Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927600 times)

Offline hogfan0434

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #1100 on: December 05, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »
Just a few snipets from some sports sites talking about the 2012 Cotton Bowl. Enjoy!

However, even amidst a growing challenge from multiple conferences, the Southeastern Conference, or SEC, still appears the most talented and toughest conference in all of college football.
Unlike most conferences, where only a team or two dominate, the SEC provides challenges for teams in the conference on a weekly basis. Even the lower quality teams in the division, such as Vanderbilt and Kentucky, in no way prove easy victories for opponents. The last five BCS National Champions hail from the SEC. Florida 2006, LSU 2007, Florida 2008, Alabama 2009, Auburn 2010. Other conferences such as the Big-12 do provide some challenge to the supremacy of the SEC. After all, the Big-12 is itself laden with powerhouses such as Oklahoma and Texas. However, unlike the SEC, a number of teams in the Big-12 do not measure up to the broad range of talent evident in the SEC. Numerous teams in the conference such as Baylor, Texas A&M, Missouri, Colorado and Kansas State mathematically and skill wise do match up with the weakest teams in the SEC.

Arkansas enters the Cotton Bowl with a 10-2 record and leading the SEC in passing offense (307.8), total offense (445.8) and ranked 2nd in the league in scoring offense (37.4). Also the Razorbacks are 3-0 all-time in Cowboys Stadium with victories in the Southwest Classic each of the last three seasons.

Arkansas's only loses are to the top two teams in the country, LSU and Alabama, who also happen to be the same two teams ahead of them in the SEC-West which is considered the better half of the stacked SEC the toughest football conference in the NCAA.

Well, that pretty well sums up how the rest of the country views the "prestigious" K State program. I think its funny that they keep ignoring the posts that have actual stats and expert opinions in them.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 05, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »
I have to quote Bugs Bunny as it relates to Kansas State:

"Poor Little Maroons...so trusting, so naive".

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I don't know if you know this Marilyn...but we(goEMAW) will not actually be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Just a heads up.

Well, since so many have seemed to be trying to represent the state, I just figured....
Regardless:  Can't both teams (is that better clarification, "stud"?) just bring their best game to the field, and let what happens happen?

I don't represent the U of A Razorbacks.  But, I'm Arkansas born and I take an enormous amount of umbrage with the amount of nastiness some of you all have posted.
Thanks to whoever pulled the "tribute" to Garrett.  It was totally uncalled for, vile, nasty and mean spirited!
Don't pick on a kid who passed away too soon... :curse:

Maybe he shouldn't have done so much meth then...

You, sir/madam are an ASS!  There is a special place in Hell for people who would make jokes, make light of, or otherwise disrespect a 19 y/o young man who died because of a heart condition.
  Smack talk about the Razorbacks, the program, the state, the fans, Walmart--anything but young Mr. Ueckman.  That kind of crap shows how classless and stupid you really are.  

Sorry for hurting your feelings on the internet.  :rolleyes:

Offline K-State Is Great!

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 05, 2011, 05:35:42 PM »
Forbes says Fayetteville, Arkansas one of the top 10 college sports towns.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/05/college-sports-towns-lifestyle-sports-college-towns_slide_5.html

Kansas State not mentioned...possibly because they don't count K-State as a college? Or the Wildcats as a sports team?
Also a great way to prank the Razorback message board nation would be to create a fake magazine and have it rank Northwest Arkansas as the most baddest ass place on Earth, some Hog fan would post that on a message board to prove how Northwest Arkansas is great within seconds. 

That made-up rag would be Forbes, saying Fayetteville is the #2 recession proof area in the nation.

Here you go, get someone from the Missouri side of Kansas City to read this to you: http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/09/recession-economy-cities-business-beltway-recovery-cities_slide_3.html
Go Hogs Go

Offline ksateBLOWS

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 05, 2011, 05:36:49 PM »
im glad to see all of the K-State fans to have no comments......  Good argument on the game

Offline MarilynKay

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 05, 2011, 05:37:19 PM »

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I don't know if you know this Marilyn...but we(goEMAW) will not actually be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Just a heads up.

Well, since so many have seemed to be trying to represent the state, I just figured....
Regardless:  Can't both teams (is that better clarification, "stud"?) just bring their best game to the field, and let what happens happen?

I don't represent the U of A Razorbacks.  But, I'm Arkansas born and I take an enormous amount of umbrage with the amount of nastiness some of you all have posted.
Thanks to whoever pulled the "tribute" to Garrett.  It was totally uncalled for, vile, nasty and mean spirited!

TOO FAR. Don't be a classless misrepresentation of your state. Some of the stupidest people in the world (Westboro) come from your state, and you aren't doing much to distance yourself from that. You are a terrible representation of K-State, Kansas, the USA, and the human race as a whole. Please either take that comment back, or leave this post forever. That was classless, uncalled for, and hugely disrespectful.

:horrorsurprise:

Some people just can't handle a little joshing.  Now, who's going to Pizza Hut with me?

Yeah, it wasn't rough ridin' funny!  Never will be.  

I can take smack be talking about Arkansas as a whole, the Razorbacks, etc.  In fact, if you'll look back--I did.  

