Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 250096 times)

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1400 on: July 16, 2012, 04:02:56 PM »
There was a GPC thread about a farmer who beat his daughter's rapist to death.  That's how this should have concluded.

In hindsight. 

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 16, 2012, 04:06:47 PM »
There was a GPC thread about a farmer who beat his daughter's rapist to death.  That's how this should have concluded.

In hindsight.

Can you link that thread? It sounds pretty fantastic.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 17, 2012, 12:38:46 AM »
eff Joe Posnanski and his family

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 17, 2012, 12:56:27 AM »
LaVar Arrington sez:

Ashamed for Joe Paterno and Penn State’s leaders, but still proud of my school
By LaVar Arrington

The Jerry Sandusky scandal rose to another level with the release of information in the Freeh Report on Thursday that Joe Paterno was part of the group that attempted to cover up what happened.

I have been offering my opinion about this since the beginning and I won’t stop now. But I realize that no matter what I write I will offend someone. If I say anything positive about Penn State or Paterno, the public will condemn me, and Penn State will praise my efforts. If I condemn my alma mater, it will be the reverse.

So what am I to do? Making it a point to be a voice during this horrible time hasn’t been easy, but it has been necessary and therapeutic. Figuring out how to prevent this from happening again is where my head is now.

I can’t stress enough how much my heart goes out to the victims, named and unnamed. There almost certainly will be lawsuits, but I’m sure there’s no monetary value that can be placed on the devastation they suffered. The healing, restoration and well-being of the victims and their families continue to be the focus of my concern and prayers.

Now how do we move on from here?

I wish Paterno, former Penn State president Graham Spanier and others had better handled the situation when they first learned of it. Sure, public disclosure or firing Sandusky would have been embarrassing. The school would have taken a blow and the media would have teed off on what had been considered a squeaky clean school and football program, led by a man with a reputation for doing things the right way.

There would have been civil suits and tons of money paid out to the victims. Maybe some recruits would have chosen other schools. Boosters might have stopped donating and reputations would have been affected. That’s not what happened. As a result of official decisions, children continued to be victimized.

I can speak from the heart when I say nobody is more disappointed than Penn Staters about how this was handled and how it has made us look. It took wonderful people, year after year, to build the school’s reputation — not football players as much as students and professors.We are more than Paterno or any other single figure there. Our chant is “We are Penn State.” Not “he is” or “she is.” A big mistake would be making this all about loving or hating Paterno.

When I was being recruited by Penn State, coaches made a point to stress the values symbolized by having no names on jerseys, plain uniforms and a humble, hardworking approach in all that they did. Strive to be better. Set a positive example. Create the standard. My dad, a soldier, raised us that way and I knew that Penn State was where I wanted to be.

I believe that message is as clear now as ever and this will have to be the way the school’s reputation is rebuilt.

As for the statue of Paterno: Leave it up or take it down — it really doesn’t matter that much, in my opinion. Paterno’s legacy has been tarnished and there’s a good chance it always will be.

Both sides of this conflict would be better served turning their attention to fighting for better policies to protect kids. If you are a Penn State alum, student or employee, you are fighting to preserve the legacy that each and every one of us who attended the school stands for, which is excellence.

We had nothing to do with this mess, but we accept the judgements about Paterno and whatever is required for the victims and their families to move forward.

Our goal is to show the highest possible level of support and remorse for what happened to those kids and their families and, along the way, work to restore what we’ve all been a part of building all these years — Penn State’s reputation.

I’m still Penn State proud. I will be accused of being biased, and and I wouldn’t disagree, but I’m not blinded by the pride I hold for the school I attended.

In my heart I know that supporting the victims and my college is the right thing for me to do. It says in the Bible to let he with no faults cast the first stone.

I’m comfortable knowing that too many great people have come from Penn State to ever think the actions of a few define all of us. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1406 on: July 17, 2012, 07:17:28 AM »
Great words by Lamar.

Now, open your check book Penn State, and start drawing zeros until you run out of ink, and then we'll give you a another pen to draw a 9 on the left side.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 17, 2012, 08:54:31 AM »

and next to it show rapes vs rapes reported in a timely manner.

that would look like the KSU v. ku football score.

It would be similar, but we rarely shut KU out.

