.  He does have family that is still grieving their enormous loss.  For the love of everything that is holy, and as a representative of the state of Kansas show some respect.  It's not a joking matter

Now sweety don't go tellin' these folks how to run their board.  Funny as it were, they seems to have taken it down.  Dontcha worry.  Everyone knows K-state fans really see the humor in the kids death, and that's enough.

Offline Marine1

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 05, 2011, 05:53:34 PM »
HEY K-STATE FANS. I know you guys are only good at responding ignorantly to the few ignorant hog fans (based on what I have been reading in this blog), but could one of you legitimately answer my post?:

So, wait a second, I'm obviously an Arkansas fan, but can a true K-State fan answer me a couple questions?

1. How would beating Arkansas (a team ranked above yours in every poll, a team widely regarded as having a more storied history, and a team favored to win) hurt the image of your program in any way? I thought wins against good teams were a good thing for your program, but maybe things are different in Kansas.

2. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Arkansas Razorback football team, if you're being completely honest?

3. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Kansas State football team, if you're being completely honest?

4. What do you think the score will be, if you're being completely honest?

As for my answers to those questions:
1. It doesn't. It would be a huge win for K-State to beat Arkansas, who many see as the 3rd best team in the SEC (who pretty much everyone agrees is the strongest conference in CFB). There would be literally nothing but positives for K-State if they were able to pull off this upset.

2. I think they see them as a strong team in the strongest conference. They see them as right there in that 2nd tier of great teams (Bama and LSU being at the top), alongside teams like Oregon, Ok State, Stanford (begrudgingly), and maybe Boise.

3. I think they see them as an underdog who have had a great season under a great coach. They're probably in the 3rd tier of CFB teams with the likes of South Carolina, Wisconsin, Va Tech, and Baylor.

4. I think Arkansas will definitely win, but it won't be a huge blowout. I see K-State putting up a good fight for a half or so, then Arkansas' great passing offense and NFL quality receivers running wild over K-State's less than stellar pass D. Klein running the ball will be the majority of K-State's offense (Arkansas has a poor run defense, and isn't very good with mobile QBs).

But I'd like to hear a K-State fan's honest views, because I've only ever met 1 or two (despite living all over the country and overseas).

I'm assuming (and hoping for your own sake) that this whole blog topic is a joke, but if it isn't, please answer these questions for me.
1.  Playing a janky 3rd place team isn't exactly the kind of pub we want for our program at this juncture.  They might associate us with the janky, 3rd place traits that characterize WPS.
2. Janky, 3rd place in own division.
3. 2nd place in the best conference in the country. 
4. 45-17 Cats

So you are HONESTLY and UNBIASEDLY telling me that you think the Big 12 is better than the SEC? AND you think that is the way America sees it too? I feel that the title game would say otherwise.....

Why do you guys keep saying the SEC is the best football conference?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Just depends on where you get your info.

http://realtimerpi.com/football/ncaaf_conf_Men.html

The SEC has produced six (this year being the 6th) National Champions in a row and from 4 different teams.  That's a pretty good indicator that its the toughest conference right now.  It also has more teams in the Top 25 (6) than any other conference, including 4 of those 6 finishing in the Top 10.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:55:06 PM by Marine1 »

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 05, 2011, 05:53:46 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

ALL THIS NAME CALLING IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE!  :horrorsurprise:

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 05, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
I agree we should stop blogging about it too.  Well said, kb303.  War Pig Sooey.  

Offline CAHog

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: December 05, 2011, 05:55:39 PM »
WOW - I used to think that posts by Hog fans on THEIR board were low-life (and many are) but y'all take the cake. Nasty stuff here AND it won't matter much when the Razorbacks kick you from Dallas back to the Religionist State. People who live in glass houses ---- Westboro, most creationists per capita, murdering a doctor ... now add this mean-spirited crapola. Sick. (couldn't find the fire hydrant emoticon)

Offline ksateBLOWS

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 05, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »
so you kansas people like busch light and skittles?  On my 300k salary I prefer a  nice filet( it is steak for the kansas people who don't know) and nice bottle of champagne... must suck to be a kansas state fan wabbassshhhhhhor whatever the eff that gay sound y'all do means

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 05, 2011, 05:56:11 PM »
Fellow Arkansas fans your just fueling the fire by responding to them about Garrett. They don't care how many names you call them or what you say. They are obviously young college guys with no children, b/c as a parent, you know that you don't wish losing a child on anyone. One day when they have children they will understand, but as of right now you can't argue with a college frat boy. Leave it alone, its not a good way to honor Garrett's memory by having him blasted all over some blog.