A kid died.  Leave him alone.  He does have family that is still grieving their enormous loss.  For the love of everything that is holy, and as a representative of the state of Kansas show some respect.  It's not a joking matter

Offline CottonChampsEasily

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 05, 2011, 05:37:38 PM »

Yea well they let everyone in KSU.  Their acceptance rate is 98.5%.  Arkansas is 60.5%.  

I'd have to let everyone in too if my University was in the bad person of America, the American Midwest.

You realize Kansas and Arkansas are very close to each other... right?

Yes.  But you're people should be saying that KSU is elite because although we're much lower than we'd like to be, are becoming more selective, and moving up the ranking.  We still are 11 spots above KSU.  And the acceptance rate is pretty telling on the rigor of a college.  

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 05, 2011, 05:38:19 PM »
Forbes says Fayetteville, Arkansas one of the top 10 college sports towns.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/05/college-sports-towns-lifestyle-sports-college-towns_slide_5.html

Kansas State not mentioned...possibly because they don't count K-State as a college? Or the Wildcats as a sports team?
Also a great way to prank the Razorback message board nation would be to create a fake magazine and have it rank Northwest Arkansas as the most baddest ass place on Earth, some Hog fan would post that on a message board to prove how Northwest Arkansas is great within seconds. 

That made-up rag would be Forbes, saying Fayetteville is the #2 recession proof area in the nation.

Here you go, get someone from the Missouri side of Kansas City to read this to you: http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/09/recession-economy-cities-business-beltway-recovery-cities_slide_3.html
:lol:  I graduated from the University of Arkansas, dude.  I lived in Fayetteville for many years.  But to act like Northwest Arkansas isn't in need of affirmation in the absolute worst way is goofy. 

Want someone to tell you just how awesome NWA is to the point that you want to burn it just to prove them wrong?  Talk to someone from NWA. 

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 05, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »
I haven't been over here in awhile, but my favorite new Hog fan is whoever was bragging about wearing shirts from Jos. A. Bank.   :lol:

It is extremely wise to compliment your fellow posters when you find their content enjoyable.  

Good job, Ham.

This Ham is has got it going on. I'm guessing its honey glazed? Def ain't no discount smoked stuff.

Offline NaturalState

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 05, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

TOO FAR. Don't be a classless misrepresentation of your state. Some of the stupidest people in the world (Westboro) come from your state, and you aren't doing much to distance yourself from that. You are a terrible representation of K-State, Kansas, the USA, and the human race as a whole. Please either take that comment back, or leave this post forever. That was classless, uncalled for, and hugely disrespectful.

Some people just can't handle a little joshing.  Now, who's going to Pizza Hut with me?

JOSHING???? I can handle joshing, or making fun of our team/state/fans a little, but saying that about a young man's LIFE, and now TRYING TO DEFEND IT?! That Westboro bad. That's someone's kid man. Someone's best friend, someone's teammate, someone who NEVER DID OR SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE TOWARDS YOU IN THEIR LIFE. You are a piece of scum. You should be genuinely ashamed of yourself.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 05, 2011, 05:39:43 PM »
State Dollars Rank
    United States 38,611 (X)
Alabama 32,404 42
Alaska 40,352 15
Arizona 33,029 40
Arkansas 30,060 48
California 41,571 7
Colorado 41,042 10
Connecticut 54,117 1
Delaware 40,608 12
District of Columbia 61,092 (X)
Florida 38,444 20
Georgia 33,457 38
Hawaii 39,239 18
Idaho 31,197 44
Illinois 40,322 16
Indiana 33,616 37
Iowa 35,023 27
Kansas 36,768 22
Kentucky 31,111 46
Louisiana 34,756 31
Maine 33,722 35
Maryland 46,021 5
Massachusetts 49,082 3
Michigan 35,086 26
Minnesota 41,034 11
Mississippi 28,845 50
Missouri 34,389 32
Montana 32,458 41
Nebraska 36,471 24
Nevada 40,480 13
New Hampshire 41,512 8
New Jersey 49,194 2
New Mexico 31,474 43
New York 47,385 4
North Carolina 33,636 36
North Dakota 34,846 29
Ohio 34,874 28
Oklahoma 34,153 33
Oregon 34,784 30
Pennsylvania 38,788 19
Rhode Island 39,463 17
South Carolina 31,013 47
South Dakota 33,905 34
Tennessee 33,280 39
Texas 37,187 21
Utah 31,189 45
Vermont 36,670 23
Virginia 41,347 9
Washington 38,414 14
West Virginia 29,537 49
Wisconsin 36,047 25
Wyoming 43,226 6

Arkansas is poor.[/i][/u]
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: December 05, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
 :lynchmob: 34

PigAggie 28

Offline stobblebobby

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:03 PM »

Yea well they let everyone in KSU.  Their acceptance rate is 98.5%.  Arkansas is 60.5%.  

I'd have to let everyone in too if my University was in the bad person of America, the American Midwest.

You realize Kansas and Arkansas are very close to each other... right?

