Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 250190 times)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #750 on: November 10, 2011, 11:39:32 AM »
they should never be allowed to janitor ever again.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 10, 2011, 11:39:38 AM »
Not being edgy, moron.  I disagree with you because I can step back from the situation and see the big picture.  You're so hell-bent on everyone who knew sandusky to be burned at the stake that you aren't making any sense.  What about the janitors?  You haven't said anything about how they should never be allowed to be janitors ever again.

But you aren't seeing the big picture. Read the Grand Jury report.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 10, 2011, 11:40:06 AM »
I will personally see to it that those janitors are never allowed to sweep another floor or scrub another toilet again.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 10, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
I will personally see to it that those janitors are never allowed to sweep another floor or scrub another toilet again.

Meh, many janitors are ex-cons.
:adios:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 10, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »
If you are a janitor and you witness a child being anally violated by a naked old man, and do nothing about it, you do not get to practice janitoring any more.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 10, 2011, 11:43:10 AM »
What about the janitors?  You haven't said anything about how they should never be allowed to be janitors ever again.

If they saw it, and didn't tell the police, are they not complicit?  Accessories after the fact? Low legal IQ here, but shouldn't they be prosecuted?

Everyone involved should have to answer for the situation.  From the top clear down to the janitor who kept his mouth shut.  Integrity and doing the right thing have nothing to do with job title.
@mikec2w

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 10, 2011, 11:44:06 AM »
getnickwright nick wright
People asking why McQueary has a job, it's almost assuredly because he was the "whistle blower" on this thing. If they fire him, he can sue.

BSAC confirm?

the POS should never coach again. This is a joke.

why?  (this isn't because i knew him at one point)

This isn't a football issue.  It's a horrible set of events that happened around football, but it's not a football issue. 

A football coach molesting children caught by a football coaching assistant in a football complex covered up by the football teams administration.

Yup, not a football issue. You are totally right OK cat.

Not a football issue, dumbass.  Do you think the football team will face NCAA sanctions?  No.  The key figures are on the football staff, but it's not a story about football and never has been.

Yup. Totally right there OK cat. It's definitely not a football issue. That's why the head football coach was fired, because it's such a non-football issue.

Dumbass.

Which is why there were riots and protests last night.  The general public and the media goons wanted blood, and the board of trustees buckled.  If people really cared about this story, they'd be more worried about forming angry mobs and finding sandusky.  You know, the real criminal.

Those "riots" and "protests" were Penn State students Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). Who were so loyal to JoePa they didn't want him fired. They were a little biased, no?

Your buddy doesn't deserve to coach because he is a piece of crap and can never be trusted to do the right thing. It's pretty simple, regardless of whether this is a "football issue" or not.

But go ahead, keep being edgy and disagreeing with everyone else for the sake of edginess.

Not being edgy, moron.  I disagree with you because I can step back from the situation and see the big picture.  You're so hell-bent on everyone who knew sandusky to be burned at the stake that you aren't making any sense.  What about the janitors?  You haven't said anything about how they should never be allowed to be janitors ever again.

Because janitors are in a position of power, right? You are the one who isn't getting it and won't step back and look at the whole picture. You are too wrapped up in your buddy being innocent or whatever.

When a person in a position of power fails to act (and no, I don't count telling your dad/supervisor as acting) he should no longer be trusted in a position of power.

It's simple.

If you think a person with such low morals that they can't even take real action on something they witnessed should be in a position of power... then idk... you are an idiot and there is nothing more to say I guess.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 10, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »
The thing that pisses me off about the general public in all of this is that people use knee-jerk reactions to jump to conclusions. 

the thing that pisses me off is the anal rape of a 10 year old 20 or so significantly underage boys. but that's just me.

touche. but the knee-jerk reactions are pretty bad, too.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 10, 2011, 11:52:56 AM »
The thing that pisses me off about the general public in all of this is that people use knee-jerk reactions to jump to conclusions.  

the thing that pisses me off is the anal rape of a 10 year old 20 or so significantly underage boys. but that's just me.

touche. but the knee-jerk reactions are pretty bad, too.

No need to get too worked up about this thing yet folks.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 10, 2011, 11:54:27 AM »

Because janitors are in a position of power, right? You are the one who isn't getting it and won't step back and look at the whole picture. You are too wrapped up in your buddy being innocent or whatever.

When a person in a position of power fails to act (and no, I don't count telling your dad/supervisor as acting) he should no longer be trusted in a position of power.

It's simple.

If you think a person with such low morals that they can't even take real action on something they witnessed should be in a position of power... then idk... you are an idiot and there is nothing more to say I guess.

