Author Topic: As I read message boards the more convinced I become that very few posters...  (Read 25806 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Basically everything The Manhatter posts is common sense. Not sure why he thinks he's so much smarter than everyone.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Basically everything The Manhatter posts is common sense. Not sure why he thinks he's so much smarter than everyone.

If common sense is the wisdom of barbarians, does that mean that 'Hatter is a barbarian?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
why do you guys think our wr's are so good?

good point.  they aren't.  solid group but overrated by ksu fans.

What have you seen out of them that leads you to believe this?  They've been given zero chance to showcase their skills.

This is why you can't say that they're elite. I feel like skill players should be given chances to showcase their skills before you can crown them elite skill players. It's about what they've done, not about what they haven't not done, as you are suggesting.

Offline LHarKSUCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Has an undefeated Big 12 ever not made the MNCG?  Also, Clemson will not go undefeated and I don't think Stanford plays a tough enough schedule to fend us off if we were to rattle off wins vs OU, OSU, UT, and aTm.

The only undefeated BCS AQ team to not make the BCS title was Auburn

I agree that there probably won't be an undefeated team from the each the SEC (LSU or Bama), Big 12 (KSU or OSU), ACC (Clem), and the PAC (Stan)... Isn't that Auburn year the only time they've really had more than 2 BCS conference schools go undefeated?
Fortunately the computers love us, and hopefully our SOS would be enough to jump over others, but I wouldn't count on jumping the media darling Clemson and Stanford teams in the human polls, probably just cynicism on my part due to our general lack of media respect in general...

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Seems like knocking off OU and OSU would garner us a ton of respect.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
Roberson 2003 first 7 games (not counting the two he missed): run 117-551 yds-10 TD, pass: 76-146 (52%) 1313 yds, 7 INT, 13 TD - 5-2 record

Klein 2011: run: 151-670 yds-14TD, pass 82-138 (59%) 934 yds, 3 INT, 8 TD - 7-0 record

Wow! Can't argue with those facts. I wouldn't have put CK with Ell just yet, but apparently he belongs in that class.  Let's hope he'll hoist a Big XII trophy like E3 did too.

:emawkid:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile

If common sense is the wisdom of barbarians, does that mean that 'Hatter is a barbarian?

This is a stupid post.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, Ira's numbers shut me the hell up too.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Ell's home threat ability makes him better. Fast as he is, Klein will not be making 90yd runs on top defenses.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hard to quit Ell.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
I'm not bashing Ell.  He did great things and he did make big plays.

But the perception of Klein is just wrong.  He's good.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also, I'm not sure Ell makes it this far into the season without getting injured.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
it's okay to say.  ell is overrated.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
College quarterbacks who couldn't throw worth a crap and still did ok:

1.  Eric Crouch
2.  Tim Tebow
3.  so many others i can't think of them, but theres a lot

NOT jamal lord

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Roberson 2003 first 7 games (not counting the two he missed): run 117-551 yds-10 TD, pass: 76-146 (52%) 1313 yds, 7 INT, 13 TD - 5-2 record

Klein 2011: run: 151-670 yds-14TD, pass 82-138 (59%) 934 yds, 3 INT, 8 TD - 7-0 record

For shits and giggles:

First 7 games
Freeman 2008: run: 54-263 yds-13TD, pass 131-210 (62%) 1746 yds, 2 INT, 12 TD - 4-3 record

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
We beat rough ridin' Texas Tech at rough ridin' Texas Tech.

not sold on Tech yet.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TTU just beat OU.  Are you also not sold on OU?

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
TTU just beat OU.  Are you also not sold on OU?

I'm not.  I'd rank our remaining games based on what we do:

1. A&M
2. @ UT
3. @ OSU
4. OU
5. ISU

2 and 3 are interchangeable.  I don't like the A&M game at all.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

did you just compare player stats for a player that played in five games to the stats of a player that played in seven? jesus chum is right. this website? ugh.  :flush:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

did you just compare player stats for a player that played in five games to the stats of a player that played in seven? jesus chum is right. this website? ugh.  :flush:

(not counting the two he missed) means I threw out umass and marshall-LOSS and counted the first 7 games he played in.

Cal
Troy
McNeese
UT-LOSS
OSU-LOSS
CU
KU
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:17:43 PM by Ira Hayes »

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't see anyway that UT and aTm are tougher games than OU and OSU.   Seems like all the people and computers that contribute to the polls agree.   :ck:

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I think we can jump Clemson if they somehow manage to not choke (literally almost impossible).  But Stanford, and this guy Luck they keep talking about like he is a greek god that cured cancer and will break every Peyton and Favre record put together will be darn tough to jump.

But lets save that post for Nov. 6th am if we can  :lynchmob: enough to win them both.  :pray:

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
why do you guys think our wr's are so good?

because Harper is a big target and cocky as eff. Good hands..and knows how to get open.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Eff you guys that want to ruin college football with a playoff.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
I'm not bashing Ell.  He did great things and he did make big plays.

But the perception of Klein is just wrong.  He's good.

If he was white, he'd have better perception

If he hits a couple deep balls the next couple weeks, people will be talking him up (assuming we win or are close).  All of our highlights are of him running the ball into a mass of humanity (and ultimately the endzone) from inside the 2.

LITERALLY ALL OF OUR HIGHLIGHTS ARE OF A KLEIN QB KEEPER FROM INSIDE THE 2.  SHOW SOMETHING ELSE YOU UNIMAGINATIVE MEDIA PRICKS.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd