Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 248446 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #700 on: November 10, 2011, 10:06:54 AM »
Crazy way for JoePa to end his career.  A humongous black eye on the face of a man whose only blemish up to this point has been his GIANT rough ridin' NOSE.

^what I would tweet if I were a tweet-guy

JoPa has been guilty of similar hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil behavior with his players for years and years.

I bet you're a blast at parties.

I seriously have no idea what your post means, I think you may be whining because it appears that I had the audacity to disagree with you, but I'm wouldn't think you're that thin-skinned.  Anyway,

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/02/27/cfb.crime/index.html
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3504915
http://onwardstate.com/2011/03/03/penn-state-football-arrests-with-honor/

In retrospect this stuff is small timey compared with what was going on there, but the point is that this week isn't his first black eye.  You can also find many other articles detailing PSU football crime and cover up.  I have a buddy who was an athlete at PSU who has great stories about football players in State College.

It means it was a rough ridin' joke about Joe Paterno's big schnoz.  Chill out there, internet tough guy.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 10, 2011, 10:08:37 AM »
So is it safe to assume JoePa sold his soul to the Devil in 1966 to one day become the winningest college football coach ever? And the Devil came to collect less than 2 weeks after it happened?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 10, 2011, 10:12:16 AM »
So is it safe to assume JoePa sold his soul to the Devil in 1966 to one day become the winningest college football coach ever? And the Devil came to collect less than 2 weeks after it happened?

If it is the case, Pretty sure JoePa got the better of the deal.  I mean, unless the Devil had other reasons for early termination of the contract, it would be null and void at this point.  JoePa off the hook(soul wise).

Most soul contracts require written notice and an opportunity for the part to remedy the situation in such a way to keep the contract from being terminated. 

Will be interesting if the contract contains any clause about this being handled by a mediator rather than through the courts.  Gotta think the mediator is a better route for the JoePa(insert lawyer joke here).

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 10, 2011, 10:12:34 AM »
You should interview Nebraska fans and ask them how they feel about Tom Osborne raping kids.

When they start to correct you, just use a high-pitched voice and say "I'm preeeeetty sure it was Tom Osborne."

This, along with your seersucker suit/sudafed juleps post have put you clearly in the lead for POTY.  Just straight spittin' comedic fire these days.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 10, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »
Ok serious question, where can I rent a legit looking tv camera and a camera guy on short notice.

I'm sure I could pass for one of those not well known women sports reporters if I dress nice a la Erin Andrews in my trench coat.

Don't really want to get hit with rocks though, so probably need to rent a body guard too.

TIA.

Get some young, eager kids from a philly school's broadcast journalism dept. to go with you.

And by kids, I mean college students, not 10-year-old boys.

I don't know.  Maybe this thing goes deeper.  Seems like there might be an opportunity for some "To Catch a Predator" action.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 10, 2011, 10:17:54 AM »
Crazy way for JoePa to end his career.  A humongous black eye on the face of a man whose only blemish up to this point has been his GIANT rough ridin' NOSE.

JoPa has been guilty of similar hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil behavior with his players for years and years.

I seriously have no idea what your post means, I think you may be whining because it appears that I had the audacity to disagree with you, but I'm wouldn't think you're that thin-skinned.  Anyway,

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/02/27/cfb.crime/index.html

In retrospect this stuff is small timey compared with what was going on there, but the point is that this week isn't his first black eye.  You can also find many other articles detailing PSU football crime and cover up.  I have a buddy who was an athlete at PSU who has great stories about football players in State College.

It means it was a rough ridin' joke about Joe Paterno's big schnoz.  Chill out there, internet tough guy.

