Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251212 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1425 on: July 17, 2012, 11:05:36 AM »
If Pen State Football does fold, I wonder if they will put the football stadium up for auction.

Speaking of the stadium, does anybody else find the name Beaver Stadium awesomely ironic given all the gay sex going on up there?

I think that area being called Happy Valley is way more ironic

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 17, 2012, 11:18:28 AM »
Welp

http://www.startribune.com/sports/162711896.html

NEW YORK - The president of the NCAA says he isn't ruling out the possibility of shutting down the Penn State football program in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.

In a PBS interview Monday night, NCAA President Mark Emmert said he doesn't want to "take anything off the table" if the NCAA determines penalties against Penn State are warranted.

Emmert said he's "never seen anything as egregious as this in terms of just overall conduct and behavior inside a university." He added, "What the appropriate penalties are, if there are determinations of violations, we'll have to decide."

The last time the NCAA shut down a football program with the so-called "death penalty" was in the 1980s, when SMU was forced to drop the sport because of extra benefits violations.

Twitter will be amazing.

LMAO if they let PSU off the hook when they gave SMU the death penalty for "extra benefits violations". How can you look at the two next to each other and not think PSU football needs to be shut down for a period of time?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 17, 2012, 11:30:10 AM »
This seems to be the current go to excuse, besides attacking Freeh:

When asked if Penn State should remove the statue of Paterno outside of Beaver Stadium, Monaghan said he’d need more time to decide. (Despite Nike co-founder and chairman Phil Knight’s passionate defense of Paterno at his memorial service, Nike announced that the child-development center at its corporate headquarters would no longer be named for Paterno). At least one former player thinks the statue should stay. “To say he was covering it up is, I think, crazy,” says former Penn State tight end Mickey Shuler, who played in the NFL for 14 seasons, from 1978-1991, for the Jets and the Eagles. “I don’t believe that the football program has any [reason] to be feeling that they didn’t do what they were supposed to do. I think that as time shows itself, you’ll see that coach Paterno probably handled this thing as best he could with the information he was given. He’s not a police officer, he’s not a D.A., he’s not any of those things. But I’m sure he cooperated and wanted the truth. And he’s the only one who has said so far, ‘I would step down from my job,’ and ‘I wish I could have done more.’ I haven’t heard anyone else say that.”

Read more: http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/07/13/every-day-was-a-mistake-how-should-penn-state-deal-with-joe-paterno-2/#ixzz20tjIlE9m

But if Joe isn't a police officer or a D.A., why not turn it over to a police officer or a D.A.? If my roof is sagging I don't shrug and say "I'm not an engineer" and wait for it to collapse, I rough ridin' call one.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 17, 2012, 11:31:13 AM »
Welp

NEW YORK - The president of the NCAA says he isn't ruling out the possibility of shutting down the Penn State football program in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.

In a PBS interview Monday night, NCAA President Mark Emmert said he doesn't want to "take anything off the table" if the NCAA determines penalties against Penn State are warranted.

Emmert said he's "never seen anything as egregious as this in terms of just overall conduct and behavior inside a university." He added, "What the appropriate penalties are, if there are determinations of violations, we'll have to decide."

The last time the NCAA shut down a football program with the so-called "death penalty" was in the 1980s, when SMU was forced to drop the sport because of extra benefits violations.

Twitter will be amazing.

LMAO if they let PSU off the hook when they gave SMU the death penalty for "extra benefits violations". How can you look at the two next to each other and not think PSU football needs to be shut down for a period of time?

why only psu football?? It was the AD and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business involved too. Shut the whole school down while we're at it.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 17, 2012, 11:33:35 AM »
Welp

Twitter will be amazing.

why only psu football?? It was the AD and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business involved too. Shut the whole school down while we're at it.

Sandusky was raping kids in the business building?!

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 17, 2012, 12:12:42 PM »

But if Joe isn't a police officer or a D.A., why not turn it over to a police officer or a D.A.? If my roof is sagging I don't shrug and say "I'm not an engineer" and wait for it to collapse, I rough ridin' call one.

Exactly.  What if Joe had been informed that his own child had been to one of Jerry's tickle parties?  Guess he'd tell Sue they're not calling the cops, cause he's not a detective after all.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 17, 2012, 12:17:14 PM »
If Pen State Football does fold, I wonder if they will put the football stadium up for auction.

Speaking of the stadium, does anybody else find the name Beaver Stadium awesomely ironic given all the gay sex going on up there?

That's why it's nicknamed "Happy Valley" It's a huge vag/ass joke.  True story.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 17, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »

Exactly.  What if Joe had been informed that his own child had been to one of Jerry's tickle parties?  Guess he'd tell Sue they're not calling the cops, cause he's not a detective after all.