Yes.  But you're people should be saying that KSU is elite because although we're much lower than we'd like to be, are becoming more selective, and moving up the ranking.  We still are 11 spots above KSU.  And the acceptance rate is pretty telling on the rigor of a college.  

No. There is an elephant in the way.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 05, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I can take smack be talking about Arkansas as a whole, the Razorbacks, etc.  In fact, if you'll look back--I did.  

A kid died.  Leave him alone.  He does have family that is still grieving their enormous loss.  For the love of everything that is holy, and as a representative of the state of Kansas show some respect.  It's not a joking matter

You are the one reading this board. Pretty sure you don't have to unless you choose to. If it offends you, find a new site to post on.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 05, 2011, 05:42:24 PM »
HEY K-STATE FANS. I know you guys are only good at responding ignorantly to the few ignorant hog fans (based on what I have been reading in this blog), but could one of you legitimately answer my post?:

So, wait a second, I'm obviously an Arkansas fan, but can a true K-State fan answer me a couple questions?

1. How would beating Arkansas (a team ranked above yours in every poll, a team widely regarded as having a more storied history, and a team favored to win) hurt the image of your program in any way? I thought wins against good teams were a good thing for your program, but maybe things are different in Kansas.

2. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Arkansas Razorback football team, if you're being completely honest?

3. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Kansas State football team, if you're being completely honest?

4. What do you think the score will be, if you're being completely honest?

As for my answers to those questions:
1. It doesn't. It would be a huge win for K-State to beat Arkansas, who many see as the 3rd best team in the SEC (who pretty much everyone agrees is the strongest conference in CFB). There would be literally nothing but positives for K-State if they were able to pull off this upset.

2. I think they see them as a strong team in the strongest conference. They see them as right there in that 2nd tier of great teams (Bama and LSU being at the top), alongside teams like Oregon, Ok State, Stanford (begrudgingly), and maybe Boise.

3. I think they see them as an underdog who have had a great season under a great coach. They're probably in the 3rd tier of CFB teams with the likes of South Carolina, Wisconsin, Va Tech, and Baylor.

4. I think Arkansas will definitely win, but it won't be a huge blowout. I see K-State putting up a good fight for a half or so, then Arkansas' great passing offense and NFL quality receivers running wild over K-State's less than stellar pass D. Klein running the ball will be the majority of K-State's offense (Arkansas has a poor run defense, and isn't very good with mobile QBs).

But I'd like to hear a K-State fan's honest views, because I've only ever met 1 or two (despite living all over the country and overseas).

I'm assuming (and hoping for your own sake) that this whole blog topic is a joke, but if it isn't, please answer these questions for me.
1.  Playing a janky 3rd place team isn't exactly the kind of pub we want for our program at this juncture.  They might associate us with the janky, 3rd place traits that characterize WPS.
2. Janky, 3rd place in own division.
3. 2nd place in the best conference in the country.  
4. 45-17 Cats

So you are HONESTLY and UNBIASEDLY telling me that you think the Big 12 is better than the SEC? AND you think that is the way America sees it too? I feel that the title game would say otherwise.....

Why do you guys keep saying the SEC is the best football conference?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Offline K-State Is Great!

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 05, 2011, 05:42:48 PM »
What on earth are you talking about, cities aspire to be like Fayetteville.
Go Hogs Go

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 05, 2011, 05:43:20 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

JOSHING???? I can handle joshing, or making fun of our team/state/fans a little, but saying that about a young man's LIFE, and now TRYING TO DEFEND IT?! That Westboro bad. That's someone's kid man. Someone's best friend, someone's teammate, someone who NEVER DID OR SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE TOWARDS YOU IN THEIR LIFE. You are a piece of scum. You should be genuinely ashamed of yourself.

Then stop reading this board.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 05, 2011, 05:44:12 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

You are the one reading this board. Pretty sure you don't have to unless you choose to. If it offends you, find a new site to post on.

Don't listen to these guys, Marilyn.  I want you to stick around after the game and teach us about businessing.  

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 05, 2011, 05:44:42 PM »
so did the kid use meth or not?

:popcorn:

Offline farmerchip

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 05, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »
What on earth are you talking about, cities aspire to be like Fayetteville.

That lake with all the christmas trees and mexicans at the bottom sure is purty.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 05, 2011, 05:46:18 PM »

No he didn't.  He died of natural causes.  Pretty funny huh you little piece of crap?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 05, 2011, 05:47:09 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

JOSHING????

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 05, 2011, 05:48:33 PM »

Oh and he accomplished and was a better person in his short life and you ever will be W88 Pig S88ie!!!!!!

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 05, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »
i've noticed a tactical approach that most of the new posters have been using....

shout excuse as to why arkansas should be considered better than kansas state, when the numbers obviously show they are not.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 05, 2011, 05:48:50 PM »

No he didn't.  He died of natural causes.  Pretty funny huh you little piece of crap?

To use meth, you either have to know how to cook it (not likely) or have the means to buy it.  $30k per year avg income doesn't leave you with a whole lot of extra cash at the end of the day.  Just enough to buy some Busch Light and a pack of Skittles.

Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline RYAN_WRIGHT

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 05, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
<---- <grabs popcorn>