:confused: awfully sensitive for a guy who went on national television with a sign about two guys having a lemon party

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 10, 2011, 10:21:06 AM »

please tweet so i can rt, thanks

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 10, 2011, 10:22:55 AM »
coach OKCatBro will be coaching saturday. man.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 10, 2011, 10:24:10 AM »

I am just glad that everything worked out for OK_Cat in this ordeal

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 10, 2011, 10:26:10 AM »

:confused: awfully sensitive for a guy who went on national television with a sign about two guys having a lemon party

It was just about one guy having a lemon party.  You're probably thinking of the one where I talked about two guys participating in a rusty trombone.   :cheers:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 10, 2011, 10:26:44 AM »

i mean there is just so much paint potential out there on the interwebs

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 10, 2011, 10:28:52 AM »

If it is the case, Pretty sure JoePa got the better of the deal.  I mean, unless the Devil had other reasons for early termination of the contract, it would be null and void at this point.  JoePa off the hook(soul wise).

Contract wasn't terminated. The Devil won because now this is what everyone will remember him for. He was the undisputed King for 10 days, now he's disgraced and gone.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 10, 2011, 10:31:37 AM »
Phog gem: Any chance Penn State hires Mangino?

Quote from: el situacion
know MM is from the area, so wondering if he might be a candidate for the job opening.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 10, 2011, 10:35:39 AM »
Phog gem: Any chance Penn State hires Mangino?

Quote from: el situacion
know MM is from the area, so wondering if he might be a candidate for the job opening.
I'm sure they'll go from a guy that allegedly ignored a child abuse ring to a guy that allegedly oversaw a player abuse ring.

It's as if  they just don't even understand how the world works...like...at all.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 10, 2011, 10:36:17 AM »
Joe Posnanski is melting down and defending Paterno because he gave him access to write a book.   :flush:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 10, 2011, 10:42:56 AM »

I am just glad that everything worked out for OK_Cat in this ordeal

:cool:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 10, 2011, 10:46:01 AM »
Joe Posnanski is melting down and defending Paterno because he gave him access to write a book.   :flush:

I hate that the media is so predictable

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 10, 2011, 10:49:49 AM »

predictable as in "making themselves a part of the story" and "going after people, except, you know, the guy who raped the kids"

that predictable? 

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 10, 2011, 10:54:13 AM »
getnickwright nick wright
People asking why McQueary has a job, it's almost assuredly because he was the "whistle blower" on this thing. If they fire him, he can sue.

BSAC confirm?

the POS should never coach again. This is a joke.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 10, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »
People asking why McQueary has a job, it's almost assuredly because he was the "whistle blower" on this thing. If they fire him, he can sue.

BSAC confirm?

why?  (this isn't because i knew him at one point)

This isn't a football issue.  It's a horrible set of events that happened around football, but it's not a football issue. 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 10, 2011, 10:56:49 AM »

predictable as in "making themselves a part of the story" and "going after people, except, you know, the guy who raped the kids"

that predictable? 

Media people being butthurt because the people in trouble helped them out in the past, and darn it, that's not fair. All should be forgiven in Joe Posnanski's eyes because Paterno helped him write a book once. All he gives a crap about is his personal interests.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 10, 2011, 10:57:56 AM »

BSAC confirm?

why?  (this isn't because i knew him at one point)

This isn't a football issue.  It's a horrible set of events that happened around football, but it's not a football issue. 

It is a football issue when the football department, AD and President are covering up a child molestation dating service/prostitution ring

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 10, 2011, 11:00:14 AM »

that predictable? 

Media people being butthurt because the people in trouble helped them out in the past, and darn it, that's not fair. All should be forgiven in Joe Posnanski's eyes because Paterno helped him write a book once. All he gives a crap about is his personal interests.

you are putting alot of words in Posnanski's mouth. Nothing he said today was incorrect, imo.

I still think Joe Pa needed to be fired, fwiw.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 10, 2011, 11:04:41 AM »
Lets me clarify something.  Posnanski was writing a book about Paterno right now, and he's getting access to him for a fluff piece.  Then all this crap came down.  He's getting an amazing opportunity to do some real journalism.  I'm not sure if Posnanski is up to it.  He'll need to re-evaluate what he's doing. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 10, 2011, 11:07:52 AM »
The thing that pisses me off about the general public in all of this is that people use knee-jerk reactions to jump to conclusions. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.