Author Topic: Killing animals  (Read 149736 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Killing animals
« Reply #1025 on: November 18, 2016, 03:23:46 PM »
i've giving you credit for not being stupid enough to really think your infant son gives a crap whether you shoot an elk or not.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 18, 2016, 03:26:32 PM »
Hiking is just as enjoyable as hunting, imo.  In fact, it is more so.  You get what you go for every time you go.

I've thought a lot about this and I can assert that you are wrong.  When you're hiking you are only considering your own needs.  When you are hunting you are not only considering your own needs, but are also considering the needs of your quarry.  Sometimes you sacrifice your own needs in the hunt.  You are more aware of your surroundings, where you walk, how loudly you talk, the wind, the angle of the sun, the moon phase, everything.  You actually hear bird calls and squirrels bark and such because they can affect you, whereas a hiker might ignore them or not even notice them.  Also, you're up and active early and late (and sometimes at night), which is when animals are most active.  Hikers don't even get out of bed until the sun is up.  FWIW, these aren't uniquely my thoughts, I took a hippie friend on my first hunt to Colorado and he noticed these things.  I met a couple who spent an entire week in a wilderness area loaded with elk and they never saw a single one, couldn't even comment if they noticed any tracks or droppings.  They were oblivious hikers.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 18, 2016, 03:28:45 PM »
That's the emo I know
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 18, 2016, 03:30:01 PM »
i've giving you credit for not being stupid enough to really think your infant son gives a crap whether you shoot an elk or not.

I never said he cared one way or the other.  He likes the meat but he can't possibly appreciate it.  My wife even can't possibly fully appreciate it because she does not fully understand what went into it, but she does to the extent that she wants me to kill something every year. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 18, 2016, 03:33:15 PM »
i believe your motive is pure, emo. and i think it's great. i just think you suck at hunting compared to pete's relatives.

Post the picture bubba.  PM if necessary.  I gotta get my eyes on this beast. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 18, 2016, 03:40:43 PM »
it's not an exact analogy, but if your child did whatever small children can do to make money (steal from your wife's purse?  dunno) to make money to buy you a happy meal to help you with your dietary goals while you were out trying to kill an elk to feed him it'd be kinda gift of the magish.  at least, i can see where daris was going with that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 18, 2016, 04:05:46 PM »
Doesn't really parallel Gift of the Magi, but the irony is that Emo thinks the meat is the gift, when in fact the gift is his absence. I mean, could you imagine living with this self-righteous turd?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 18, 2016, 04:07:21 PM »
Emo seems pretty great. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 18, 2016, 04:10:33 PM »
It's the talker/doer thing again. 

But, sometimes my wife asks if there's anything in season for me to go kill.   :buh-bye:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 18, 2016, 04:25:22 PM »
I saw the elk that Pete's kin killed.  Wow.  If I get one like that ever I might have to move on to something else to get the shakes.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: November 19, 2016, 10:13:26 AM »

But, sometimes my wife asks if there's anything in season for me to go kill.   :buh-bye:

Hey numbskull, you get that no one is taking issue with your "doing," it's the bullshit you're "talking" that we're busting you on, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 19, 2016, 10:19:36 AM »
So mad

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 19, 2016, 12:34:54 PM »
Why don't you become a freelance nature photographer, Emo?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 19, 2016, 12:36:11 PM »
Everything you do sounds like a lot of fun and I'd join you like crazy. I just wouldn't want there to be a kill. Can someone explain how the kill heightens the experience?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 19, 2016, 12:49:03 PM »
SDK, our ancestors had to kill to provide, I'm sure it gives him a nice ride from where he came from. I don't care how well we have it these days, you exist because your ancestors did the same

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 19, 2016, 01:06:26 PM »
I understand that. I exist becau se my ancestors did a lot things though. I'll need a bit more.

Side note: My happy place would be a cabin in rhe mountains where I had limited power and did have to hunt to supplement my dietary needs. I'm not opposed to hunting, I just can't see leaving civilization for a week to go kill something and then coming back. I bash it a lot, but I'm genuinely curious about what about the kill shot makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 19, 2016, 02:45:50 PM »
 :thumbs: Just know he takes care of the creature and wants to aknowledge his ancestors how we got here. He's not a murderer, he's just placing himself in time. It is a beautiful process for those that don't judge gaming.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 19, 2016, 02:48:59 PM »
Everything you do sounds like a lot of fun and I'd join you like crazy. I just wouldn't want there to be a kill. Can someone explain how the kill heightens the experience?

emo already explained it pretty well a few posts back.  when hunting, you feel yourself to be a participant in nature, rather than an observer.  it's a different experience.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 19, 2016, 03:51:03 PM »

emo already explained it pretty well a few posts back.  when hunting, you feel yourself to be a participant in nature, rather than an observer.  it's a different experience.
Fair enough. I just didn't want to read through all the bullshit. Thank you.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 19, 2016, 03:53:25 PM »

Hey numbskull, you get that no one is taking issue with your "doing," it's the bullshit you're "talking" that we're busting you on, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are reading in something that isn't there or saying I said something I haven't.  I'm willing to assume you guys aren't stupid (most of you at least) so I can only assume jealousy or something else I don't understand. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1045 on: November 19, 2016, 04:17:05 PM »
I think you can safely assume they're jealous of your selflessness.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 19, 2016, 04:30:19 PM »
I mean, I couldn't justify killing things myself without engaging in bullshit. So, I assume this is true for others, too.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 20, 2016, 08:42:24 AM »
Another way to kill animals, provide food for your family, do things your ancestors did, and participate in nature: raise meat chickens.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 20, 2016, 08:58:26 AM »
He already said he wanted to but his HOA male genitals blocked him
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 20, 2016, 10:31:23 PM »
Hiking is just as enjoyable as hunting, imo.  In fact, it is more so.  You get what you go for every time you go.

I've thought a lot about this and I can assert that you are wrong.  When you're hiking you are only considering your own needs.  When you are hunting you are not only considering your own needs, but are also considering the needs of your quarry.  Sometimes you sacrifice your own needs in the hunt.  You are more aware of your surroundings, where you walk, how loudly you talk, the wind, the angle of the sun, the moon phase, everything.  You actually hear bird calls and squirrels bark and such because they can affect you, whereas a hiker might ignore them or not even notice them.  Also, you're up and active early and late (and sometimes at night), which is when animals are most active.  Hikers don't even get out of bed until the sun is up. FWIW, these aren't uniquely my thoughts, I took a hippie friend on my first hunt to Colorado and he noticed these things.  I met a couple who spent an entire week in a wilderness area loaded with elk and they never saw a single one, couldn't even comment if they noticed any tracks or droppings.  They were oblivious hikers.

Maybe casual hikers, but more serious hikers and especially peakbaggers almost always start well before sunrise.  And I can guarantee you when it's dark and I'm on the trail alone, I'm very aware of my surroundings.  I will admit that on the way down I'm typically going for speed and missing things, but by then there are other people around ruining it anyway.