Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927606 times)

Offline CottonChampsEasily

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #1025 on: December 05, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »
I'm not a fan of either team, but I will say on paper things do not look good for K State

Ark passing offense is 13th and K States passing defense is 104th.  That doesn't make for a good match up.

Ark's total offense and total defense are also rated much higher than K-State's.

On paper this is a one sided match-up in favor of Arkansas.

Thank you for your service, Marine1.  The people of this fine country are in debt to you.

SHUTUP AND SITDOWN. THIS ARKANSAS BOARD NOW. MAKE A NEW ONE.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 05, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
Why the eff are they calling it a blog?

I think it's adorable.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 05, 2011, 05:08:17 PM »
I'm looking at this thread and wondering if any of you people even bothered to read the registration agreement. You know, the one that goes,

"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law"

And honestly? All of said stuff is incredibly juvenile. I'd have thought that anyone that made it into a University would have SOME semblance of maturity.

Does BSAC know about this?  He seems oddly silent today.....

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 05, 2011, 05:08:27 PM »
So a Hogs fan told me about this blog. Imagine how surprised to see that people in Kansas had internet access in their backwoods shacks? I mean, I already considered Kansas a pretty ass backwards place considering its an agricultural state and only 3% of our nation's workforce works in ag, but to see these morons thinking K-State will actually beat an SEC team?

I think you should change that to Football... because they would most definitely destroy all of the SEC teams in basketball.  Probably in unemployed agriculture graduates who live with their parents, as well (but I can't find quantifiable stats for that yet).

Offline KStatewillbedestroyed

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 05, 2011, 05:09:21 PM »
I'm going to the ESPN convo since this POS blog blows

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 05, 2011, 05:10:12 PM »
I'm going to the ESPN convo since this POS blog blows

Don't talk about our blog that way  :shakesfist:

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 05, 2011, 05:10:23 PM »
So a Hogs fan told me about this blog. Imagine how surprised to see that people in Kansas had internet access in their backwoods shacks? I mean, I already considered Kansas a pretty ass backwards place considering its an agricultural state and only 3% of our nation's workforce works in ag, but to see these morons thinking K-State will actually beat an SEC team? A joke. And to think that people who lay their heads down at night in the State of Kansas were bashing other states? Surely they jest. I'd also be surprised if Coach AARP doesn't stroke out when Joe Adams houses the first kickoff. I'll be there, the kid wearing the Joseph A Bank red and white striped shirt (yes, that's a clothing company and no, they aren't a subsidiary of Carhartt). So bring it on GDI jersey-wearing, backwoods living, wheat thrashing, crappy highways driving, lameass gameday atmosphere enjoying, cold weather enjoying, 14 bowls all-timing, traditionless scum. We will shut you up then keep thrashing your boards for years.

Don't you realize we are 2-0 vs. the SEC this year?

Offline CottonChampsEasily

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 05, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »
I'm looking at this thread and wondering if any of you people even bothered to read the registration agreement. You know, the one that goes,

"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law"

And honestly? All of said stuff is incredibly juvenile. I'd have thought that anyone that made it into a University would have SOME semblance of maturity.

Yea well they let everyone in KSU.  Their acceptance rate is 98.5%.  Arkansas is 60.5%.  

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 05, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »
So a Hogs fan told me about this blog. Imagine how surprised to see that people in Kansas had internet access in their backwoods shacks? I mean, I already considered Kansas a pretty ass backwards place considering its an agricultural state and only 3% of our nation's workforce works in ag, but to see these morons thinking K-State will actually beat an SEC team? A joke. And to think that people who lay their heads down at night in the State of Kansas were bashing other states? Surely they jest. I'd also be surprised if Coach AARP doesn't stroke out when Joe Adams houses the first kickoff. I'll be there, the kid wearing the Joseph A Bank red and white striped shirt (yes, that's a clothing company and no, they aren't a subsidiary of Carhartt). So bring it on GDI jersey-wearing, backwoods living, wheat thrashing, crappy highways driving, lameass gameday atmosphere enjoying, cold weather enjoying, 14 bowls all-timing, traditionless scum. We will shut you up then keep thrashing your boards for years.

:nono: our highways are fantastic.  Congratulations on your 1 nice shirt.  Wear it proudly.

Offline farmerchip

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:09 PM »

I doesn't know iffins you is Josh, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah, Jeremiah,  Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jodyn-Grace or Josie, but that just ain't no way to talk to yer betters, child.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »
I'm not a fan of either team, but I will say on paper things do not look good for K State

Ark passing offense is 13th and K States passing defense is 104th.  That doesn't make for a good match up.

Ark's total offense and total defense are also rated much higher than K-State's.

Thank you for your service, Marine1.  The people of this fine country are in debt to you.

If you make this an Arkansas board...will you include any Photoshops with the President?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline K-State Is Great!

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:18 PM »
I think you should change that to Football... because they would most definitely destroy all of the SEC teams in basketball.  Probably in unemployed agriculture graduates who live with their parents, as well (but I can't find quantifiable stats for that yet).

Kentucky is #1, get informed
Go Hogs Go

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »

Ark passing offense is 13th and K States passing defense is 104th.  That doesn't make for a good match up.

For the record, I did not say the bolded stuff.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 05, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »

Yea well they let everyone in KSU.  Their acceptance rate is 98.5%.  Arkansas is 60.5%.  

Are the posters here the ones who got accepted or the ones who didn't?  I'm so  :confused:

Offline NaturalState

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:17 PM »
HEY K-STATE FANS. I know you guys are only good at responding ignorantly to the few ignorant hog fans (based on what I have been reading in this blog), but could one of you legitimately answer my post?:

So, wait a second, I'm obviously an Arkansas fan, but can a true K-State fan answer me a couple questions?