LMFAO at any pedophile ever attempting a molesting of Jay Paterno.  Simply wasn't a practical concern for the Paternos.  Couldn't wrap their minds around it.  The benefit of having really ugly, dooshy kids. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 18, 2012, 01:57:04 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/17/3710036/pinkel-speaks-of-paterno-greatness.html

“Joe Paterno is a friend. I got to know him professionally. You can’t take away the greatness of this man. He was a great man. And however you analyze this, you can’t erase all that this guy has done. You can’t do that. Nobody can do that.”

Pinkel said, “I don’t read a lot about it, but there’s certainly lessons to be learned by everybody.”

Those apparently more informed, like NCAA president Mark Emmert and SEC commissioner Mike Slive, expressed little public sympathy.

“I’m sure he would maybe, if he did it over again, he’d follow up a few things,” Pinkel said. “But don’t take away all this guy did, and sit around blaming him for all this.”

i'm finding it difficult to reconcile this blathering of colossal stupidity. it makes me so angry. i believe in diligently seeking out the truth in every situation, especially when the powerful abuse the defenseless. i don't understand blind and willful allegiance. i never will. particularly when something as documented, concrete and damning as the Freeh report is readily available. human beings are much too frail and flawed to believe in unconditionally.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1434 on: July 18, 2012, 08:41:04 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/17/3710036/pinkel-speaks-of-paterno-greatness.html

“Joe Paterno is a friend. I got to know him professionally. You can’t take away the greatness of this man. He was a great man. And however you analyze this, you can’t erase all that this guy has done. You can’t do that. Nobody can do that.”

Pinkel said, “I don’t read a lot about it, but there’s certainly lessons to be learned by everybody.”

Those apparently more informed, like NCAA president Mark Emmert and SEC commissioner Mike Slive, expressed little public sympathy.

“I’m sure he would maybe, if he did it over again, he’d follow up a few things,” Pinkel said. “But don’t take away all this guy did, and sit around blaming him for all this.”

i'm finding it difficult to reconcile this blathering of colossal stupidity. it makes me so angry. i believe in diligently seeking out the truth in every situation, especially when the powerful abuse the defenseless. i don't understand blind and willful allegiance. i never will. particularly when something as documented, concrete and damning as the Freeh report is readily available. human beings are much too frail and flawed to believe in unconditionally.

You're ignoring the fact that Gary Pinkel is an idiot.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:28 AM »
Now they are plagiarizing our ideas.

Would have been so amazing...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 18, 2012, 10:21:35 AM »
Jesus, this is going to be amazing when it explodes on campus.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 18, 2012, 10:22:27 AM »
Have any enrollment numbers been released for Penn State this year? It's going to be interesting to see just how big the drop off is.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 18, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »
Have any enrollment numbers been released for Penn State this year? It's going to be interesting to see just how big the drop off is.

I'd guess enrollment will be just fine.  maybe a slight drop? 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 18, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »

I'd guess enrollment will be just fine.  maybe a slight drop?

If I were a high school senior and this had happened at Kansas State, I can assure you that I would have gone elsewhere.

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: July 18, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »
Welp Penn State students are now camping out at the statue. 

Can't wait to be there on Saturday.  Everyone has gone crazy.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: July 18, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »

are there more than the original two?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: July 18, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »
 :katpakhead:

CAN'T WAIT

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: July 18, 2012, 11:33:30 AM »

Incite as much rioting as you are able to.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: July 18, 2012, 11:41:43 AM »

You need to Skype the riot when they come to cut it down.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: July 18, 2012, 11:43:22 AM »
If that thing was in KC, it would already have been dropped off at Asners for salvage. 

Some Jackson Co guy would be having a $600 meth party orgy with the proceeds.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »
My super MU insider buddy just told me that Pinkel has privately said that if the statue is taken down he will take it and put it up at his house.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: July 18, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »

You need to Skype the riot when they come to cut it down.

I recommend ustream as the official broadcast partner of goEMAW live events.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: July 18, 2012, 11:49:20 AM »
My super MU insider buddy just told me that Pinkel has privately said that if the statue is taken down he will take it and put it up at his house.

The absolute best thing the school could do would be to invite all the boosters that are still paterno fans to an auction, then auction all the statues, murals, and stuff off.

Get rid of it for a high price while there are still buyers.  Then donate that money to abuse victims or keep it as a drop in the bucket for the civil payouts.

Given the twitter response, it is evidently worth some money right now.  another year or two may be diff.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: July 18, 2012, 02:10:02 PM »
OMFG, a coworker told me to look on Deadspin.  In this case, they should definitely leave the statue up.