"Hello, 911? I've witnessed a little boy being raped at the football complex"

"oh, What is your name?"

"Derp McJanitor"

"I'm sorry, you have the wrong number. Have a great day."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello 911? By and Large an employee has witnessed a youngster being raped."

"What is your name?"

"Joe Pa."

"OK, I'll send someone right over!"

:flush:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 10, 2011, 11:56:03 AM »

pffffffft

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 10, 2011, 11:57:20 AM »
getnickwright nick wright
People asking why McQueary has a job, it's almost assuredly because he was the "whistle blower" on this thing. If they fire him, he can sue.

BSAC confirm?

the POS should never coach again. This is a joke.

Not BSAC but can confirm that whistle blowers are protected, although I'm not sure that would apply here.  Even if it did the cash settlement would be worth the cost of letting him go, they have to white wash that program.

Would it apply here, though?  I mean, he didn't blow the whistle on something the Ath Dept or School was doing.  It was an individual's actions that weren't related to the school. 

Honest Q.  Not a lawyer.

There's no way the whistle blower laws would protect him from termination under these circumstances.  Whistle blower laws are designed to protect people from being fired simply for reporting illegal actions they witnessed.  All PSU would have to prove is that they didn't fire him for reporting what he saw, but they fired him because he didn't go far enough (contacting the police).  Basically it would be the same situation as JoePa, and they didn't hesitate firing him.  It would be a pretty open and shut case, imho.  I can't believe he's not gone, one way or the other.  Either they just didn't feel the need to single him out at the press conference or they're leaving it in the hands of the interim AD.  There's no way he survives this.  He's at least as deplorable and culpable as JoePa.

*not an attorney but graduated law school
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 10, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »

It's simple.

"Hello, 911? I've witnessed a little boy being raped at the football complex"

"oh, What is your name?"

"Derp McJanitor"

"I'm sorry, you have the wrong number. Have a great day."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is your name?"

"Joe Pa."

"OK, I'll send someone right over!"

:flush:

:facepalm: Not what I was saying.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 10, 2011, 12:00:25 PM »
Does he last until the new coach comes in?  I he's fired then, as most old assistants are when a new head coach comes in, will he try to sue Penn State about his termination?!?  Man oh man, this thing is messy.

Stay tuned.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 10, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »
There are two JoPa scenarios here:

1. He knew and was complicit in covering for Sandusky.

2. He didn't know anything about it.

Both are grounds for termination. And No. 2 is really, really hard to believe. I suppose it's possible though incredibly unlikely.
I can get behind this
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 10, 2011, 12:16:29 PM »

the thing that pisses me off is the anal rape of a 10 year old. but that's just me.

Why even post something like this?  This is a given.  I assume you are a smart guy so why act like there a not multiple levels to this story that are worthy of being reported, discussed? 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 10, 2011, 12:18:33 PM »
crap, man.  i was counting on okcat to make fun of dead joe paterno down the road, but he can't even tolerate people talking crap about paterno after a goddam child rape cover-up.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 10, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »
crap, man.  i was counting on okcat to make fun of dead joe paterno down the road, but he can't even tolerate people talking crap about paterno after a goddam child rape cover-up.

oh, there will be jokes.

i just don't see what firing paterno does to this situation except please the mob mentality.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 10, 2011, 12:21:39 PM »
FWIW, the janitor who told the other janitors what he had seen is dead.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 10, 2011, 12:22:31 PM »

oh, there will be jokes.

i just don't see what firing paterno does to this situation except please the mob mentality.

:jerk:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 10, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »

oh, there will be jokes.

it's about psu's image.  that's about all.  that's why the bot got involved.  make sense?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 10, 2011, 12:24:17 PM »
they should never be allowed to janitor ever again.

Janitors push brooms for a living they aren't in charge of the well being of young people, certainly you know the difference.

McQueary shouldn't have his right to coach taken away, after all he wasn't dicking kids, but let's be real he should go ahead and get his insurance license.  He isn't worth the hit that any team or school would take if they hired him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 10, 2011, 12:26:52 PM »
There are two JoPa scenarios here:

1. He knew and was complicit in covering for Sandusky.

2. He didn't know anything about it.

Both are grounds for termination. And No. 2 is really, really hard to believe. I suppose it's possible though incredibly unlikely.
I can get behind this

lol, why the temper tantrum last night?

BTW those are two polar extremes and as always the truth is in the middle.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 10, 2011, 12:30:14 PM »
Let's get back to what's important.  Is Nebraska going to cover?