Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 935781 times)

Offline Lord McMutton

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #1075 on: December 05, 2011, 05:23:50 PM »
*Sigh*
Oh football, the chaos you've wrought.

Offline oldy hawg

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 05, 2011, 05:24:03 PM »
What a shame...

I don't think the tone of kslimlb3's and some other posts is necessary, but you K-State fans who have posted on this site do kind of deserve it.

I have seen nothing on Arkansas sites posting negatively about K-State. Quite the opposite, the comments I have seen have been respectful and complementary of K-State. Likely not any more since this blog/board has spewed out so much ignorance and insult. So, you might as well brace yourself. I hope most Razorback fans like myself will keep a respectful and intelligent tone, but I wouldn't count on it.

In the meanwhile you can look at the reality posted below on where our two programs level of success ranks nationally and compares to each other. Funny, when I heard we were playing K-State I thought gee... wish we were playing someone with a better national reputation. Then I thought... you know K-State is pretty salty this year. That may be a tough game.

I don't think there is any need for hostility. K-State has a very good team this year. It is very likely that Arkansas will beat K-State. However, K-State is very competitive and it appears to me that they have character not to quit fighting until the game is over. So, I would not be surprised if K-State won - but I think it is very unlikely if Arkansas plays a decent game.  If U of A is off, then K-State may beat them.

Before ignorance continues to rule the day on this K-State fan sight please take a look at reality and wake up.

Arkansas Razorback Football's history / record by far eclipses K-State.
The statements on this board are quite delusional.
The only category that K-State bests UofA is post season % - this is in part because K-State has played in so many fewer post season games (Ark 30, K-State 17)
Arkansas Razorback's winning percentage almost doubles that of K-State.

One of the reasons why these K-State posts on this board are so egregiously ignorant is because historically there is no comparison. K-State doesn't come anywhere close to U of A.
If it were not for Coach Snyder, K-State would not even be respectable.

According to - http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_1a.htm

# Games   REGULAR-SEASON         POST-SEASON          OVER-ALL    
Arkansas Razorbacks
                                                   721      458   251   12   .644        13   25   2   .350      471   276   14  .628  

Kansas State Wildcats
                                                   718      278   432     8   .393          7   10   0   .412         285   442   8  .393      

Arkansas Razorbacks -  has 1 National Championship, 13 conference championships, 45 All-Americans

Kansas State Wildcats - has 5 conference titles, 11  All-Americans

ESPN Counts Down College Football's Most Prestigious Teams
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3846173
* Arkansas Razorbacks #19
* K-State Wildcats #76

Please also compare conferences (Where is Big 12 ranked?):

REGULAR-SEASON                       POST-SEASON                           OVER-ALL    
                     LEAGUE                           G                   W            L             T   AVE.       W     L   T   AVE.        W               L       T      AVE.    
1.   Southeastern Conference       8,633       4,945   3,473   215   .585       208   185   10   .529       5,153   3,658   225   .583  
2.   Big Ten Conference                  8,447       4,666   3,594   187   .563       147   155   3   .487         4,813   3,749   190   .561    
3.   Atlantic Coast Conference       8,572       4,602   3,803   167   .547       155   144   5   .518         4,757   3,947   172   .546    
4.   Pacific Twelve Conference      8,617       4,613   3,818   186   .546       132   119   2   .526         4,745   3,937   188   .546    
5.   Big East Conference                5,087       2,690   2,318   79   .537            60   58   2   .508            2,750   2,376   81   .536    
6.   Big Twelve Conference           7,203       3,785   3,264   154   .536       132   130   3   .504          3,917   3,394   157   .535

Offline LSU FAN #1!

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 05, 2011, 05:24:13 PM »
HEY K-STATE FANS. I know you guys are only good at responding ignorantly to the few ignorant hog fans (based on what I have been reading in this blog), but could one of you legitimately answer my post?:

So, wait a second, I'm obviously an Arkansas fan, but can a true K-State fan answer me a couple questions?

1. How would beating Arkansas (a team ranked above yours in every poll, a team widely regarded as having a more storied history, and a team favored to win) hurt the image of your program in any way? I thought wins against good teams were a good thing for your program, but maybe things are different in Kansas.

2. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Arkansas Razorback football team, if you're being completely honest?

3. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Kansas State football team, if you're being completely honest?

4. What do you think the score will be, if you're being completely honest?

As for my answers to those questions:
1. It doesn't. It would be a huge win for K-State to beat Arkansas, who many see as the 3rd best team in the SEC (who pretty much everyone agrees is the strongest conference in CFB). There would be literally nothing but positives for K-State if they were able to pull off this upset.

2. I think they see them as a strong team in the strongest conference. They see them as right there in that 2nd tier of great teams (Bama and LSU being at the top), alongside teams like Oregon, Ok State, Stanford (begrudgingly), and maybe Boise.

3. I think they see them as an underdog who have had a great season under a great coach. They're probably in the 3rd tier of CFB teams with the likes of South Carolina, Wisconsin, Va Tech, and Baylor.

4. I think Arkansas will definitely win, but it won't be a huge blowout. I see K-State putting up a good fight for a half or so, then Arkansas' great passing offense and NFL quality receivers running wild over K-State's less than stellar pass D. Klein running the ball will be the majority of K-State's offense (Arkansas has a poor run defense, and isn't very good with mobile QBs).

But I'd like to hear a K-State fan's honest views, because I've only ever met 1 or two (despite living all over the country and overseas).

I'm assuming (and hoping for your own sake) that this whole blog topic is a joke, but if it isn't, please answer these questions for me.

I can't give this post its due diligence...I'll miss out on like 40 posts or something.

ha maybe you should learn how to read then it wouldnt take you so long.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 05, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
I have to quote Bugs Bunny as it relates to Kansas State:

"Poor Little Maroons...so trusting, so naive".

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I don't know if you know this Marilyn...but we(goEMAW) will not actually be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Just a heads up.

Well, since so many have seemed to be trying to represent the state, I just figured....
Regardless:  Can't both teams (is that better clarification, "stud"?) just bring their best game to the field, and let what happens happen?

I don't represent the U of A Razorbacks.  But, I'm Arkansas born and I take an enormous amount of umbrage with the amount of nastiness some of you all have posted.
Thanks to whoever pulled the "tribute" to Garrett.  It was totally uncalled for, vile, nasty and mean spirited!
Don't pick on a kid who passed away too soon... :curse:

Maybe he shouldn't have done so much meth then...

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 05, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »
 :driving:

Offline K-State Is Great!

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: December 05, 2011, 05:25:07 PM »
Forbes says Fayetteville, Arkansas one of the top 10 college sports towns.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/05/college-sports-towns-lifestyle-sports-college-towns_slide_5.html

Kansas State not mentioned...possibly because they don't count K-State as a college? Or the Wildcats as a sports team?
Go Hogs Go

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 05, 2011, 05:25:14 PM »

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I don't know if you know this Marilyn...but we(goEMAW) will not actually be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Just a heads up.

Well, since so many have seemed to be trying to represent the state, I just figured....
Regardless:  Can't both teams (is that better clarification, "stud"?) just bring their best game to the field, and let what happens happen?

I don't represent the U of A Razorbacks.  But, I'm Arkansas born and I take an enormous amount of umbrage with the amount of nastiness some of you all have posted.
Thanks to whoever pulled the "tribute" to Garrett.  It was totally uncalled for, vile, nasty and mean spirited!

:facepalm:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline KittiesWorstNM

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 05, 2011, 05:25:40 PM »
Interesting considering if K-State was to win it would be considered an upset.  I know you guys are all Snyder proud and all, but your program has not been prestigious for years.  

Hope you bring more than just Klein... Being that he is all of your offense.  Seriously, that guy held you guys up and i can't believe he wasn't considered in the Heisman race.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 05, 2011, 05:26:15 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

:facepalm:

I mean. Thoughts and prayers...

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 05, 2011, 05:26:54 PM »
OT - why do our butts seem "high and mighty"

TIA i'll listen off air

Offline NaturalState

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 05, 2011, 05:27:46 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

TOO FAR. Don't be a classless misrepresentation of your state. Some of the stupidest people in the world (Westboro) come from your state, and you aren't doing much to distance yourself from that. You are a terrible representation of K-State, Kansas, the USA, and the human race as a whole. Please either take that comment back, or leave this post forever. That was classless, uncalled for, and hugely disrespectful.