BBSing (as it is apparently called around here) isn't blogging, and this isn't meant to be taken seriously.  You really think anybody associated with Kansas State, or humankind for that matter, would make a meth joke to the kids parents or friends? 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 05, 2011, 05:57:44 PM »
"Although football is obviously secondary to this, I can't WAIT till we kill your slappy team by 30+ points"

why i oughta.

classless and unecessary good sir.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 05, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »
so you kansas people like busch light and skittles?  On my 300k salary I prefer a  nice filet( it is steak for the kansas people who don't know) and nice bottle of champagne... must suck to be a kansas state fan wabbassshhhhhhor whatever the eff that gay sound y'all do means
I like Busch Light and Skittles. Mix it together, you get Skittlebrau.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 05, 2011, 05:58:38 PM »

BBSing (as it is apparently called around here) isn't blogging, and this isn't meant to be taken seriously.  You really think anybody associated with Kansas State, or humankind for that matter, would make a meth joke to the kids parents or friends?  

Well said, Ham.  Now let's get back on topic where we talk about how winning over pigaggy does absolutely nothing for the KState football program.   :popcorn:
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 05, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
I hope KSU never gets so low that we have to validate ourselves through the succes of our rivals. Its a total Iowa State move.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 05, 2011, 05:59:15 PM »
HEY K-STATE FANS. I know you guys are only good at responding ignorantly to the few ignorant hog fans (based on what I have been reading in this blog), but could one of you legitimately answer my post?:

So, wait a second, I'm obviously an Arkansas fan, but can a true K-State fan answer me a couple questions?

1. How would beating Arkansas (a team ranked above yours in every poll, a team widely regarded as having a more storied history, and a team favored to win) hurt the image of your program in any way? I thought wins against good teams were a good thing for your program, but maybe things are different in Kansas.

2. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Arkansas Razorback football team, if you're being completely honest?

3. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Kansas State football team, if you're being completely honest?

4. What do you think the score will be, if you're being completely honest?

As for my answers to those questions:
1. It doesn't. It would be a huge win for K-State to beat Arkansas, who many see as the 3rd best team in the SEC (who pretty much everyone agrees is the strongest conference in CFB). There would be literally nothing but positives for K-State if they were able to pull off this upset.

2. I think they see them as a strong team in the strongest conference. They see them as right there in that 2nd tier of great teams (Bama and LSU being at the top), alongside teams like Oregon, Ok State, Stanford (begrudgingly), and maybe Boise.

3. I think they see them as an underdog who have had a great season under a great coach. They're probably in the 3rd tier of CFB teams with the likes of South Carolina, Wisconsin, Va Tech, and Baylor.

4. I think Arkansas will definitely win, but it won't be a huge blowout. I see K-State putting up a good fight for a half or so, then Arkansas' great passing offense and NFL quality receivers running wild over K-State's less than stellar pass D. Klein running the ball will be the majority of K-State's offense (Arkansas has a poor run defense, and isn't very good with mobile QBs).

But I'd like to hear a K-State fan's honest views, because I've only ever met 1 or two (despite living all over the country and overseas).

I'm assuming (and hoping for your own sake) that this whole blog topic is a joke, but if it isn't, please answer these questions for me.
1.  Playing a janky 3rd place team isn't exactly the kind of pub we want for our program at this juncture.  They might associate us with the janky, 3rd place traits that characterize WPS.
2. Janky, 3rd place in own division.
3. 2nd place in the best conference in the country. 
4. 45-17 Cats

So you are HONESTLY and UNBIASEDLY telling me that you think the Big 12 is better than the SEC? AND you think that is the way America sees it too? I feel that the title game would say otherwise.....

Why do you guys keep saying the SEC is the best football conference?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Just depends on where you get your info.

http://realtimerpi.com/football/ncaaf_conf_Men.html

The SEC has produced six (this year being the 6th) National Champions in a row and from 4 different teams.  That's a pretty good indicator that its the toughest conference right now.  It also has more teams in the Top 25 (6) than any other conference, including 4 of those 6 finishing in the Top 10.

Your link also shows the SOS, which is a better indicator as to top to bottom strength. Your top teams get  a few breaks during conf play. We only got 1.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 05, 2011, 05:59:28 PM »

BBSing (as it is apparently called around here) isn't blogging, and this isn't meant to be taken seriously.  You really think anybody associated with Kansas State, or humankind for that matter, would make a meth joke to the kids parents or friends? 

Far and away the best pig aggie poster. After the game is over and all these retards leave, please stick around.  :love:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 05, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
 :zzz: