Author Topic: Killing animals  (Read 144961 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Killing animals
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »
Only dumbasses make things harder than they have to be.

If the only goal is to end up with a dead deer, then I would agree.  If one of the reasons you're doing it for sport, then that rule doesn't apply.  SEE: hiking around a mountain rather than driving (enjoying the outdoors/exercise), going for a run rather than going for a drive (exercise).  Both of those things are harder than they have to be, but accomplish the same end result.  One of the main reasons anyone partakes in any sport is for the challenge.  Hunting deer with a rifle isn't challenging.  It's like playing one-on-one vs. a 3rd grader and bragging about how many points you scored.  I just don't understand it.

Seems like using a bow is cheating.  

Stalk and fight the thing.  only natural weapons.  rocks, sticks, teeth or hands.  Otherwise you are also running up the score on a 3rd grader.  Blasting him with a 85lb compund bow and a tungsten steel broadhead is not sport.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:13 PM »
[ike playing one-on-one vs. a 3rd grader and bragging about how many points you scored. 

this is the exact example that pops into my mind when people on this site lol @ really dumb phog and gpc quotes. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »
Was calling (trying to call) some yotes during the third quarter.  Stopped to enjoy the scene of 8 deer feeding 500 yards to my left, 4 deer 500 yards to my front (including 2 8-pointers sparring), and 2 deer over my back (both of which walked less than 60 yards by me).  Also a flock of prairie chickens flew in to roost right in front of me, and I stepped on a covey of quail on my walk out. 

Online Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2011, 05:12:56 PM »
LHIQ here,

Do you always have to hunt at the ass crack of dawn? My friend is big into hunting and wants to take me, but I really have no desire to go sit in a field at 5am on a Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with people murdering wild animals, but can't it happen at like 1 in the afternoon?

QFT.  I have had offers to  go hunting with some hunting peeps, even though I don't own a rifle or have a hunting license or deer tags or any of that crap.  They told me they were given access to some land out by Salina and would be coming to pick me up at 3.  I told them if they meant 3 PM that was fine but since I'm pretty sure they meant 3 AM to leave me the eff alone.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2011, 05:36:24 PM »
LHIQ here,

Do you always have to hunt at the ass crack of dawn? My friend is big into hunting and wants to take me, but I really have no desire to go sit in a field at 5am on a Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with people murdering wild animals, but can't it happen at like 1 in the afternoon?

QFT.  I have had offers to  go hunting with some hunting peeps, even though I don't own a rifle or have a hunting license or deer tags or any of that crap.  They told me they were given access to some land out by Salina and would be coming to pick me up at 3.  I told them if they meant 3 PM that was fine but since I'm pretty sure they meant 3 AM to leave me the eff alone.

To clarify guys, it doesn't have to happen so early.  But if you're all into it and stuff that definitely is one of the best times. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 12:34:40 AM »
getting up early makes it feel harder, that's the main purpose.  because it's really not hard.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »
getting up early makes it feel harder, that's the main purpose.  because it's really not hard.

Unless you bow hunt....apparently.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »
The taste of deer meat has a lot to do with their diet.   I stopped hunting deer because all we have around here are milo & corn fields & the deer meat just taste like crap.  Heinballz houshold is very pro hunting, but I hate trophy hunters; so if you're killing deer just for fun, I think you're a dick. 

Hey dipshit, what would you rather have them eat?  Acorns like in Arkansas and Mizzou?  Scrub brush like in W. Texas?  Marsh grass like in Florida?  Try eating one of the scrawny pieces of crap from one of those areas.  If all you have is milo and corn fields, the deer in your area are eating the same thing that cattle are fed in a goddamn feedlot.  Have you ever had beef that has only been free grazed on grass?  It's tougher than hell and tastes like crap cause it has no fat and marbeling from grain.  Though you are correct that the taste has a lot to do with diet, your deer are eating the best diet they can have for taste.  It could just be that deer meat doesn't agree with your palette or that you are preparing it wrong.