Offline Dingo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 05, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
What a shame...

I don't think the tone of kslimlb3's and some other posts is necessary, but you K-State fans who have posted on this site do kind of deserve it.

I have seen nothing on Arkansas sites posting negatively about K-State. Quite the opposite, the comments I have seen have been respectful and complementary of K-State. Likely not any more since this blog/board has spewed out so much ignorance and insult. So, you might as well brace yourself. I hope most Razorback fans like myself will keep a respectful and intelligent tone, but I wouldn't count on it.

In the meanwhile you can look at the reality posted below on where our two programs level of success ranks nationally and compares to each other. Funny, when I heard we were playing K-State I thought gee... wish we were playing someone with a better national reputation. Then I thought... you know K-State is pretty salty this year. That may be a tough game.

I don't think there is any need for hostility. K-State has a very good team this year. It is very likely that Arkansas will beat K-State. However, K-State is very competitive and it appears to me that they have character not to quit fighting until the game is over. So, I would not be surprised if K-State won - but I think it is very unlikely if Arkansas plays a decent game.  If U of A is off, then K-State may beat them.

Before ignorance continues to rule the day on this K-State fan sight please take a look at reality and wake up.

Arkansas Razorback Football's history / record by far eclipses K-State.
The statements on this board are quite delusional.
The only category that K-State bests UofA is post season % - this is in part because K-State has played in so many fewer post season games (Ark 30, K-State 17)
Arkansas Razorback's winning percentage almost doubles that of K-State.

One of the reasons why these K-State posts on this board are so egregiously ignorant is because historically there is no comparison. K-State doesn't come anywhere close to U of A.
If it were not for Coach Snyder, K-State would not even be respectable.

According to - http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_1a.htm

# Games   REGULAR-SEASON         POST-SEASON          OVER-ALL    
Arkansas Razorbacks
                                                   721      458   251   12   .644        13   25   2   .350      471   276   14  .628  

Kansas State Wildcats
                                                   718      278   432     8   .393          7   10   0   .412         285   442   8  .393      

Arkansas Razorbacks -  has 1 National Championship, 13 conference championships, 45 All-Americans

Kansas State Wildcats - has 5 conference titles, 11  All-Americans

ESPN Counts Down College Football's Most Prestigious Teams
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3846173
* Arkansas Razorbacks #19
* K-State Wildcats #76

Please also compare conferences (Where is Big 12 ranked?):

REGULAR-SEASON                       POST-SEASON                           OVER-ALL    
                     LEAGUE                           G                   W            L             T   AVE.       W     L   T   AVE.        W               L       T      AVE.    
1.   Southeastern Conference       8,633       4,945   3,473   215   .585       208   185   10   .529       5,153   3,658   225   .583  
2.   Big Ten Conference                  8,447       4,666   3,594   187   .563       147   155   3   .487         4,813   3,749   190   .561    
3.   Atlantic Coast Conference       8,572       4,602   3,803   167   .547       155   144   5   .518         4,757   3,947   172   .546    
4.   Pacific Twelve Conference      8,617       4,613   3,818   186   .546       132   119   2   .526         4,745   3,937   188   .546    
5.   Big East Conference                5,087       2,690   2,318   79   .537            60   58   2   .508            2,750   2,376   81   .536    
6.   Big Twelve Conference           7,203       3,785   3,264   154   .536       132   130   3   .504          3,917   3,394   157   .535

Dude, if you want watered down BBS'ing, there are plenty of K-State boards who will give it to you.  Don't tarnish the Elite board with bullshit like stats and sportsmanship.
I'm not a psychopath.  I'm a high-functioning sociopath.  Do your research.

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 05, 2011, 05:29:17 PM »
I haven't been over here in awhile, but my favorite new Hog fan is whoever was bragging about wearing shirts from Jos. A. Bank.   :lol:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 05, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 05, 2011, 05:29:38 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

TOO FAR. Don't be a classless misrepresentation of your state. Some of the stupidest people in the world (Westboro) come from your state, and you aren't doing much to distance yourself from that. You are a terrible representation of K-State, Kansas, the USA, and the human race as a whole. Please either take that comment back, or leave this post forever. That was classless, uncalled for, and hugely disrespectful.