1. How would beating Arkansas (a team ranked above yours in every poll, a team widely regarded as having a more storied history, and a team favored to win) hurt the image of your program in any way? I thought wins against good teams were a good thing for your program, but maybe things are different in Kansas.

2. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Arkansas Razorback football team, if you're being completely honest?

3. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Kansas State football team, if you're being completely honest?

4. What do you think the score will be, if you're being completely honest?

As for my answers to those questions:
1. It doesn't. It would be a huge win for K-State to beat Arkansas, who many see as the 3rd best team in the SEC (who pretty much everyone agrees is the strongest conference in CFB). There would be literally nothing but positives for K-State if they were able to pull off this upset.

2. I think they see them as a strong team in the strongest conference. They see them as right there in that 2nd tier of great teams (Bama and LSU being at the top), alongside teams like Oregon, Ok State, Stanford (begrudgingly), and maybe Boise.

3. I think they see them as an underdog who have had a great season under a great coach. They're probably in the 3rd tier of CFB teams with the likes of South Carolina, Wisconsin, Va Tech, and Baylor.

4. I think Arkansas will definitely win, but it won't be a huge blowout. I see K-State putting up a good fight for a half or so, then Arkansas' great passing offense and NFL quality receivers running wild over K-State's less than stellar pass D. Klein running the ball will be the majority of K-State's offense (Arkansas has a poor run defense, and isn't very good with mobile QBs).

But I'd like to hear a K-State fan's honest views, because I've only ever met 1 or two (despite living all over the country and overseas).

I'm assuming (and hoping for your own sake) that this whole blog topic is a joke, but if it isn't, please answer these questions for me.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »

Does BSAC know about this?  He seems oddly silent today.....

He's making a fortune on the traffic.

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:51 PM »

Get real, bro.  You don't lose to Kentucky... you just (maybe) get a L until it gets vacated for cheating.

Offline Rayzorback

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 05, 2011, 05:13:20 PM »
Since 1936, Arkansas has finished in the top 20 of the final rankings 27 times.  In the same period, KSU has placed in the top 20 only 10 times.  Which program has more tradition?  Arkansas is a top 20 program in the history of the sport, not "small time."  KSU did nearly all of its damage in the 1990s.  KSU is "small time"

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 05, 2011, 05:13:36 PM »

I'd have to let everyone in too if my University was in the bad person of America, the American Midwest.
Go Hogs Go

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 05, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »

Although it hasn't been a very good indicator this year in determining the outcome of Q@z football games so far this year, we thank you for your impartial examination of the "on-paper" matchup. And also for the American hero thing too!!!!  Welcome to the board Marine1!

:ksu:

Offline MarilynKay

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 05, 2011, 05:14:02 PM »
I have to quote Bugs Bunny as it relates to Kansas State:

"Poor Little Maroons...so trusting, so naive".

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 05, 2011, 05:14:13 PM »
HEY K-STATE FANS. I know you guys are only good at responding ignorantly to the few ignorant hog fans (based on what I have been reading in this blog), but could one of you legitimately answer my post?:

So, wait a second, I'm obviously an Arkansas fan, but can a true K-State fan answer me a couple questions?

1. How would beating Arkansas (a team ranked above yours in every poll, a team widely regarded as having a more storied history, and a team favored to win) hurt the image of your program in any way? I thought wins against good teams were a good thing for your program, but maybe things are different in Kansas.

2. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Arkansas Razorback football team, if you're being completely honest?

3. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Kansas State football team, if you're being completely honest?

4. What do you think the score will be, if you're being completely honest?

As for my answers to those questions:
1. It doesn't. It would be a huge win for K-State to beat Arkansas, who many see as the 3rd best team in the SEC (who pretty much everyone agrees is the strongest conference in CFB). There would be literally nothing but positives for K-State if they were able to pull off this upset.

2. I think they see them as a strong team in the strongest conference. They see them as right there in that 2nd tier of great teams (Bama and LSU being at the top), alongside teams like Oregon, Ok State, Stanford (begrudgingly), and maybe Boise.

3. I think they see them as an underdog who have had a great season under a great coach. They're probably in the 3rd tier of CFB teams with the likes of South Carolina, Wisconsin, Va Tech, and Baylor.

4. I think Arkansas will definitely win, but it won't be a huge blowout. I see K-State putting up a good fight for a half or so, then Arkansas' great passing offense and NFL quality receivers running wild over K-State's less than stellar pass D. Klein running the ball will be the majority of K-State's offense (Arkansas has a poor run defense, and isn't very good with mobile QBs).

But I'd like to hear a K-State fan's honest views, because I've only ever met 1 or two (despite living all over the country and overseas).

I'm assuming (and hoping for your own sake) that this whole blog topic is a joke, but if it isn't, please answer these questions for me.

I can't give this post its due diligence...I'll miss out on like 40 posts or something.

Offline farmerchip

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 05, 2011, 05:14:21 PM »
Since 1936, Arkansas has finished in the top 20 of the final rankings 27 times.  In the same period, KSU has placed in the top 20 only 10 times.  Which program has more tradition?  Arkansas is a top 20 program in the history of the sport, not "small time."  KSU did nearly all of its damage in the 1990s.  KSU is "small time"

1936 was a fine year to be a razorback now let me tell you.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 05, 2011, 05:14:47 PM »

I'd have to let everyone in too if my University was in the bad person of America, the American Midwest.

You realize Kansas and Arkansas are very close to each other... right?

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 05, 2011, 05:14:51 PM »

Get real, bro.  You don't lose to Kentucky... you just (maybe) get a L until it gets vacated for cheating.

We beat Kentucky last year. Check those stats old man.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/sec/2011-02-23-arkansas-kentucky_N.htm
Go Hogs Go