Hey fucknutz.  I've taken big game in 3 different states so I know you don't know what the eff you're talking about.   A deer is not a rough ridin' cow and taste very different.  In fact, wild game taste "Gamey" when they have too much fat on them you stupid dick knuckle.  You want a good tasting deer?  Go shoot one in colorado where they spend all winter eating bark off a rough ridin' tree.   Ever eat a cow that spent all winter eating bark from a rough ridin' tree?  No?  Me neither, but if deer meat is any indication I would say beef taste rough ridin' amazing. 
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »
I vote HeinBallz for goEMAW Hunter Guy of the Year for that post

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2011, 12:22:07 PM »
#teamanimals

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2011, 12:25:55 PM »

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »
 :dance:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2012, 11:29:52 PM »
Grats rams. 

Hopefull geno didnt have the same luck and the box of kittens lives to know another day

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2012, 11:45:13 PM »
Grats rams. 

Hopefull geno didnt have the same luck and the box of kittens lives to know another day

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

haven't got one yet, but the season is ramping up for me. just curious if anyone else on the board has filled a tag yet.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2012, 12:20:05 AM »
i hit a quail with my truck yesterday (on the fly).  will probably kill some mice tomorrow.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2012, 01:33:11 AM »
i want to shoot a pig, but don't have a good place to go.

I shoot on average 3 pigs a year.  One shot one kill.  Quick and pain less.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2012, 01:36:00 AM »
Plus killed the crap out of dove this season.  It was glorious.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2012, 05:39:30 PM »

Explain this tradition to a non hunter

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Killing animals
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »
Hunters are weird

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2012, 07:37:51 PM »

I get up before sunrise and drive to my brother's house and eat some breakfast.  Usually breakfast burritos stuffed with eggs, sausage, green peppers, onions, and cheese.   :lick:  Then drive  :driving: to the area I have been observing flight patterns over the last few weeks.  Get our gear out and set up in a long firing line with who ever else is there.  I like to sit my motorized dove and several decoys a few yards in front of me.  Then we sit quietly in the twilight.  You will usually see several groups of dove flying around before sunrise but you can't shoot.  It's very peaceful till that sun comes.  We will shoot till the birds stop flying.  Usually congratulating eachother when there is a good shot or shunning someone who empties their gun at a bird only to watch said bird fly away.  Usually around 10 or 11a.m. we will go to dad's house to clean all the birds and eat them for lunch.  There are quite a few of us bloodfarts so there is plenty of convo going on the entire time.  I love it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:43:13 PM by Bloodfart »

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Killing animals
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2012, 08:56:27 AM »

I get up before sunrise and drive to my brother's house and eat some breakfast.  Usually breakfast burritos stuffed with eggs, sausage, green peppers, onions, and cheese.   :lick:  Then drive  :driving: to the area I have been observing flight patterns over the last few weeks.  Get our gear out and set up in a long firing line with who ever else is there.  I like to sit my motorized dove and several decoys a few yards in front of me.  Then we sit quietly in the twilight.  You will usually see several groups of dove flying around before sunrise but you can't shoot.  It's very peaceful till that sun comes.  We will shoot till the birds stop flying.  Usually congratulating eachother when there is a good shot or shunning someone who empties their gun at a bird only to watch said bird fly away.  Usually around 10 or 11a.m. we will go to dad's house to clean all the birds and eat them for lunch.  There are quite a few of us bloodfarts so there is plenty of convo going on the entire time.  I love it.

:thumbs: sounds like an amazing time

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Killing animals
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2012, 12:57:09 PM »
I'd love it if someone came to my house, convinced me that this gorgeous lady wanted to sex me up and then once I get close enough to her they blow my head off.

#teamanimals

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2012, 02:12:41 PM »
Hunters are weird

So are animals.  It's a weird showdown in the woods.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2012, 02:27:35 PM »
My buddy and I shot clay pigeons on Sunday. It was fun.