Not a shut out.  I mean, he has a strong record at something like 14-1, but let's not get carried away.

Does it really count as reporting when you report it to your "superior" and then strong arm them into doing nothing about it, though?

I would be fine with a 15-0*

18-0*

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 17, 2012, 08:55:53 AM »
Fair enough.  I mean, we wouldn't be putting together the final number for the mural.  Surely that number will get more realistic btwn now and then.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 17, 2012, 08:58:22 AM »
Fair enough.  I mean, we wouldn't be putting together the final number for the mural.  Surely that number will get more realistic btwn now and then.

Yeah, these three cases supposedly happened in the 1970's, when Sandusky was in his late 20's. All the other cases took place when he was in his 50's. There is a pretty big window in there where Jerry either decided to lay of the kid raping, or a ton of victims still have not come forward.

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: July 17, 2012, 08:59:05 AM »
Welp

http://www.startribune.com/sports/162711896.html

NEW YORK - The president of the NCAA says he isn't ruling out the possibility of shutting down the Penn State football program in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.

In a PBS interview Monday night, NCAA President Mark Emmert said he doesn't want to "take anything off the table" if the NCAA determines penalties against Penn State are warranted.

Emmert said he's "never seen anything as egregious as this in terms of just overall conduct and behavior inside a university." He added, "What the appropriate penalties are, if there are determinations of violations, we'll have to decide."

The last time the NCAA shut down a football program with the so-called "death penalty" was in the 1980s, when SMU was forced to drop the sport because of extra benefits violations.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 17, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
Welp

NEW YORK - The president of the NCAA says he isn't ruling out the possibility of shutting down the Penn State football program in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.

In a PBS interview Monday night, NCAA President Mark Emmert said he doesn't want to "take anything off the table" if the NCAA determines penalties against Penn State are warranted.

Emmert said he's "never seen anything as egregious as this in terms of just overall conduct and behavior inside a university." He added, "What the appropriate penalties are, if there are determinations of violations, we'll have to decide."

The last time the NCAA shut down a football program with the so-called "death penalty" was in the 1980s, when SMU was forced to drop the sport because of extra benefits violations.

Twitter will be amazing.

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 17, 2012, 09:02:05 AM »
Welp

Twitter will be amazing.

I'm heading to Happy Valley this weekend.  My Penn State trips always have the worst timing. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 17, 2012, 09:04:27 AM »
"What the appropriate penalties are, if there are determinations of violations, we'll have to decide."

That's a big "if."  I mean, we know that discounted dockers and excessive text messages are violations, but we're not quite sure about child sodomy.  We'll have to look into this...   

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 17, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
More like the best timing.

Take pictures of all the joe pa crap still left up then forward them to CanCo for touch ups.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 17, 2012, 09:14:24 AM »
I'm heading to Happy Valley this weekend.  My Penn State trips always have the worst timing. 

You'll have that pak head made by then, right?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 17, 2012, 09:23:36 AM »
Welp

Twitter will be amazing.

Watch your ass.

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 17, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »

It's getting made right now! Should have it by Saturday.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 17, 2012, 09:32:11 AM »

Looking forward to monday's pic of you and the giant pak head combofanning in front of the Joe Pa statue.

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 17, 2012, 09:40:20 AM »

Looking forward to monday's pic of you and the giant pak head combofanning in front of the Joe Pa statue.

I'm going to wear that Penn State hat with the BJ while doing it.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: July 17, 2012, 09:43:05 AM »
Welp

Vid:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:52:05 AM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 17, 2012, 09:48:48 AM »

I'm going to wear that Penn State hat with the BJ while doing it.

:thumbs:

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 17, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »
If Pen State Football does fold, I wonder if they will put the football stadium up for auction. Currie could get quite a steal although that moving cost will be crazy.
RIP Fatty

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 17, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »
If Pen State Football does fold, I wonder if they will put the football stadium up for auction.

Speaking of the stadium, does anybody else find the name Beaver Stadium awesomely ironic given all the gay sex going on up there?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 17, 2012, 10:38:05 AM »
If Pen State Football does fold, I wonder if they will put the football stadium up for auction.

Speaking of the stadium, does anybody else find the name Beaver Stadium awesomely ironic given all the gay sex going on up there?

Spoons Alert!