K-State resorts to bashing young men who have passed on. Stay classy you scum.
Go Hogs Go

Offline MarilynKay

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 05, 2011, 05:29:51 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

You, sir/madam are an ASS!  There is a special place in Hell for people who would make jokes, make light of, or otherwise disrespect a 19 y/o young man who died because of a heart condition.
  Smack talk about the Razorbacks, the program, the state, the fans, Walmart--anything but young Mr. Ueckman.  That kind of crap shows how classless and stupid you really are.  

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 05, 2011, 05:30:20 PM »
I haven't been over here in awhile, but my favorite new Hog fan is whoever was bragging about wearing shirts from Jos. A. Bank.   :lol:
Yeah.  That was very good.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 05, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »
Wow, were are getting their version of "oldefella" quite a bit.   :eek:

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 05, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »

http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/05/college-sports-towns-lifestyle-sports-college-towns_slide_5.html

Kansas State not mentioned...possibly because they don't count K-State as a college? Or the Wildcats as a sports team?
Also a great way to prank the Razorback message board nation would be to create a fake magazine and have it rank Northwest Arkansas as the most baddest ass place on Earth, some Hog fan would post that on a message board to prove how Northwest Arkansas is great within seconds. 

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 05, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »
HEY K-STATE FANS. I know you guys are only good at responding ignorantly to the few ignorant hog fans (based on what I have been reading in this blog), but could one of you legitimately answer my post?:

So, wait a second, I'm obviously an Arkansas fan, but can a true K-State fan answer me a couple questions?

1. How would beating Arkansas (a team ranked above yours in every poll, a team widely regarded as having a more storied history, and a team favored to win) hurt the image of your program in any way? I thought wins against good teams were a good thing for your program, but maybe things are different in Kansas.

2. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Arkansas Razorback football team, if you're being completely honest?

3. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Kansas State football team, if you're being completely honest?

4. What do you think the score will be, if you're being completely honest?

As for my answers to those questions:
1. It doesn't. It would be a huge win for K-State to beat Arkansas, who many see as the 3rd best team in the SEC (who pretty much everyone agrees is the strongest conference in CFB). There would be literally nothing but positives for K-State if they were able to pull off this upset.

2. I think they see them as a strong team in the strongest conference. They see them as right there in that 2nd tier of great teams (Bama and LSU being at the top), alongside teams like Oregon, Ok State, Stanford (begrudgingly), and maybe Boise.

3. I think they see them as an underdog who have had a great season under a great coach. They're probably in the 3rd tier of CFB teams with the likes of South Carolina, Wisconsin, Va Tech, and Baylor.

4. I think Arkansas will definitely win, but it won't be a huge blowout. I see K-State putting up a good fight for a half or so, then Arkansas' great passing offense and NFL quality receivers running wild over K-State's less than stellar pass D. Klein running the ball will be the majority of K-State's offense (Arkansas has a poor run defense, and isn't very good with mobile QBs).

But I'd like to hear a K-State fan's honest views, because I've only ever met 1 or two (despite living all over the country and overseas).

I'm assuming (and hoping for your own sake) that this whole blog topic is a joke, but if it isn't, please answer these questions for me.

:dnr:   :jerk:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: December 05, 2011, 05:32:24 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

:horrorsurprise:

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 05, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
http://www.forbes.com/2011/06/27/best-places-11-small_slide_2.html

they expect us to have careers.  :dunno:

Sooo... no response to the college sports town thing?? Willingly admiting your gameday environment sucks? Cool
Go Hogs Go

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 05, 2011, 05:33:17 PM »

It is extremely wise to compliment your fellow posters when you find their content enjoyable.  

Good job, Ham.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 05, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

:horrorsurprise:

Some people just can't handle a little joshing.  Now, who's going to Pizza Hut with me?
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 05, 2011, 05:34:39 PM »

Also a great way to prank the Razorback message board nation would be to create a fake magazine and have it rank Northwest Arkansas as the most baddest ass place on Earth, some Hog fan would post that on a message board to prove how Northwest Arkansas is great within seconds. 

That made-up rag would be Forbes, saying Fayetteville is the #2 recession proof area in the nation.
Go Hogs Go